What Is Up With Harley Riders????

• riverroad
  • User
  • 1980 1000LTD B4
More
27 Apr 2009 12:01 #285719 by riverroad
Replied by riverroad on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
PLUMMEN wrote:

N0NB wrote:

PLUMMEN wrote:

nothing wrong with old stuff!

when we were kids a buddy had a really wild looking late 60s ford torino with a worn out 351 and a 4 speed .when we would go to omaha to hang out with the street racers in the underpowered boat i came up with the bright idea of keeping it in 3rd gear when we were cruising really slow to lug the motor so it sounded like it had something serious under the hood,good thing nobody ever called us out on it cuz we would of been smoked by a tuned up vw in that thing! :S :woohoo:

Ha! I had a 65 Fairlane with shackled springs, a single glasspack and a two barrel 289 with a C4 automatic. I discovered I could have a lopey cam idle and a manual shift control valve by simply disconnecting the shift modulator vacuum line.:laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2009 13:39 - 27 Apr 2009 13:40 #285734 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
Russ Jackson wrote:

...hate it when my hair whips my face and my Hawaiian Shirt blows open.
Question: Does anyone know of a brand of Sandles that lines up with the shifter on my KZ so I don't get a blister on my toe? Flip Flops are horrible....

Check out these ultra cool items which go perfectly with Hawaiian shirts! :lol:

And it's okay to brag about the hair. :laugh:

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Apr 2009 13:40 by Patton.

• Russ Jackson
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
28 Apr 2009 06:01 - 28 Apr 2009 06:14 #285943 by Russ Jackson
Replied by Russ Jackson on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
Patton wrote:

Russ Jackson wrote:

...hate it when my hair whips my face and my Hawaiian Shirt blows open.
Question: Does anyone know of a brand of Sandles that lines up with the shifter on my KZ so I don't get a blister on my toe? Flip Flops are horrible....

Check out these ultra cool items which go perfectly with Hawaiian shirts! :lol:

And it's okay to brag about the hair. :laugh:

Thanks for the help...LMAO...Russ

1976 KZ 900 B1 29 smoothbores, Kerker, Lester Mags
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 abs
Last edit: 28 Apr 2009 06:14 by Russ Jackson.

• pstrbrc
  • User
  • '81 GPz 1100 project
More
28 Apr 2009 13:56 #286020 by pstrbrc
Replied by pstrbrc on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
All this talk about waving...
Man, where I live, everybody waves to everybody. I wave to the hispanic kid in the ratty tuner Civic, the little old lady in the Mercedes, the roughneck in the drilling rig truck. And they wave back.
It's funny. When we go on vacation somewhere out in the "real world", it's fun to watch the expression of the people we wave at. Sometimes they act like they were expecting us to flip them off.

"New York City, Mr. Dundee. Home to seven million people."
"That's incredible. Imagine seven million people all wanting to live together. Yeah, New York must be the friendliest place on earth."

:woohoo:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

\'81 GPz 1100 project
Elkhart, Kansas USA
\"Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him.\" Groucho Marx

More
28 Apr 2009 15:11 #286032 by westase1
Replied by westase1 on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
The guy on the tow strap reminds me of my dad in the early 70's trying to get a bultaco started he had just bought. My uncle pulled him up and down the street have the day.

Yea, that was me.

More
28 Apr 2009 15:15 #286033 by westase1
Replied by westase1 on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
I like to park my old Kawi next to the most expensive Harley in the parking lot, so people will bump the 50,000 dollar bike looking at my old Z1R. Ha Ha

Yea, that was me.

More
29 Apr 2009 04:38 #286160 by FloridaBiker
Replied by FloridaBiker on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
Against my better judgement I have spent the last 2 weeks completely rebuilding a '51 panhead (Harley) with a friend.
He has full stable of non Harley bikes, so I see it as a great opportunity to remind myself how much I like (and why) Jap bikes.

Visiting Harley shops and buying parts for this relic has given me a 'real biker' prestige level with these guys.

I guess that is because the accountant biker-Harley rider knows how hard it is to keep their new ones running. Or maybe they just understand how much persistence it took to get the bike into the 21st century.

I do enjoy the sales girls in the HD (Hundred Dollar) boutiques!

More
29 Apr 2009 10:55 #286225 by N0NB
Replied by N0NB on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
Well, let's see the pics!

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

More
29 Apr 2009 13:33 #286252 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
When you walk into my local HD dealer you would think they were a clothing store. When you walk into the Kawasaki/Yamaha dealer you know your at a bike delaership. Someone is riding away on thier new machine every time I walk in there. Of coarse for what HD gets for bikes maybe they only need to sell a few to make money...

If I knew what I was doing all the time life wouldn't be any fun.

'80 KZ650 E 700cc, dyna ignition and coils, frame up restoration, daily driver
'81 KZ1300 A3 full restoration, custom big bore pistons, 1400cc 6 cylinder super bike
"77 KZ650 B1 - Barn Find, work in progeress
"74 Yamaha DT 400 Enduro

More
01 May 2009 17:05 #287028 by Dr Feelgood
Replied by Dr Feelgood on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
:woohoo: My neighbor has a Ford F150 "Harley-Davidson" edition with all the H-D badges. wears the black H-D t-shirts, boots...
The only bike I ever saw there was his little girl's schwinn...:side:

He complains that when I start my FZR in the moring in the patio next to the fence it wakes up his doggies...

Lurkin\' someplace near Azusa, CA.
1977 Kawasaki Kz650C, 93 Yamaha FZR 600.
If it has two wheels or a skirt, theres gonna be trouble...

• Silver
  • User
  • Old Bikes Are Better!
More
01 May 2009 18:02 #287044 by Silver
Replied by Silver on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
I just love eating up new harleys on my KZ. Maybee I didn't spend the 20 grand and wear leather socks, However the feeling of blowing past that new american iron makes It all better.

1983 KZ750F1 LTD

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
01 May 2009 18:27 - 01 May 2009 18:38 #287053 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic What Is Up With Harley Riders????
i was swapping out my motor in my girls pops garrage yesterday, and my girls sisters husband walks in the garrage and says he just left the h.d shop ten minutes ago......30-somthing ,three girls 9 ,5 , and 2.... construction-painter by trade.....
says the salesman called "him" to let him know"they just got a new one in"......
he has seen my obsession with bikes and had a 125 when he was a kid....we have talked at family dinners about his wanting a sportster all blacked out and rockerbilly looking....i have never said ...DONT DO IT!!!....but i may need to soon....
i asked what bike and he said its a ...some stupid name,i forget now...rambler,rocker,....somthing.....
i said 883 ,he said yes,i said,two seater,he said no,i said finnanced,he said yes,he said 130 a month for years,i said oh cool......
he wants to be instant cool...not caring if it is a good motor,good bike,good deal,good brakes,good handling,good weekend rides....ect....ect
he wants to be like the guy in the comercials with the wrap around shades and the wind blowing his hair back while his buddies and there girls go WOW!!!!!
i said"good for you" and went back to changing my motors....
folks want bikes for different reasons and he wants a skateboarders image bike.....i will encourage him to at least ride a few bikes as an adult...he never has...then decide

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Last edit: 01 May 2009 18:38 by trianglelaguna.