'83 KZ1000-R2 going Cafe

More
09 Jan 2014 07:13 #617884 by spdygon
Replied by spdygon on topic '83 KZ1000-R2 going Cafe
This is the only forum I had seen this kind of treatment to a member go on for this long.
Where are the people looking over the web site?

1982 GS1000sz Katana ( #15...17K Miles)
1982 GS1000sz Katana ( # 297....7100k Miles)
1978 Kz1000 Z1R. 10K Miles1
1978 kz1000 z1r 27k miles
1977 KZ 1000 A ( Project ) 54K Miles
1976 Kz900A4 (Red)21K miles
1976 Kz900A4 ( Red)7500 miles
1974 Z1 900 project
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mk2Rookie, hotdogg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
More
09 Jan 2014 08:22 #617900 by Forrest
Replied by Forrest on topic '83 KZ1000-R2 going Cafe
This is actually a rather moderate middle of the road owners board IMHO. You should check out www.zrxoa.org for instance. They have open to the public forums and many only viewable to the registered members. It is a good site with their share of combative threads. Yes, members get their feelings hurt or become defensive even angry with responses that would shock many of you here. AND, yes members get time outs or banned -temporarily and some even permanently. The Mods on this OA have given us a looser reign as of late(it seems to me). This is for the better and sometimes the worse. Most of us are mature enough to know when enough is enough.

This is the internet for crying out loud. Everyone should lighten up. I believe in mutual respect and The Golden Rule. There is the paradox of total freedom: You know, How can we truly have absolute freedom without infringing on the absolute freedom of someone else. We all should be willing to give and receive criticism and yet think how the other person may feel, you know put yourself in the other person's shoes. Stating one's opinion on an open forum should be encouraged. However, once that is done and further comments become disrespectful then it is time to apologize and cease further such comments.

Many on this OA just love the original design, condition & construction of the KZ in question. However, the owner, Tommy owns this object and can do with it as he wishes. I wish him nothing but success and I respect his choice. As others have stated, what is done is done. Accept this and if you cannot show any respect or civil consideration in this thread then you should consider not posting further. This goes both ways. If any of you have too much pride and stubborness to post apologies in the open forum then I suggest sending the party you have offended a Private Message with an Olive Branch of your own choice.

And for anyone considering leaving this OA, I hope you reconsider and remember to look past the few negative occurances and look at how much good is done here.

KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

The following user(s) said Thank You: 531blackbanshee, KZJOE900, tommyboah

• DoctoRot
  • Sustaining Member
  • Oh, the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
More
09 Jan 2014 08:41 #617906 by DoctoRot
Replied by DoctoRot on topic '83 KZ1000-R2 going Cafe

Forrest wrote: This is actually a rather moderate middle of the road owners board IMHO. You should check out www.zrxoa.org for instance. They have open to the public forums and many only viewable to the registered members. It is a good site with their share of combative threads. Yes, members get their feelings hurt or become defensive even angry with responses that would shock many of you here. AND, yes members get time outs or banned -temporarily and some even permanently. The Mods on this OA have given us a looser reign as of late(it seems to me). This is for the better and sometimes the worse. Most of us are mature enough to know when enough is enough.

This is the internet for crying out loud. Everyone should lighten up. I believe in mutual respect and The Golden Rule. There is the paradox of total freedom: You know, How can we truly have absolute freedom without infringing on the absolute freedom of someone else. We all should be willing to give and receive criticism and yet think how the other person may feel, you know put yourself in the other person's shoes. Stating one's opinion on an open forum should be encouraged. However, once that is done and further comments become disrespectful then it is time to apologize and cease further such comments.

Many on this OA just love the original design, condition & construction of the KZ in question. However, the owner, Tommy owns this object and can do with it as he wishes. I wish him nothing but success and I respect his choice. As others have stated, what is done is done. Accept this and if you cannot show any respect or civil consideration in this thread then you should consider not posting further. This goes both ways. If any of you have too much pride and stubborness to post apologies in the open forum then I suggest sending the party you have offended a Private Message with an Olive Branch of your own choice.

And for anyone considering leaving this OA, I hope you reconsider and remember to look past the few negative occurances and look at how much good is done here.

well said.

More
09 Jan 2014 10:18 - 09 Jan 2014 10:19 #617924 by tommyboah
Replied by tommyboah on topic '83 KZ1000-R2 going Cafe
Since the moral discussion about ethics in Internet forums seem to go on for a while, I will create a different thread where I will post the information about my build. I will start all over in this thread and do a more thorough description of my build and intentions. I hope we can let this new thread be related to comments and constructive ideas about the build.

Also, I am sorry if I have offended anybody during the heat of the battle. That was not my intention. All I would like to do is share my experience on this build and get some good ideas on how to improve. Consider this as an official olive branch to you all.

Guitargeek, sorry for some of my words.

.Tommy

.Tommyboy
Last edit: 09 Jan 2014 10:19 by tommyboah.
The following user(s) said Thank You: guitargeek, 531blackbanshee, DoctoRot, KZJOE900, 80B4

More
09 Jan 2014 10:28 #617925 by Tusch
Replied by Tusch on topic '83 KZ1000-R2 going Cafe
Well said to many people here and kudos to you tommy for starting fresh. Hopefully people can leave the complaints at least in this thread and not have it start all over again in your new thread. As I've said I don't agree with your choice of bike to chop up but its done so make it worth it and build something great of out it.

1983 GPZ550