turbo time....

• lushbaugh
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • everybodys a pro......
More
31 Dec 2012 14:59 #565284 by lushbaugh
Replied by lushbaugh on topic turbo time....

les holt wrote: 2nd and 3rd on short wheel base making 20# boost, got to be a rush!
Thanks for the info, working on mine again and can't decide I'm going use a pressure sensitive regulator.

Les

i would les, its fairly cheap insurance. especially since youll push yours harder than he does.

79 kz1000 ltd all apart
the best advice i can give is dont take dnthavakawmans advice..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2012 15:58 #565291 by les holt
Replied by les holt on topic turbo time....
I'd planned on it if I did decide to turn the boost up. Which I know I will but he's getting upwards 30# on ocassion without one so I'm thinking of not running one to start with. I'm running the Mr Turbo pump along with their HR42 carb.

Les

• lushbaugh
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • everybodys a pro......
More
31 Dec 2012 16:00 #565293 by lushbaugh
i got that carb, mr turbo has a bowl extension also. check it out

79 kz1000 ltd all apart

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
31 Dec 2012 16:16 #565297 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic turbo time....

les holt wrote: I'd planned on it if I did decide to turn the boost up. Which I know I will but he's getting upwards 30# on ocassion without one so I'm thinking of not running one to start with. I'm running the Mr Turbo pump along with their HR42 carb.

Les

You should be more than fine . That carb works great . My wish list includes the bowl extention and the Dyno 2000 for the retard features

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

• Street Fighter LTD
More
31 Dec 2012 16:23 #565300 by Street Fighter LTD
Im sure someone will call me crazy or a liar but let me share this with you .
You can run the turbo and boost it WITHOUT a fuel pump at all. :woohoo:
It works just fine. It may go lean if pushed to hard but I ran without one for awhile when I had a pump and regulator failure and couldnt tell the difference on the street. The pump is something you should run for peace of mind and fuel starvation insurance, but it will work good without it. Try it before you call me out on this... B) B) B)

Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

• lushbaugh
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • everybodys a pro......
More
31 Dec 2012 16:26 #565301 by lushbaugh

Street Fighter LTD wrote: Im sure someone will call me crazy or a liar but let me share this with you .
It works just fine. It may go lean if pushed to hard but I ran without one for awhile when I had a pump and regulator failure and couldnt tell the difference on the street. The pump is something you should run for peace of mind and fuel starvation insurance, but it will work good without it. Try it before you call me out on this... B) B) B)

i believe you, the pump is just to fill the bowl before it completely emptys

79 kz1000 ltd all apart
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD

More
31 Dec 2012 16:51 #565302 by les holt
Replied by les holt on topic turbo time....
I actually spoke to Terry about no pump when I started this a couple years ago, He highly recommended it but said it is possible. I know Paul Gast run a combo that was claimed to run no pump to make it into a class, don't recall the actual details but it was on dragbike.com somewhere. I'm bumping compression up to 9 to 1 and running GPZ1100 cams plus turbo purpose ported head. I'm allready running the dyna 2000 and love it so far but haven't use the retard part of it yet.

Les

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
31 Dec 2012 19:35 #565319 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic turbo time....

Street Fighter LTD wrote: Im sure someone will call me crazy or a liar but let me share this with you .

As long as you've got a really good pingle petcock to feed it! :woohoo:

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

• lushbaugh
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • everybodys a pro......
More
31 Dec 2012 20:16 #565328 by lushbaugh
yea like a guzzler model and the biggest needle and seat you can find and only hold it open for a quarter mile lol. on the street your wringing it out longer than 10 or less seconds...

79 kz1000 ltd all apart

• wireman
  • User
More
31 Dec 2012 20:37 - 31 Dec 2012 20:39 #565333 by wireman
I took the old 1327 out on the back highway coming out of Louisville when I had the turbo on it just to see what it would do from a rolling start ,all I can say is that's the fastest anybody ever went from church road south of Louisville to the murray Nebraska turn off which is probably 20 miles! :sick: :blink: :unsure: :pinch: :S :blush: :huh: :dry: :woohoo:
That was just quick 2-3 sec spurts between the curves in the highway ,which I did my best to straighten out while watching for stray cattle and deer.
Id say the brakes were as hot as Ive ever seen them get after that little sprint,I don't think id want to try 10 sec with the throttle wide open on a short wheel base turbo bike without a bar on the back of it! B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.
Last edit: 31 Dec 2012 20:39 by wireman.

• Street Fighter LTD
More
31 Dec 2012 21:11 #565338 by Street Fighter LTD
Like Lorcan said
1 elephant , 2 elephant , 3 elephant ( By now Im at 100 MPH and climbing fast like Hans Solo in Star Wars ) 4 elephant ( Third gear and heading toward 140 MPH ) 4 elephant TIME TO THINK ABOUT STAYING ALIVE . SO You really want to hold that throttle wide open till 10 elephant ?? Good Luck with that LMAO !!!!!
Im with Wireman,
I do quick blast from point to point than setup for a curve or hill, than do it again. Michigan is not wide open with no curves like parts of the west. 2 or 3 seconds or even 4 seconds and Im thinking of overdriving what is safe to control. Older I get the survival instincts kick in sooner.

The following user(s) said Thank You: wireman

• wireman
  • User
More
31 Dec 2012 21:33 #565341 by wireman
to hell with counting elephants my mind was to focused thinking about cows/deer/cass county sherrifs deputies hiding around corners! :woohoo:
That of course was between thinking to myself wtf an I doing,and how far out in the nearest cornfield am I going to fly before I hit the ground after I blow through one of the curves in the road? :sick: :woohoo:
Its really a good thing I sold that bike of course now the improved replacement is sitting in pieces on my bench while I modify a whole lot of stuff and keep reengineering things in my head as I go,I might actually make this one capable of handling the back highways a little better with less emphasis on unusable brute hp! :woohoo: