Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Rebuilding a KZ -- don't use Pit Stop Performance 02 Nov 2014 21:22 #652701

• KawC2
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm asking for a refund. This is unecceptable work. I'm trying to get a new to me head and I wont have it done by a back yard mech.
The topic has been locked.

Rebuilding a KZ -- don't use Pit Stop Performance 03 Nov 2014 01:36 #652713

• LarryC
  • User
  • Thank you received: 309

autotech2@tx.rr.com wrote: ramtough_63,

I had an '84 GPZ750 with an '83 frame, after a wreck. Loved the early sport-bike. Whatever happened to anti-dive?

It was a neat gimmick for a few years until the new style forks came to be. I had complete 96 ZX7 suspension on my 79 LTD custom that I built. I now ride a 99 ZRX. The LTD handled better and rode better than my ZRX does. Difference...those forks. They are leaps and bounds better than the old style traditional forks.
Larry C.
Last edit: by LarryC.

Rebuilding a KZ -- don't use Pit Stop Performance 03 Nov 2014 02:04 #652715

• LarryC
  • User
  • Thank you received: 309

KawC2 wrote:

LarryC wrote:

KawC2 wrote:

LarryC wrote:

autotech2@tx.rr.com wrote:

The IMPORTANT thing is that the work was stood behind....just as I thought it would be. So if you're happy now how about having the negative threads removed by the mods...

Happy? Are we reading the same thread?

Well ..I don't know :) What I would say is that if Joe drove to his door and hand delivered a new head with new valves and a freshly baked cake to sweeten the deal..... somebody would bitch about the frosting :woohoo:

That head doesn't need new seats....not by a long, long, long shot... I'm sorry I even mentioned new valves to be perfectly honest.....

Well, I don't know I like frosting on my cake. What I DON'T like, is being taken advantage of by doing the minimal amout of work and destroying a perfectly good head.

It's not like the only reason we talked about the problem is because you said something about it. IT'S BECAUSE IT IS ObVIOUS.

I only meant my comment about the valves being sunk so much. They'll work that way it's just not ideal for best flow.

You need to man up and quit whining..... SHIT HAPPENS... It not the shit happening that defines the man...it's how he handles it... ;)

Joe tried to make it right...you're still not happy. Joe was probably trying to save you money by refacing your old valves and he got bit in the ass for his efforts......That's neither here nor there anymore.

I live by this theory... You can't make chicken soup from chicken shit. Throw way the junk you're pissing around with and put new valves in it. Order yourself 4 new exhaust valves. Your choice to go cheap or buy good...
Lap them in and check the installed heights. You want 1.475" - 1.480" installed with no spring cup.

If you don't have the means to check that, then you can just use your cam and a bucket with a 250 shim installed. You don't need keepers, retainer or spring installed to do it.

Stand the head on the intake ports. Drop a bucket in. Put the valve in and push the bucket up all the way. Set your cam in and check lash with a feeler. If you get correct lash with a shim no thinner than 240, call it good. If it takes less than that, the valves will need to be tipped. You can figure out how much with a little basic math. The difference between the thinnest shim you need to get .004" lash and a #250 shim is the amount you tip the valve..

That's the back yard, no tools having method of doing it but it will work.... There you go...it's your circus,, make the animals dance the way that makes you happy... :) I wish you good luck.

(You need to man up and quit whining..... SHIT HAPPENS... It not the shit happening that defines the man...it's how he handles it... ;))

OH Larry some of your sayings crack me up. I think you have it wrong Larry, It's JOE that needs to MAN up and do the right thing and fix the mess he made.

(Joe tried to make it right...you're still not happy. Joe was probably trying to save you money by refacing your old valves and he got bit in the ass for his efforts......That's neither here nor there anymore.)

How do you figure JOE tried to make it right and save me money? You are right about one thing, he got bit all right, and that's because he tried to get away with some shoddy work and got bit in the ass.

But I still like your sayings something about shit happens making chicken shit from soup on a barn and it rolls off bla bla bla yeah yeah.

I realy wish you got what you pay for now-a-days. Looks like your the only one wining bo hoo bo hoo!!!!! I'm doing nothing but stating FACTS with Pictures to back it up.

Are you JOE's spoke person? Well your not representing him very well. Looks like you do some good work why don't you do JOE's warranty work?? HA HA HA HA

IT'S BLUFF CALLING TIME , you ship it, pay for shipping both ways, buy the valves I tell you to buy and I'll fix it for free. Or if you are convinced it's junk, I'll give you $50 for it and pay the shipping... :P

Now...there you go. Put the cards on the table cause this poker game is over... I CALL.. :)
Larry C.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD, KZ Rat, dkoz
Last edit: by LarryC.

Rebuilding a KZ -- don't use Pit Stop Performance 03 Nov 2014 05:37 #652725

• KawC2
  • User

LarryC wrote:

KawC2 wrote:

LarryC wrote:

KawC2 wrote:

LarryC wrote:

autotech2@tx.rr.com wrote:

The IMPORTANT thing is that the work was stood behind....just as I thought it would be. So if you're happy now how about having the negative threads removed by the mods...

