• Thank you received: 1859
That’s just what dads do... :P
1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28mm VM carbs 16 Dec 2019 14:01 #815486

• Zilla
  • Zilla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 11
I need to do a better carb sync and play with the jetting still. But she just went down the road like she should.:cheer:
1986 KZ1000P
2005 Vmax

28mm VM carbs 16 Dec 2019 16:35 #815497

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

Zilla wrote: I need to do a better carb sync and play with the jetting still. But she just went down the road like she should.:cheer:

Awesome… have you checked and set timing, valve clearance. you should do that before you final sync and jetting

This is what I use
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Jimi Hendrix.

28mm VM carbs 16 Dec 2019 17:03 #815500

• Zilla
  • Sustaining Member

Mikaw wrote:

Zilla wrote: I need to do a better carb sync and play with the jetting still. But she just went down the road like she should.:cheer:

Awesome… have you checked and set timing, valve clearance. you should do that before you final sync and jetting

This is what I use

Oh yea valves been done timing is good I put a dyna electronic ignition on it last year. I have two sets of sync gages one is the needle kind round gage and a motion pro liquid filled but I think the motion pro needs new fluid or o rings cause I don’t think it works right. I did a bench sync and vacuum sync when I first put them on. But those caps were in place so maybe that messed the sync up cause it pops a little now at idle didn’t do that before with the caps on. Or I don’t think it did anyway. U like that sync gage ( user friendly)?
1986 KZ1000P
2005 Vmax

28mm VM carbs 16 Dec 2019 17:50 #815502

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
Yes I like the carbtune pro…

Happy to hear your on the down side of your tuning...

I just picked up a set of 28 pumpers... wont get to rebuild for a while... let us know how they work... I think the pump helps off idle hard acceleration by richening up the air/fuel ratio
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Jimi Hendrix.

28mm VM carbs 16 Dec 2019 18:15 #815504

• Zilla
  • Sustaining Member

Mikaw wrote: Yes I like the carbtune pro…

Happy to hear your on the down side of your tuning...

I just picked up a set of 28 pumpers... wont get to rebuild for a while... let us know how they work... I think the pump helps off idle hard acceleration by richening up the air/fuel ratio

I will definitely keep y’all up to date on everything, yep I got lucky on the pumpers all I did was clean them and replace the spring and diaphram and they work didn’t have to mess with linkage it squirts a small stream right beneath the slides when a pump the throttle
1986 KZ1000P
2005 Vmax

28mm VM carbs 17 Dec 2019 07:48 #815528

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 515
With pods/open carbs you need those Air corrector jets fitted to fill the low end fuel gap and cure the lumpy bottom end.
Make sure you use quality free flowing pods K&N etc as the cheaper Emgo type etc are actually restrictive and will drown the motor with an over rich mix.[/quote]

Thanks for this info Zed! I'm buying a set of your machined air corrector jets for my stock 26's with pods.
Marty in the USA
Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

28mm VM carbs 17 Dec 2019 07:53 #815529

• Zilla
  • Sustaining Member

z1kzonly wrote: With pods/open carbs you need those Air corrector jets fitted to fill the low end fuel gap and cure the lumpy bottom end.
Make sure you use quality free flowing pods K&N etc as the cheaper Emgo type etc are actually restrictive and will drown the motor with an over rich mix.

Thanks for this info Zed! I'm buying a set of your machined air corrector jets for my stock 26's with pods.
Marty in the USA[/quote]

Zed is the one selling the correctors?
1986 KZ1000P
2005 Vmax

28mm VM carbs 17 Dec 2019 13:55 #815543

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 515
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationYes. This is the ebay website from ebay ad.
I had a little IM type with Zed. After that, I purchased a set.
A set of 4.
I love his resto-work and knowledge.

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

Last edit: by z1kzonly.

28mm VM carbs 17 Dec 2019 13:57 #815545

• Zilla
  • Sustaining Member

Warning: Undefined variable $itemid in /home/kzride5/public_html/libraries/kunena/bbcode/bbcode.php on line 262

z1kzonly wrote: Yes. This is the ebay website from ebay ad.
I had a little IM type Zed. After that, I purchased a set.

lol ok, I feel like an idiot, I was talking to him bout me ordering them already and didn’t realize he was the one I was ordering from lol
1986 KZ1000P
2005 Vmax

28mm VM carbs 17 Dec 2019 15:11 #815546

• zed1015
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1468
Yes! I make these at home as a hobby in small batches to order for the UK Z1 owners club members and list any surplus online for non members searching for them.
I hope you don't feel there was any deception and thought this was widely known on KZR as there have been quite a few threads and discussions on their function etc.
They do the job they are designed for and I would never recommend them unless they were really needed whether I was the supplier or not.
I only make these In the capacity of an enthusiast to help fellow Z owners at minimal cost in my retirement and any small profit goes back into materials for the next batch to keep the supply going.
Sorry if there was any misunderstanding, it never crossed my mind especially with the Q&A's that you didn't know I was the seller.
AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

Last edit: by zed1015.

28mm VM carbs 17 Dec 2019 15:18 #815547

• Zilla
  • Sustaining Member

zed1015 wrote: Yes! I make these at home as a hobby in small batches to order for the UK Z1 owners club members and list any surplus online for non members searching for them.
I hope you don't feel there was any deception and thought this was widely know on KZR as there have been quite a few threads and discussions on their function etc.
They do the job they are designed for and I would never recommend them unless they were really needed whether I was the supplier or not.
I only make these In the capacity of an enthusiast to help fellow Z owners at minimal cost in my retirement and any small profit goes back into materials for the next batch to keep the supply going.
Sorry if there was any misunderstanding, it never crossed my mind especially with the Q&A's that you didn't know I was the seller.

Absolutely no problem zed, I just thought I looked like a fool for not knowing who I was talking too lol. But no deception no problems. I’m new to this forum and didn’t realize yet who were suppliers. But it ain’t no problem I can’t wait to get them and see the difference in the bike.
1986 KZ1000P
2005 Vmax