What Is Up With Harley Riders????

More
03 May 2009 00:52 #287397 by KawiConvert
Replied by KawiConvert on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
Tyler wrote:

Oh you mean "Congressional Motors" right? :S

I was thinking more along the lines of United Unionized Motors. Their motto may be "You were willing to pay money for a Dodge so a Fiats right up your alley." or "UAW continuing to produce crappy cars for another 50 years" or from President Obama "I like Dodge's so much, I bought the company".

Something worrisome about the government running the auto industry. Its another layer of management that doesn't produce anything useful. Well, other than producing another 8 billion in aid for Dodge.

1978 KZ650 D1 ~ Carb jetting: 107.5 & 20 & 4th groove with pods and 4-1 Exhaust

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2009 03:44 #287402 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
im going to continue buying old american junk cars/trucks i priced a new ford 550 4x4 cab/chassis the other day for pulling tractors around.close to $50,000.00 without a damn bed on it ! :unsure: :ohmy: :huh: :dry: :blink: :blush: :S thought my pacemaker would explode :laugh:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
03 May 2009 06:05 #287415 by N0NB
Replied by N0NB on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
WABBMW wrote:

I would love to buy an American made product to keep money here in the states, and boost our economy, but I refuse to place my self at the mercy of all that parts circus again where you need 1 part but have to buy 3 or 4. And then the price. I just can't afford a HD.

To be fair, there are parts on our KZs that don't come separately either. Looking through the various parts pages over the years and dealing with stuff I've found that Ma Kaw did the same thing. There is likely a reason for it, one of those being that if part A of an assembly is shot, then parts B and C, etc. should be replaced at the same time.

My only comment about prices is that, "You have to pay to play." It must work as plenty of people have paid the price of admission.

Plummen, I too plan to continue with older vehicles until I can't justify the expense of keeping them running or the idiots running this asylum don't allow us to register them for on road use any more. I'm convinced that is one of the steps that is coming--mandates that vehicles older than X years old may no longer be registered. Isn't it amazing that those that want to govern by fiat have forced a merger of Chrysler with FIAT?

I read on another forum that FIAT stands for Fix It Again Tony. :side:

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

More
03 May 2009 11:37 #287482 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
Fiat currency = wortheless money

Fiat cars = same thing ;)

If I knew what I was doing all the time life wouldn't be any fun.

'80 KZ650 E 700cc, dyna ignition and coils, frame up restoration, daily driver
'81 KZ1300 A3 full restoration, custom big bore pistons, 1400cc 6 cylinder super bike
"77 KZ650 B1 - Barn Find, work in progeress
"74 Yamaha DT 400 Enduro

• MentalMike
  • User
  • God Bless America!
More
03 May 2009 12:03 #287492 by MentalMike
Replied by MentalMike on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
Russ Jackson wrote:

Locozuna wrote:

If you think it's just the Hurley riders you are sadly mistaken. There are plenty of groups that wear uniforms and dress to impress. I've seen plenty or racing leathers on newbs that can't change a spark plug or couldn't tell you what an apex is. Even the shorts and sandals crowd is a fashion statement. Certain types are driven to certain bikes. Tell me that all Hurley riders are buttwipes and I'll introduce you to a group of vets that have done more community service than most. They are all Hurley riders and as proud of their bikes as I am of ours. Sure there is prejudice enough on all sides to go around and it's not pretty. I wave and smile if I get a wave back. If I don;t get a wave back and I know they saw me I hope they get no nooky for a month or 2 if I had a bad day. I have to admit I didn't know about the jeep thing.

I never meant all. And it is all in good fun. I fall into The Older Guy on an Old KZ Catagorie. You know Grey Hair, reliving his youth on a vintage bike, cracking the throttle on the way past the Harley Shop, and wearing a Helmet because I promised my Wife I would. I am sure the Harley Riders have a chuckle at me as well. I certainly hope they do...Russ

I don't know Russ, I think the smart ones would secretly give you a nod out of respect for still being on the road, doing your own thing, and not caring what anyone else thinks. I know I would.

I swear to God, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity.

1976 Kawasaki KZ900
1978 Kawasaki KZ1000A
1978 Kawasaki KZ650 C
1984 Kawasaki ZN1100 LTD
1985 Kawasaki ZX900A2 GPZ (2)
1985 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
2013 Kawasaki C14 Concours

• MentalMike
  • User
  • God Bless America!
More
03 May 2009 12:37 #287501 by MentalMike
Replied by MentalMike on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
I posted this on another forum about waving. It sure did ruffle a few feathers! :evil:

mrcaclub.ning.com/forum/topics/to-wave-o...1116&page=1#comments

I swear to God, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity.

1976 Kawasaki KZ900
1978 Kawasaki KZ1000A
1978 Kawasaki KZ650 C
1984 Kawasaki ZN1100 LTD
1985 Kawasaki ZX900A2 GPZ (2)
1985 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
2013 Kawasaki C14 Concours