Happy? Are we reading the same thread?

Well ..I don't know :) What I would say is that if Joe drove to his door and hand delivered a new head with new valves and a freshly baked cake to sweeten the deal..... somebody would bitch about the frosting :woohoo:

That head doesn't need new seats....not by a long, long, long shot... I'm sorry I even mentioned new valves to be perfectly honest.....

Well, I don't know I like frosting on my cake. What I DON'T like, is being taken advantage of by doing the minimal amout of work and destroying a perfectly good head.

It's not like the only reason we talked about the problem is because you said something about it. IT'S BECAUSE IT IS ObVIOUS.

I only meant my comment about the valves being sunk so much. They'll work that way it's just not ideal for best flow.

You need to man up and quit whining..... SHIT HAPPENS... It not the shit happening that defines the man...it's how he handles it... ;)

Joe tried to make it right...you're still not happy. Joe was probably trying to save you money by refacing your old valves and he got bit in the ass for his efforts......That's neither here nor there anymore.

I live by this theory... You can't make chicken soup from chicken shit. Throw way the junk you're pissing around with and put new valves in it. Order yourself 4 new exhaust valves. Your choice to go cheap or buy good...
Lap them in and check the installed heights. You want 1.475" - 1.480" installed with no spring cup.

If you don't have the means to check that, then you can just use your cam and a bucket with a 250 shim installed. You don't need keepers, retainer or spring installed to do it.

Stand the head on the intake ports. Drop a bucket in. Put the valve in and push the bucket up all the way. Set your cam in and check lash with a feeler. If you get correct lash with a shim no thinner than 240, call it good. If it takes less than that, the valves will need to be tipped. You can figure out how much with a little basic math. The difference between the thinnest shim you need to get .004" lash and a #250 shim is the amount you tip the valve..

That's the back yard, no tools having method of doing it but it will work.... There you go...it's your circus,, make the animals dance the way that makes you happy... :) I wish you good luck.

(You need to man up and quit whining..... SHIT HAPPENS... It not the shit happening that defines the man...it's how he handles it... ;))

OH Larry some of your sayings crack me up. I think you have it wrong Larry, It's JOE that needs to MAN up and do the right thing and fix the mess he made.

(Joe tried to make it right...you're still not happy. Joe was probably trying to save you money by refacing your old valves and he got bit in the ass for his efforts......That's neither here nor there anymore.)

How do you figure JOE tried to make it right and save me money? You are right about one thing, he got bit all right, and that's because he tried to get away with some shoddy work and got bit in the ass.

But I still like your sayings something about shit happens making chicken shit from soup on a barn and it rolls off bla bla bla yeah yeah.

I realy wish you got what you pay for now-a-days. Looks like your the only one wining bo hoo bo hoo!!!!! I'm doing nothing but stating FACTS with Pictures to back it up.

Are you JOE's spoke person? Well your not representing him very well. Looks like you do some good work why don't you do JOE's warranty work?? HA HA HA HA

IT'S BLUFF CALLING TIME , you ship it, pay for shipping both ways, buy the valves I tell you to buy and I'll fix it for free. Or if you are convinced it's junk, I'll give you $50 for it and pay the shipping... :P

Now...there you go. Put the cards on the table cause this poker game is over... I CALL.. :)

So what your saying is the head is worth $50. No, I said warranty work not screw me again and I'm out more money. There's no bluffing to it, fix it under warranty and I have no problem sending it to you. So I raise, put your work where your mouth is, or shut up. I could of purchased a brand new head on Ebay for the price I've payed out so far.

OH Larry....Your sayings are just so good.
Last edit: by KawC2.

Rebuilding a KZ -- don't use Pit Stop Performance 03 Nov 2014 06:25 #652733

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2633
OK that's enough. Did Joe contact you and tell you there was a problem? Did he offer you some used valves or inatall new ones if ypu paid for them? I would NEVER install parts picked up by the customer, no one does. Yeah there is a mark up but that can be waived. Be honest and maybe this can be put to bed.

Rebuilding a KZ -- don't use Pit Stop Performance 03 Nov 2014 06:48 #652737

• KawC2
  • User

swest wrote: . Did Joe contact you and tell you there was a problem? Did he offer you some used valves or inatall new ones if ypu paid for them? I would NEVER install parts picked up by the customer, no one does. Yeah there is a mark up but that can be waived. Be honest and maybe this can be put to bed.

#1-OK that's enough
Yes this is enough......

#2-No.

#3-No

#4-I am being honest. Why would someone set here and put someone down just for the hell of it.I don't know about you but I would never do anything like that. Pictures DONT lie.

All I'm asking is to get what I payed for and not be out any more money. You might have money to throw away, but i don't so yes I've had enough. I would rather be installing a good head on my Kaw. and finish with the build.

And as far as Larry, I'm not mad at you. I have no beef with you and this is not your problem....It's mine. So please refraine from talking crap.

