What Is Up With Harley Riders????

• Russ Jackson
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
24 Apr 2009 08:14 - 24 Apr 2009 09:21 #284745 by Russ Jackson
What Is Up With Harley Riders???? was created by Russ Jackson
So I am at this local Biker Bar the other day. www.jaflats.com/

I pull up on my 1976 KZ900 and I am the only Non-Harley. There might have been a couple Hardley's but I dont think so. They all look the same so its tough to tell. The real Bikers knew what it was but the Wannabe's had no clue. As I looked around I noticed something that really disturbed me. Almost everyone of them looked the same. Head Bandana, Harley leather jacket, some creepy tee shirt showing skulls and such, Foo Man Chu Mustache, and the classic sunglasses. AND SUDDENLY IT DAWNED ON ME THAT THEY ALL LOOKED LIKE PAUL TEUTUL SR FROM ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS!!!
thebandmidlifecrisis.files.wordpress.com...8/12/paul-teutul.jpg

Am I the only one who has noticed this?...Russ

Here is a picture of the Bike Night on Wednesdays. I was there on a Saturday and nothing but Harley's were there.
www.jaflats.com/images/JAF%20006.jpg

1976 KZ 900 B1 29 smoothbores, Kerker, Lester Mags
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 abs
Last edit: 24 Apr 2009 09:21 by Russ Jackson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tachrev
  • User
  • Rubber Side Goes Down
More
24 Apr 2009 08:19 #284748 by tachrev
Replied by tachrev on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
The guy with the crotch rocket must have felt lonely too. :laugh:

1977 Kawasaki KZ1000 : Street/Strip
Build Thread

More
24 Apr 2009 08:26 #284751 by timebomb33
Replied by timebomb33 on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
yes i see the same thing all the time when i was working at one of the hd dealers in calgary it was funny these guys would get a loan for there bike and add extra money on it for all the accsessory's that are needed like the harly jacket, chaps, sunglasses, helmet, boots,fingerless gloves and other dangly bits needed to complete the i'm a hardcore badass look in 5 min'sor less. it was funny as hell and the dealers made as much off of that crap as they did from the bikes or more our shop had it's own motor clothes division that had anywhere from 6 to 8 girls working in it. fulltime in the back we only had 7 journyman motorcycle mechanics working. we wern't a bike shop anymore we were a boutique all of us that were actually bikers hated it big time. on a friday or saturday around that place it was a freakin fashion show. the only good thing about it was the always hired the hottest looking women to work for them. so there was some pretty good eye candy rolling around that place to look at.

1973 z1 2-1974z1-a,2-1975z1-b dragbikes1015cc+1393cc, 1977kz1000,1978kz1000,1981kz1000j, 1997 zx-11, 2000 z12r,1428turbo nitrous pro-mod and a shit load of parts thats all for now leader sask.,CANADA
I THINK MY POWERBAND BROKE

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
24 Apr 2009 08:55 #284763 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
ditto...ditto..ditto....i gotta post a picture soon of one local hog shops front displays...they got those display ramps/platforms out by the main road......what do you think they got perched on em.......buell 1125 austrian motors????....kinda weird/sureal.....in the lot there is always a few fashion riders flexing when i go by.....i always give the throttle a really good clutch and blast.....always gets me a smile,and some even wave........starbucks at 8 am is great too....when some chubby pop and mom pull up on fulldressers and start talking at volume ten about the days coming events......we just sip the last of our coffees and quietly ride off......someones gotta be them....might as well be them........

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
24 Apr 2009 11:57 #284811 by KZ700A1
Replied by KZ700A1 on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
They just had the grand opening of Indian Motorcycles of Pittsburgh up the street from my work, so I decided to stop by on the bike wearing a shirt and tie. You should have seen the looks I got from the hoggers, but 3 or 4 of them asked me about my bike then proceeded to tell me stories of how back in the day everyone wanted a Kaw. Now they ride Harleys.

