what to do ?

More
20 May 2016 00:39 - 20 May 2016 00:40 #727560 by zirafin
Replied by zirafin on topic what to do ?
thanks for info. i will try to check as fast as i can.

and i I spoke on the phone with MECHANIC after i told what i was doing hi ask if i have vacuum in my carbs going to gas tank???
i know there is 1 line going from carburetor til gas tank.how to test this line and ho to test petcock on gas tank if is working on vacuum?

in this picture its : manifold vacuum route to petcock.
gpzweb.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.co...Page/TK22hornEnd.jpg
Last edit: 20 May 2016 00:40 by zirafin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2016 00:54 - 20 May 2016 00:56 #727561 by zirafin
ok i found in manual that petcock can test remove the vacuum line and gas line on position ON ore RES , gas dont go out ,and if running engine provides vacuum and operate the diaphragm valve = so its start run gas ??
on PRI position its will go if engine is running ore not
and i finking to test carburetor.maybe to close gas line, and to suck air thru vacuum line if its holt is working>??????

its good finking ore not>??
Last edit: 20 May 2016 00:56 by zirafin.

• The_Proletariat
  • User
  • "Cocaine is a hell of a drug"
More
20 May 2016 07:27 - 20 May 2016 07:29 #727583 by The_Proletariat
Replied by The_Proletariat on topic what to do ?

and i I spoke on the phone with MECHANIC after i told what i was doing hi ask if i have vacuum in my carbs going to gas tank???
i know there is 1 line going from carburetor til gas tank.how to test this line and ho to test petcock on gas tank if is working on vacuum?

in this picture its : manifold vacuum route to petcock.
gpzweb.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.co...Page/TK22hornEnd.jpg

ok i found in manual that petcock can test remove the vacuum line and gas line on position ON ore RES , gas dont go out ,and if running engine provides vacuum and operate the diaphragm valve = so its start run gas ??

Correct. In the picture the hose "manifold vacuum route to petcock" needs to be plugged if you disconnect it from the petcock.

on pri position its will go if engine is running ore not

Correct.

and i finking to test carburetor.maybe to close gas line, and to suck air thru vacuum line if its holt is working>??????

its good finking ore not>??

If you suck on the vacuum line fuel should flow with the petcock in "On" or "Res" position.

To disable the petcock vacuum function, plug the vacuum line or nipple on the carb, and use "PRI" while the engine is running.

Too little fuel supply from the petcock will affect all your carbs/cylinders, not just one.

1982 Kawasaki KZ550 LTD
Last edit: 20 May 2016 07:29 by The_Proletariat.

More
20 May 2016 07:39 #727587 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic what to do ?
Sorry, I just thought you would measure the clearance while it was open. I know it's a pain, but you don't want to do a whole bunch of carb work only to find out the engine was the problem.

The compression values are very low. Normally, even on an old engine, I see about 170 to 180 psi.
Are you sure you had the throttle held wide open? (Choke fully off.)

More
21 May 2016 00:56 - 21 May 2016 00:58 #727708 by zirafin
i found in manual its says : compression from 130 till 160 below 100 its will not starting engine
i test cold engine ,choke of: 125 psi and 4 cylinder is 150 psi.

i will wait for monday to show my kz to mechanic we will sea what will go i hope to hear the heart beats.
Last edit: 21 May 2016 00:58 by zirafin.

More
21 May 2016 01:40 #727709 by zirafin
so i understand that minimum is 130 psi so my engine is crap ..... to spend 400 euro to fix it its to mach money to spend. :( :(

More
21 May 2016 05:45 - 21 May 2016 05:47 #727725 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic what to do ?
You may not have tested the compression properly. To do so :

The engine must be warmed up to normal operating temperature. The pistons taper in near the top so with the engine warmed up they expand near the top which helps the rings seal against the cylinder walls.

The battery needs to be fully charged.

The throttle needs to be held all the way open.

All spark plugs must be removed.

If you do all that and compression is still low you should perform a leak down test. That will identify where the compression is leaking (could be valves, rings, head gasket, etc.) If you remove the cylinder head before performing the leak down test you will have lost the opportunity to use that diagnostic tool.
Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
Last edit: 21 May 2016 05:47 by 650ed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: loudhvx

More
23 May 2016 03:38 - 23 May 2016 03:42 #727987 by zirafin
hi
so mechanic was to look my kz and ;
( the mechanic closed air in, on side of 4 carburetor (air filter) using hand its star work 4 cylinder ,and same time his hand was all in fuel )
1.like i finked the fuel is going to mach from carburetor , so firs its need synchronize carburetor work
2. the petcock is not holding vacuum .
3. and mechanic did not like the start ant shat up engine sounds, its says: its like not in timing,

its really going to mach fuel in to engine and its just stop working using the throttle grip.

after 3 days hi will try to synchronize carburetors and we will sea what is going on next,
the valve clearance to look will be next job .
Last edit: 23 May 2016 03:42 by zirafin.

More
24 May 2016 05:45 #728200 by zirafin
hi so i fix petcock for now but i will need to buy kit to fix.
cleaned again carburetors and now u can sea in video how its working 4 cylinder using choke and towel. but its still not working th throttle gripe .

• The_Proletariat
  • User
  • "Cocaine is a hell of a drug"
More
24 May 2016 10:06 #728262 by The_Proletariat
Replied by The_Proletariat on topic what to do ?

zirafin wrote: hi
so mechanic was to look my kz and ;
( the mechanic closed air in, on side of 4 carburetor (air filter) using hand its star work 4 cylinder ,and same time his hand was all in fuel )
1.like i finked the fuel is going to mach from carburetor , so firs its need synchronize carburetor work
2. the petcock is not holding vacuum .
3. and mechanic did not like the start ant shat up engine sounds, its says: its like not in timing,

its really going to mach fuel in to engine and its just stop working using the throttle grip.

after 3 days hi will try to synchronize carburetors and we will sea what is going on next,
the valve clearance to look will be next job .

You should check the valve clearance before you synchronize the carbs. Valve clearance will affect the carb sync.

cleaned again carburetors and now u can sea in video how its working 4 cylinder using choke and towel. but its still not working th throttle gripe

How long was the engine running before you took this video?

1982 Kawasaki KZ550 LTD

More
24 May 2016 10:25 #728264 by zirafin
its was from start of cold engine .but i found other thing:
www.kawasaki.com/Parts/PartsDiagram/134934/1981/KZ550-A2
i look in carburetor manual of kawasaki part page : and i think in my carburetor is missing o rings on needle jet so tomorrow i again tace a part of carburetor to look and i fink is missing some :gasket flout valve.

and if It appears to be true maybe it will be all problem on carbs.

More
24 May 2016 10:28 - 24 May 2016 10:43 #728265 by zirafin
and valve clearance i will look after i check the o rings ant gaskets on valve. thanks for still helping me :)

i will try to mace more pictures

i hope the loudhvx dont be angry on my but hi can write in his carburetor page that its need and good idea to check if all o rings and gaskets is in carburetor, like if u buy carburetor kit for repair . where is still many "lol" like me unable to see the differences .then u open first time carburetor.
Last edit: 24 May 2016 10:43 by zirafin.