Rebuilding a KZ -- don't use Pit Stop Performance 03 Nov 2014 07:11 #652738

• KawC2
  • User
This is what I was supposed to of recieved at PSP. For $351.00+shipping both ways.

Complete Valve Job

The following is the labor that will be performed on your head:

Disassemble head.
Clean all parts.
Bead blast eight valves.
Bead blast combustion chambers and valve guides.
Heat head and remove valve guides without causing subsequent damage to head.
Install new bronze valve guides.
Ream new valve guides to match valves.
Resurface valves using Kwik Way valve resurfacing machine.
Grind three angle valve seat to maximize valve potential
using Kwik Way valve seat grinder.
Lap valves into newly ground seats.
Trim valve stem length to match amount of change.
Assemble head with new Viton valve seals.
Install camshafts one at a time.
Adjust shim size to set clearance within Kawasaki specifications.
Your head will be returned to you ready to bolt on.
Quantity:

Rebuilding a KZ -- don't use Pit Stop Performance 03 Nov 2014 07:21 #652739

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014

KawC2 wrote:

swest wrote: . Did Joe contact you and tell you there was a problem? Did he offer you some used valves or inatall new ones if ypu paid for them? I would NEVER install parts picked up by the customer, no one does. Yeah there is a mark up but that can be waived. Be honest and maybe this can be put to bed.

#1-OK that's enough
Yes this is enough......

#2-No.

#3-No

#4-I am being honest. Why would someone set here and put someone down just for the hell of it.I don't know about you but I would never do anything like that. Pictures DONT lie.

All I'm asking is to get what I payed for and not be out any more money. You might have money to throw away, but i don't so yes I've had enough. I would rather be installing a good head on my Kaw. and finish with the build.

And as far as Larry, I'm not mad at you. I have no beef with you and this is not your problem....It's mine. So please refraine from talking crap.

What I'd suggest you do is go to a local shop, have it inspected, get an opinion on what must be done to fix it and file a complaint with the BAR AKA Consumers Affairs in his State. You might try telling him about your doing this and give him a chance to make it right at his expence. If not do it.
I don't have money to throw away as evidenced in my doing all the work, buying piece by piece over a period of a year. I'd love to be able to send it to someone and get it back in tit condition. That's not my reality.
Good luck.
Steve

Rebuilding a KZ -- don't use Pit Stop Performance 03 Nov 2014 07:21 #652740

• KawC2
  • User

KawC2 wrote: I'm asking for a refund. This is unecceptable work. I'm trying to get a new to me head and I wont have it done by a back yard mech.

Didn't get any satifaction over the request. There was nothing wrong with the first valve job.

REALLY!!!

Rebuilding a KZ -- don't use Pit Stop Performance 03 Nov 2014 07:26 #652742

• KawC2
  • User

swest wrote:

KawC2 wrote:

#1-OK that's enough
Yes this is enough......

#2-No.

#3-No

What I'd suggest you do is go to a local shop, have it inspected, get an opinion on what must be done to fix it and file a complaint with the BAR AKA Consumers Affairs in his State. You might try telling him about your doing this and give him a chance to make it right at his expence. If not do it.
I don't have money to throw away as evidenced in my doing all the work, buying piece by piece over a period of a year. I'd love to be able to send it to someone and get it back in tit condition. That's not my reality.
Good luck.
Steve

My bike has been on the bench for 3 years, so yes I know about purchasing piece by piece. Now, I'm so close and then this. i saved for the head work because I plan on keeping this bike for a long time.

Rebuilding a KZ -- don't use Pit Stop Performance 03 Nov 2014 07:44 #652743

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
I know how that is. Mine sat under a tree for 15 years. In the dester it's not so bad. I started in Nov. 11, polished, painted and did things I could do with little or no money. In12 I had it running but needed internals, still no money. 06/13 I finally had enough to buy what I needed from Z1. Piston shot, another $500 for pistons, they don't make cast anymore. Valve train still needed redoing but had to wait. Runs great but fouling plugs and springs tired. Now I'm ready.
You know, it's a crime to use the mail to defraud. You might check into that as well. And yes, there are people that sit and bash others work just for the hell of it. I have a special place in my heart just for them. So does the law.
Steve

Rebuilding a KZ -- don't use Pit Stop Performance 03 Nov 2014 07:53 #652745

• floivanus
  • User
  • Thank you received: 116
When I worked as a car mechanic shit happened, but when it did it was on my head and I made certain that everything went out the door as close to perfect as possible. There were times I re did work because it was thought to be wrong, there were also times that the machine shop I used would mess things up as well, they would buy a new head, crank or block and redo that one, and we would waive the storage fees that the customer would have to normally cover.
It's really simple, if that is your head and it did infact go to PSP, and get returned to you twice in varying shapes of not right they should cover you. Bigger valves may fix it, your valves may be undersized; no clue I dont have the head in front of me.
my bikes; 80kz1000(project), 77 gl1000, 74 h2 (project)
Past; 78 kz1000, 83 kz550
Andrew