1984 KZ700A1
1982 GS550L (the L is for lady!)

Life's a garden.....dig it

More
24 Apr 2009 12:18 #284817 by dshelly
Replied by dshelly on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
seems around here, when you see a harley coming down the road . If you wave at them first,they might wave back. but don't expect them to wave first. I have better luck getting waves on my KLR than I do my KZ's. I guess the thing about them is , the scary lookin ones you're supposed to be scared of em. I say ,bite me ,

'77 Kz1000B1
'78 Kz1000A2
'76 Kz900LTD

• Russ Jackson
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
24 Apr 2009 12:34 #284822 by Russ Jackson
Replied by Russ Jackson on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
dshelly wrote:

seems around here, when you see a harley coming down the road . If you wave at them first,they might wave back. but don't expect them to wave first. I have better luck getting waves on my KLR than I do my KZ's. I guess the thing about them is , the scary lookin ones you're supposed to be scared of em. I say ,bite me ,

I have been out of riding until this year for about 12 years. So this waving thing is new to me. Am I going to have to do this all summer? I feel like one of those tools in a Jeep. Also those Harley weekend BadAsses are about the worst riders I have ever seen. Riding in the oil line,tailgaiting, hanging out in blind spots, and I actually watched a Semi Pass one on the right the other day...Russ

More
24 Apr 2009 12:39 #284823 by dshelly
Replied by dshelly on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
That's because most of them are more interested in looking good than being smart.

'77 Kz1000B1
'78 Kz1000A2
'76 Kz900LTD

More
24 Apr 2009 13:04 #284835 by gnfreak
Replied by gnfreak on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
Russ Jackson wrote:

So this waving thing is new to me. Am I going to have to do this all summer? I feel like one of those tools in a Jeep. [/quote]

guess i'm guilty of being a jeep tool cuz i wave at fellow jeepers when im in my rubicon. when on the bike i wave at all kinds of bikes and usually get a wave back 90%. in the jeep its only 75%. just a wavin' fool i guess.

Normal, IL
1980 KZ1000-G1 Classic - Sold

• Russ Jackson
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
24 Apr 2009 13:09 #284838 by Russ Jackson
Replied by Russ Jackson on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
gnfreak wrote:

Russ Jackson wrote:

So this waving thing is new to me. Am I going to have to do this all summer? I feel like one of those tools in a Jeep.

guess i'm guilty of being a jeep tool cuz i wave at fellow jeepers when im in my rubicon. when on the bike i wave at all kinds of bikes and usually get a wave back 90%. in the jeep its only 75%. just a wavin' fool i guess.[/quote]

Surfs Up...Ride The Wave...Russ

More
24 Apr 2009 13:32 #284843 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
If you think it's just the Hurley riders you are sadly mistaken. There are plenty of groups that wear uniforms and dress to impress. I've seen plenty or racing leathers on newbs that can't change a spark plug or couldn't tell you what an apex is. Even the shorts and sandals crowd is a fashion statement. Certain types are driven to certain bikes. Tell me that all Hurley riders are buttwipes and I'll introduce you to a group of vets that have done more community service than most. They are all Hurley riders and as proud of their bikes as I am of ours. Sure there is prejudice enough on all sides to go around and it's not pretty. I wave and smile if I get a wave back. If I don;t get a wave back and I know they saw me I hope they get no nooky for a month or 2 if I had a bad day. I have to admit I didn't know about the jeep thing.

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

• Kawickrice
  • User
  • After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
More
24 Apr 2009 13:46 #284844 by Kawickrice
Replied by Kawickrice on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
Thats why I say

15 GRAND and 15 MILES does NOT make you a BIKER.B)

73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
74 Yamaha RD 350 (My two stroke toy)
77 Kawasaki KZ 650B-1 (My putt around bike)
80 Indian Moped (My American Iron)
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
79 RD 400 Daytona Special
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL