what to do ?

More
16 Mar 2016 08:07 - 16 Mar 2016 20:03 #715671 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic what to do ?
The pod filters & 4-1 exhaust increase the amount of air flow, but the stock jets are too small for the uptake of enough fuel. opening the choke adds fuel, so it runs better with the choke on. opening the throttle adds air, but the jets are too small, so it runs worse.

Of course, double check that the pilot orifices are good. not obstructed. and maybe other stuff.
Last edit: 16 Mar 2016 20:03 by martin_csr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zirafin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2016 08:23 #715674 by zirafin
Replied by zirafin on topic what to do ?
tomorrow i will look in carbs for pilot jets . and today just reading .thanks i will write that i will find tomorrow.

More
16 Mar 2016 08:57 #715680 by zirafin
drilling pilot jets ,? the central hole ??can u explain for me ? central hole is 1.4mm how big dril bit i nead ? fuck i am noob if stock size is 32 pilot jets so its .32mm of what ?????

In order to get larger TK pilot jets, they will have to be drilled. This works well and is relatively easy to do. Stock is #32 (.32mm). With just a minor change to the exhaust, a stock pilot will usually work fine. With major exhaust changes, or pod air filters, #34 or #37 (.34mm or .37mm) may be needed.
Drilling Jets
Drilling jets is relatively easy. Since the orifice is already there, the drill is just shaving a small amount of brass. Usually it is best to mount the drill in a vise carefully, and just hold the jets by hand and let the bit pull itself into the jet. It will drill out very quickly, so it is important to use a very very low speed drill, and don't linger after the bit goes through. It is important that each jet takes about the same amount of time to drill out for uniformity.
Drill Bits
Obviously, very tiny drill bits are required to do the drilling. The most readily available set of tiny bits is probably the Forney Industries 60239 Mini Drill Set. It covers all of the sizes required for the TK22 up to 99 mains, and has the two smallest sizes required for the pilots (34 and 37).

More
16 Mar 2016 08:59 #715681 by zirafin
al pilot jet central hole is 1.4 and the tip of pilot jet is only 0.32 mm ?? and its nead to change to 0.37????

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
More
16 Mar 2016 10:47 - 16 Mar 2016 10:48 #715712 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic what to do ?
That is running exceptionally bad. Jetting, alone, won't run that bad.

It sounds like running on 2 cylinders on your video.

Don't make adjustments to the carbs until you know the ignition is working.
Spray water on the exhausts pipes when hot to see if they are all the same temperature.
The water should dance off with steam. If not then maybe there is no ignition on that cylinder.

Did you work on the engine at all?

Did you check the choke plates?
See this page for choke flaps: gpzweb.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.co...chokePlateFlaps.html
Last edit: 16 Mar 2016 10:48 by loudhvx.

More
16 Mar 2016 10:53 - 16 Mar 2016 10:56 #715713 by loudhvx

zirafin wrote: al pilot jet central hole is 1.4 and the tip of pilot jet is only 0.32 mm ?? and its nead to change to 0.37????

No. The passage is 1.4mm. But it gets smaller further in.

gpzweb.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.co.../TK22variousJets.gif

The original pilot is 0.32mm. To run pods you may need to drill it to 0.34mm, or maybe 0.37mm.

BUT NOT YET. CHECK OTHER THINGS FIRST.
Last edit: 16 Mar 2016 10:56 by loudhvx.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zirafin

More
16 Mar 2016 11:36 #715716 by zirafin
no i did not do anything for motor . I checked only sparks plugs if its spark on them . and looked for timing of ignition . maybe its can be problem i attach a picture.

Attachment IMAG1258.jpg not found

Attachment IMAG1259.jpg not found

Attachments:

More
16 Mar 2016 11:42 - 16 Mar 2016 11:51 #715717 by zirafin
tomorrow i will look :
1.how is working cilinders al 4 ore 2 ,
2.choke plates.
3.pilot jet
4.spark and spar plugs

thanks i hope we will find that devil inside :D :evil:
and write u , i will tray to mace more video and pictures .
Last edit: 16 Mar 2016 11:51 by zirafin.

More
16 Mar 2016 12:20 #715729 by loudhvx
If you opened the valve cover, did you release the cam chain tensioner before installing the valve cover? That is very important.

The valve cover pushes on the chain, so the tension must be released before installing. Then the tensioner will put tension on properly.

gpzweb.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.co...KZZXZR550500400.html

More
16 Mar 2016 22:15 #715791 by missionkz
Replied by missionkz on topic what to do ?

loudhvx wrote: If you opened the valve cover, did you release the cam chain tensioner before installing the valve cover? That is very important.

The valve cover pushes on the chain, so the tension must be released before installing. Then the tensioner will put tension on properly.

gpzweb.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.co...KZZXZR550500400.html

UH OH!!

Bruce
1977 KZ1000A1
2016 Triumph T120 Bonneville
Far North East Metro Denver Colorado

More
16 Mar 2016 22:29 #715793 by zirafin
jep no i fucked up '( no i just potted back it and start engine.) so i need today to remove valve cover and near the carburetor (location ) tensioner then to pray .and try again to instal valve cover (screw bolt according to the scheme) and then instal tensioner

ore i need new chain