Clutch issue/Checking Timing

More
21 Dec 2010 15:38 #418115 by BIGKEVIN
Replied by BIGKEVIN on topic Clutch issue/Checking Timing
Went back out and did the clutch adjustment that Old Man Rock suggested, but still did not fix my problem. I took the clutch pack back out and looked everything over and they looked good. Put them back in and did the clutch adjustment again and it is working good now. The only problem that I seem to have now is that when the bike is running and in gear, it pulls for and is hard to get into neutral. I think a little more adjusting will correct this.
Thanks to ALL for the help thus far.

1976 KZ900
2006 ZX6R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Dec 2010 23:58 #418170 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Clutch issue/Checking Timing
It's possible that the threaded area of the clutch actuator mechanism is sticking from lack of lube or old impacted grease, and thereby failing to provide its full designed range of movement. See image below.
And such sticking might also disallow proper clutch rod adjustment.

If not already done, would disassemble the clutch actuator mechanism, and clean and re-grease the threads on parts 4 and 6.

When reassembling, assure that the clutch actuator mechanism is easily moving through its full range of motion when the handlebar clutch lever is being squeezed and released.
And assure that the clutch actuator mechanism is correctly assembled and correctly attached in its position onto the sprocket cover.

Good Fortune! :)

[Click on image to enlarge view.]

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.