KZ1K'S ENGINE PROJECT

• porchev914
  • User
  • Whats that? Half of my swingarm is missing?!?!?
More
02 Oct 2010 11:21 #403408 by porchev914
Replied by porchev914 on topic PSP AND KZ1K'S ENGINE PROJECT
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationIt might be worth asking this seller what he did to rebuild this head. The price seems a little too low for a fully rebuilt unit, but who knows....

FRANKEN Z!
1978 KZ1000 A2A with 08'Speed Triple SSSA and '06 GSXR1000 front end

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• porchev914
  • User
  • Whats that? Half of my swingarm is missing?!?!?
More
02 Oct 2010 11:23 #403409 by porchev914
Replied by porchev914 on topic PSP AND KZ1K'S ENGINE PROJECT
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationDon't you need a headlight too Joe?

FRANKEN Z!
1978 KZ1000 A2A with 08'Speed Triple SSSA and '06 GSXR1000 front end

More
02 Oct 2010 16:32 #403480 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic PSP AND KZ1K'S ENGINE PROJECT
DoubleDub wrote:

kz1k wrote:

DoubleDub wrote:

So, I'm confused. What was the question again?

we are just rambling about the "iron board" seats....i had a question that no one cared to answer. i am curious as to what kinda cash a redone stock kz1000 brings in compared to a aftermarket,(mono shock, diff forks, diff swing arm, diff seat, and bars, tires)kz1000?

Aftermarket Kz's don't sell well. If you want to get money out of it, keep it as stock as possible. Then you'll only lose half.

good advice....the only one's that get the cash are z1-r's......the mk2's get a little more also.....a 78, no matter the model, wont bring big cash unless its a low mileage unmolested original...even then you are looking at 4-5 k if you find the right guy......i got just below my asking price of 3k for mine and i had probably 5k in it.....the only thing i didnt do was paint..it was passable.......this figure doesnt include labor.....figure that in and i took it in the can!!!

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
02 Oct 2010 17:45 #403509 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic PSP AND KZ1K'S ENGINE PROJECT
i have to be careful too...since i quit doing it...i still get urges to get it in the can......but not me...not now...i'll be on my knees again if i ever get it in the can.....

(youtube)

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
02 Oct 2010 18:38 #403547 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic PSP AND KZ1K'S ENGINE PROJECT
Uh oh :ohmy:

Time to call Suze www.suzeorman.com/

Just make sure you let us know when you plan on calling because I want hear that discussion on live TV :woohoo:
Attachments:

More
02 Oct 2010 18:41 #403549 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic PSP AND KZ1K'S ENGINE PROJECT
:woohoo:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Attachments:

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
02 Oct 2010 18:42 #403550 by kz1k
Replied by kz1k on topic PSP AND KZ1K'S ENGINE PROJECT
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationporchev914 wrote:

Don't you need a headlight too Joe?

yeah i gatta way to go b4 then....but ill check out that head.

1978 KZ1000A2

"JUST IN! A MAN WHO HOLDS THE WORLD RECORD FOR USING THE MOST DRUGS DIES TODAY. HE WAS WAS ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS HE THOUGHT HE SAW"

WHY FART AND WASTE IT, WHEN YOU CAN BURP AND TASTE IT?

More
02 Oct 2010 18:59 #403557 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic PSP AND KZ1K'S ENGINE PROJECT
trianglelaguna wrote:

i have to be careful too...since i quit doing it...i still get urges to get it in the can......but not me...not now...i'll be on my knees again if i ever get it in the can.....

(youtube)

who the hell are you kidding?......you are an old pro as far as being on your knees and getting it in the can......:woohoo: speaking of blowing stuff, the taurus still hanging in there?

• trianglelaguna
  • User
More
02 Oct 2010 19:17 #403574 by trianglelaguna
due for it's 3500 mile oil change i waited a few extra miles and will do it 4000...need to get the tranny full flushed /serviced ? but am scared that the shop will do it and screw somthing up and it will be worse than just leaving it..it's full and does not look burned or brown..nice clean red......rumor has it the trans are fickle....

uses no oil...uses no coolant..runs cool now...shifter button popped off....use the sticks button

70 for a replacement handle/button....works till i hit a yard though...works great..

the thing is spotless--trouble free....and if i punch it it will stand up on the shocks and friggin smooth ass get booking......i am digging it...use it as my guard car at my night job and fits right in .they even let me just hang out in it most the shift ...makes for them a free plain clothes looking cop car really.......

thanks for the help on it also....best free car i ever had next to my datsun 310gx...free too....still only has 39000 miles....

and as far as getting it in the can...jimbo has gotten it in the can sooooo much they had to switch to bottles

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
02 Oct 2010 19:22 #403578 by kz1k
Replied by kz1k on topic PSP AND KZ1K'S ENGINE PROJECT
in the can......lol

1978 KZ1000A2

"JUST IN! A MAN WHO HOLDS THE WORLD RECORD FOR USING THE MOST DRUGS DIES TODAY. HE WAS WAS ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS HE THOUGHT HE SAW"

WHY FART AND WASTE IT, WHEN YOU CAN BURP AND TASTE IT?

More
02 Oct 2010 19:22 #403579 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic PSP AND KZ1K'S ENGINE PROJECT
trianglelaguna wrote:

due for it's 3500 mile oil change i waited a few extra miles and will do it 4000...need to get the tranny full flushed /serviced ? but am scared that the shop will do it and screw somthing up and it will be worse than just leaving it..it's full and does not look burned or brown..nice clean red......rumor has it the trans are fickle....

uses no oil...uses no coolant..runs cool now...shifter button popped off....use the sticks button

70 for a replacement handle/button....works till i hit a yard though...works great..

the thing is spotless--trouble free....and if i punch it it will stand up on the shocks and friggin smooth ass get booking......i am digging it...use it as my guard car at my night job and fits right in .they even let me just hang out in it most the shift ...makes for them a free plain clothes looking cop car really.......

thanks for the help on it also....best free car i ever had next to my datsun 310gx...free too....still only has 39000 miles....

and as far as getting it in the can...jimbo has gotten it in the can sooooo much they had to switch to bottles

if you have the trans serviced make sure the drop the pan and actually change the filter,i had one of those places try and pump the fluid out of my trans through a remote filter and pump it back in the other line! :S
if that filter in the pan gets clogged it dont matter how much they clean the fluid it wont pump through the transmission B)
that reminds me,are you done with my damn jug yet? :S :woohoo:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

• trianglelaguna
  • User
More
02 Oct 2010 19:29 #403584 by trianglelaguna
what jug???

yeah i just feel weird standing and watching folks ...i gotta buy some ramps and just do it myself....

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife