What Is Up With Harley Riders????

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
01 May 2009 18:30 #287054 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
Dr Feelgood wrote:

:woohoo: My neighbor has a Ford F150 "Harley-Davidson" edition with all the H-D badges. wears the black H-D t-shirts, boots...
The only bike I ever saw there was his little girl's schwinn...:side:

He complains that when I start my FZR in the moring in the patio next to the fence it wakes up his doggies...

hahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahaahahahahaahahahahaahahahahahaahahahaha......hshhahaahaha

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2009 19:54 #287085 by N0NB
Replied by N0NB on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
Some of them aren't at all happy with the "New" American Thunder TV show . Warning, there is plenty of "rice grinder" this and "Jap crap" that to go around.

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

More
01 May 2009 20:08 #287087 by thompsonmx100
Replied by thompsonmx100 on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
someone could make a killing by selling "biker in a box". You know like a kit with the gloves jacket bandana chaps sleeveless t shirt and some drag pipes maybe an earing and a tattoo

2006 gs 500 streetfighter
1982 gpz750 breathed on wreck
1985 gpz750
Kz 650

More
01 May 2009 20:19 #287090 by arai59
Replied by arai59 on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
Waving is for JO's. Screw em and ride on.

More
01 May 2009 20:40 #287098 by The_Raven
Replied by The_Raven on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
Howyadoin,

I'd been bikeless for a couple of months until I got my KZ1000J the other day, so when my friend got drunk and didn't want to ride his Dyna back from the bar, I jumped at the chance.

I got some real funny looks... I was probably the only guy on a Harley in a 20-mile radius with a yellow Shoei full-face!B)

-Rav

-Mark P.
Salem, MA

Widowmaker, 1982 KZ1000J2 @1100cc
Red Scare, 1994 Honda VF750C Magna
I intend to die from living.

More
01 May 2009 21:19 #287108 by timebomb33
Replied by timebomb33 on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
when i worked at the h-d dealership in calgary i rode a n xs 650 with a 75 horse flat track motor in it it had grey primer and went like it was a flat tracker, what a fun bike. i also had my first kz dragbike at the same time they wanted me to park my xs in the back all the time i flatly refused i left the parking lot on day up on the back wheel in the first three gears and two customers followed me out of the parking lot and down to the gas station they both cornered me and wanted to know how i could do that on my old pile of junk. it told them it weighed 380 lbs and made 15 horsepower more than there big twins did. so the next day i looked at the bikes that were waiting for service and saw these two bikes by the way they both only had around 2000 km's on them the service manager met me at the door and i thought i was in shit for something no it wasn't that he had two workorders for me they were for those bike the guy's asked for me specific they figured if i could get 75 horse out of an old "jap crap" then i should be abe to go nuts with "real motorcycle "there words not mine .

1973 z1 2-1974z1-a,2-1975z1-b dragbikes1015cc+1393cc, 1977kz1000,1978kz1000,1981kz1000j, 1997 zx-11, 2000 z12r,1428turbo nitrous pro-mod and a shit load of parts thats all for now leader sask.,CANADA
I THINK MY POWERBAND BROKE

More
02 May 2009 00:39 - 02 May 2009 01:02 #287127 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
Last fall I looked at a V-Rod Night Special sitting at the local dealer. Now I will admit that it is a nice looking bike, probably one H-D I wouldn't mind owning.
[img size=(01-499)] www.raptorsandrockets.com/images/Harley-...t_Rod_Special024.jpg [/img]
The salesman walked over as I was admiring the bike and I asked some questions (I was not intending to buy). He asked what I rode now, at the time I had my kz-440, my 650 and a yamaha v-max. He remarked that this might be too much bike for me... OK this guy obviously knows nothing. For anyone that has ever ridden a V-max knows the things are terrifingly quick, and very difficult to handle. This slicked out 120hp cruiser was a childs toy next to the beat up yamaha I had. That v-max had 40K on it and the PO had rolled it in a ditch, it was in pretty rough shape. I didn't own it for more than a few months before I decided it was too much work to fix up sold it to a guy that drove off the road a week later and beat it up even more. Still runs though...

I still don't understand why the foot controls are so far forward on the v-rod, could make a good bike out of it by setting up a better riding position. Might even go a round a corner better too... Still that is a good looking bike ain't it?

If I knew what I was doing all the time life wouldn't be any fun.

'80 KZ650 E 700cc, dyna ignition and coils, frame up restoration, daily driver
'81 KZ1300 A3 full restoration, custom big bore pistons, 1400cc 6 cylinder super bike
"77 KZ650 B1 - Barn Find, work in progeress
"74 Yamaha DT 400 Enduro
Last edit: 02 May 2009 01:02 by Tyler.

• tachrev
  • User
  • Rubber Side Goes Down
More
02 May 2009 05:46 #287139 by tachrev
Replied by tachrev on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
That is one harley I have said I wouldn't minded owning either, along with the new (XS?)1200.

It's a mean looking bike, but the price tag is outrageous.

For 17,000 I could buy a brand new sportbike that would run circles around that bike, and have enough money left over to make my KZ run circles around it, and still have money left over to put a tank or gas in them both and probably insure them for a year!

1977 Kawasaki KZ1000 : Street/Strip
Build Thread

More
02 May 2009 09:46 #287182 by Tyler
H-D goves good curb appeal for the dollar, but not good performance. The sad thing is the interest on a loan for that thing would cost more than any bike I have owned is worth... yeah so I probably won't own one. Hell I didn't pay much more for my car. If 20k can buy this...

Why can H-D sell bikes for that kind of scratch? Thats what is really my beef with H-D. Thier prices demand a huge permium for the namesake. Not just a couple of % either. The "you have to pay to play" thing with H-D is really a big turn off for me and the biggest reason I don't own one, new or used. If I do own a one I think I would most likely have to build it.

'81 KZ1300 A3 full restoration, custom big bore pistons, 1400cc 6 cylinder super bike
"74 Yamaha DT 400 Enduro
Attachments:

• WABBMW
  • User
  • Let The Good Times Roll !
More
02 May 2009 19:46 #287304 by WABBMW
Replied by WABBMW on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
I stopped today to look at a Harley owned by a neighbor down the street from me. He told about spending $600. for a fuel pump. Well you couldn't buy just the pump, but also had to buy the fuel pressure regulator, filter, etc., etc. Then he told about a great deal he got on some wheels for only $1,200. The bike is used and he only has about $11,000. tied up in it. Only $11,000. That is a dozen times what my KZ cost.

And then I know from experience that my old KZ can leave him in the dust. Also gets better gas mileage. Plus, the KZ is a motorcycle that people don't see every day.
I also like the riding position much better.

I would love to buy an American made product to keep money here in the states, and boost our economy, but I refuse to place my self at the mercy of all that parts circus again where you need 1 part but have to buy 3 or 4. And then the price. I just can't afford a HD.

I tend to look at machines based on performance and reality, rather than image and prestige. It is sad that they don't make a product that has a little more "sport" and less "cruise" and at a more affordable price without sacrificing quality. Ditto for the Auto industry.

Bill Baker
Houston, Texas
1982 KZ650 CSR
2008 Yamaha FZ1
2006 Yamaha FZ1
1977 Honda Supersport 750 four (sold)
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 (sold)

More
02 May 2009 23:49 #287352 by KawiConvert
Replied by KawiConvert on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
Don't worry, soon you will be able to buy quality American products at any number of our fine local Dodge, Chrysler, Fiat, and Jeep dealers. Browse around and talk to our customer sales rep about possible financing through General Motors. You'll also be able to get your Triumph edition Dodge Ram pickup equipped with a Benz diesel engine. Ah, the future possibilities for buying a genuine American product.

1978 KZ650 D1 ~ Carb jetting: 107.5 & 20 & 4th groove with pods and 4-1 Exhaust

More
03 May 2009 00:26 #287396 by Tyler
Oh you mean "Congressional Motors" right? :S

"74 Yamaha DT 400 Enduro