What Is Up With Harley Riders????

More
26 Apr 2009 04:47 #285345 by N0NB
Replied by N0NB on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2009 14:30 #285436 by Ghost
Replied by Ghost on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
Easy now, not everone of us plays dress up and tries to be someone he's not. I've been on all kinds of bikes, I just ride H-D's because I love pan heads and just kept the tradition alive.I can't agree more though, as a biker I shake my head a whole lot to what I see. I started rding a Kaw 50 when I was 6 years old. The last bike I just completed was a month ago and 127 CI. Some of us, and I say some, do build and ride. I usually put on 16,-18,000 in a summer. For wisconsin thats not bad. Another friend of mine puts on 30,000 a summer. this is not a joke. Personally I would rather ride with someone who likes to be out there rather than washing a bug off there bike and trying to act cool.I don't give a rip what kinda bike...well I take that back, that new victory looks like crap, anyway I ride with people I like and trust, if it's on a Rice rocket so what, If I can't keep up it's time to go back on the porch and piss with the pup's...LOL, Have a good one, P.S wave normal not this cool guy crap, like the wana be's
Ghost

• Russ Jackson
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
26 Apr 2009 16:46 #285469 by Russ Jackson
Replied by Russ Jackson on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
Most not all play dress-up today. And most cannot ride properly. 85 degrees today and I put over 200 miles on the bike today. I saw way more Harleys than any other make by far. 10 to 1 atleast. Very difficult to even tell the difference between a model made 10 years ago and now. Nobody in Ohio wears a helmet. I rolled into Jack Ass Flats today and met my buddy for a beer. Nothing worse than a Fat out of Shape Wannabe Biker Bitch with a Necklace Thing around her bare mid-section trying to mount her mans machine after both have had way too many cold ones. Pulling away on a poorly tuned Harley. I watched this scenerio duplicate itself over and over as I ate my lunch. When they know they are going riding on Saturday do they decide to stop showering on Wednesday to get the look? ...Russ

1976 KZ 900 B1 29 smoothbores, Kerker, Lester Mags
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 abs

More
26 Apr 2009 17:01 #285470 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
like ive said manytimes theres nothing wrongwith a harley its like anything else when used properly.the guys whove been around them a while know their limitations its the weekend warriors who cant seemto get it through their heads so i just ignore them,same thing with lots of the idiots on sport bikes.the only dumbass i need to scare the hell out of is myself these days ! :laugh:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Attachments:

More
26 Apr 2009 17:05 #285471 by Buda
Replied by Buda on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
I gru up in a harley family and I have seen what harley owners go thru. They must really love them because my step father was always working on his bike. I hear they have gotten better sence then but I still wont own one. I just cant see paying all that money just for a name and getting technology from the 50s at best. The Vrod engine a least took a step forward into the 80s :P
That said the people who ride them arnt all bad just about %50 are douche bags the rest are like you and me.

Just my thoughts
Tom

1982 KZ 1170 LTD
10.25 to 1 comp
K&N pods
GPZ cams
Vance&Hines pipe with comp baffle
dyna coils and wires
97 Valkyrie Standard

More
26 Apr 2009 17:39 #285483 by Ghost
I posted about wire colors for a kz 750 82-83 /spectre signal canceller Can anyone give correct information on this?

Ghost

More
26 Apr 2009 18:43 #285493 by timebomb33
Replied by timebomb33 on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
there was a thread in the last couple of days that had a bunch of elctronic manuals on there site maybe that could help you. in fact it's from the college i teach at what a small world.

1973 z1 2-1974z1-a,2-1975z1-b dragbikes1015cc+1393cc, 1977kz1000,1978kz1000,1981kz1000j, 1997 zx-11, 2000 z12r,1428turbo nitrous pro-mod and a shit load of parts thats all for now leader sask.,CANADA
I THINK MY POWERBAND BROKE

More
26 Apr 2009 18:47 #285496 by Ghost
THANKS! I'll try to find them.

More
26 Apr 2009 19:25 #285513 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
hey ghost how about a picture of that harley ? B)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

• TeK9iNe
  • User
  • What did you do!?!
More
26 Apr 2009 20:01 #285553 by TeK9iNe
Replied by TeK9iNe on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????

That said the people who ride them arnt all bad just about %50 are douche bags the rest are like you and me.

So true...

B)

Motorcycle Shop Owner/Operator

79 Kawie Z1000 LTD
81 Kawie Z1000 CSR
83 Honda VT750C A
85 Kawie GPZ900 A2
86 Zukie GS1150 EG
93 Yamie XV1100 E
Lucky to have rolled many old bikes through my doors ;)

More
26 Apr 2009 23:02 #285607 by jordan
Replied by jordan on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
I got nothing against Harley's, just against the wanna-bes. I would love to build an old knucklehead myself, but theres no way i could afford one. Ghost, at the bottom of your post you mention waving like normal, not the cool guy crap, explain please. I didn't start noticing it much until i rode to sturgis last summer, but i was very impressed at the fact that all the rider's no matter what they rode, or that we were on a bunch of screaming rice burners waved or gave the head nod. Mostly all the riders we passed waved by holding their left arm out (finally realized after a while that they were waving and not signalling to turn left :P ). Is this the "bad" way to wave?

Ghost wrote:

Easy now, not everone of us plays dress up and tries to be someone he's not. I've been on all kinds of bikes, I just ride H-D's because I love pan heads and just kept the tradition alive.I can't agree more though, as a biker I shake my head a whole lot to what I see. I started rding a Kaw 50 when I was 6 years old. The last bike I just completed was a month ago and 127 CI. Some of us, and I say some, do build and ride. I usually put on 16,-18,000 in a summer. For wisconsin thats not bad. Another friend of mine puts on 30,000 a summer. this is not a joke. Personally I would rather ride with someone who likes to be out there rather than washing a bug off there bike and trying to act cool.I don't give a rip what kinda bike...well I take that back, that new victory looks like crap, anyway I ride with people I like and trust, if it's on a Rice rocket so what, If I can't keep up it's time to go back on the porch and piss with the pup's...LOL, Have a good one, P.S wave normal not this cool guy crap, like the wana be's
Ghost

KZ810 streetfighter kz/gpz/gsxr
1983 gs1100e
1979 KZ 1000 1428 dragbike project
1974 kawasaki H1 500 sold :(
1972 Kawasaki s2 350-parted on ebay :(
1973 Kawasaki s2 350-parted on ebay :(
1982 kz750(sold)
1978 kz650 hardtail(sold)
1975 honda xl250-sold
1971 yamaha R5-sold
1982 yamaha xs400

More
26 Apr 2009 23:42 #285610 by KawiConvert
Replied by KawiConvert on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
Personally I use semaphore flags. That way there isn't any confusion. If they don't wave I work hard to avoid giving them "you know.... the finger".

1978 KZ650 D1 ~ Carb jetting: 107.5 & 20 & 4th groove with pods and 4-1 Exhaust