Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

1980 750H bare bones for mattylight 03 Feb 2014 18:35 #621026

• loudhvx
  • loudhvx's Avatar Topic Author
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615

Schmeck wrote: If there is a way You can incorporate an 8 pin Terminal block instead of the oem fuse box that would be awesome!

Sorry Schmeck, I've been really busy and this post fell by the wayside. As it is, these are schematics, so I really wouldn't be able to incorporate a terminal block since I don't specify where you will connect wires. That is up to the person doing the wiring. These drawings are just to show the functionality of the electrical system, not necessarily the layout of the wiring. To show that for each individual custom bike would be an enormous task to do remotely.

Also, I generally recommend the single-fuse, waterproof holders for the fuses. Usually a bare bones will use one, or maybe two of them. Obviously, you can't replace fuses with a terminal block, they are two different things, with different purposes.

I'd be happy to draw up a bare bones schematic if you still need it, however, it looks like you have it mostly figured out, based on the other thread you posted.

If any questions come up, especially for the batteryless setup, post the questions in that thred, and I'll try to answer there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gabe42

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1980 750H bare bones for mattylight 03 Feb 2014 19:57 #621034

• Schmeck
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey loudhvx , yes I did figure out the wiring . its actually really easy when you just wire one part to another .If I need help wiring switches I will definently chime in here , Thanks :)
1979 kz750 twin -Soon to be roadworthy
1988 El250 engine in custom hard tail frame - collecting dust

1980 750H bare bones for mattylight 03 Feb 2014 19:59 #621035

• Schmeck
  • User
Ill post any questions in my thread , just read that last sentence .
1979 kz750 twin -Soon to be roadworthy
1988 El250 engine in custom hard tail frame - collecting dust

1980 750H bare bones for mattylight 05 Feb 2014 11:19 #621220

• Gabe42
  • User
THank you so much for your help, its all starting to come together. So Loudhvx, where are the crank pickups? Are they located underneath the small cover towards the front on the right hand side of the bike (if you're sitting on it)?

1980 750H bare bones for mattylight 05 Feb 2014 13:54 #621241

• Gabe42
  • User
And can a bike run off both the IC Ignitor and Dyna S? I found that my bike has a Dyna ignition due to extra wires running to my coils.

1980 750H bare bones for mattylight 05 Feb 2014 19:52 #621272

• Patton
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 2098
"module" aka "pickup"

Igniter isn't used with Dyna-S.

Good Fortune! :)
1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

1980 750H bare bones for mattylight 05 Feb 2014 20:36 #621276

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend

Gabe42 wrote: And can a bike run off both the IC Ignitor and Dyna S? I found that my bike has a Dyna ignition due to extra wires running to my coils.

As Patton said, you normally would never use the IC igniter with a Dyna S, since the Dyna S is meant to replace the igniter and pickups.

However, to answer your question, one probably could use the Dyna S as a pickup system to drive the original IC igniter. It may require an additional couple resistors to work that way, but it could probably be done. The only time you might want to do this is if you have no original pickups, and the Dyna S output driver will no longer block the high induction spike. But this is really only if you're stranded out in the middle of nowhere, and you happen to have all of the right parts with you... highly unlikely.

1980 750H bare bones for mattylight 05 Feb 2014 22:53 #621285

• Lazyman06
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3

loudhvx wrote: As Patton said, you normally would never use the IC igniter with a Dyna S, since the Dyna S is meant to replace the igniter and pickups.

So let me get this straight. My ic igniter Got destroyed in the fire. If I get a dyna s ignition module I won't need a new ic igniter?
1979 KZ1000 MK II frame
1980 KZ1000 C3 police engine

1980 750H bare bones for mattylight 06 Feb 2014 10:33 #621327

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend

Lazyman06 wrote:

loudhvx wrote: As Patton said, you normally would never use the IC igniter with a Dyna S, since the Dyna S is meant to replace the igniter and pickups.

So let me get this straight. My ic igniter Got destroyed in the fire. If I get a dyna s ignition module I won't need a new ic igniter?

Yes.

But it will require 3-ohm coils. The stock coils (from electronic ignitions) should not be used with the Dyna S. If they burned in the fire, then I guess that's not an issue.

Last edit: by loudhvx.

1980 750H bare bones for mattylight 06 Feb 2014 11:24 #621331

• Lazyman06
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Yea they're toast lol. I'm starting from the ground up
1979 KZ1000 MK II frame
1980 KZ1000 C3 police engine

1980 750H bare bones for mattylight 06 Feb 2014 17:10 #621363

• Patton
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 2098
Dyna Green 3 ohm coils are recommended for using with Dyna-S electronic ignition.

www.z1enterprises.com/ItemDetails.aspx?i...9+DC1-1&item=DYDC1-1

Regardless of whatever brand coils, new or used, are being considered, would do an ohm-check to confirm that each coil has at least 3 ohms resistance between its primary terminals, before installing them with the Dyna-S.

Good Fortune! :)
1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

1980 750H bare bones for mattylight 16 Mar 2014 12:38 #625430

• Hollywoodmx
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16

loudhvx wrote: 1977 KZ1000 with fuel pump for Hollywoodmx

Can I add I have few additions to this.?

1. I have a mosfet regulator; its two connectors. One connector is a simple power and ground and the other side is a 3 wire alternator wiring. roadstercycle.com
2. Three warning lights (all 2.2v LED's); for neutral light, signals on and oil pressure light.
3. LED Signal lights front and back, I have the resistors and relays.
4. Highlight low and hi switch and relay (I'm not going to run a hi-beam warning light).
5. Brake light and switches for front and back.
6. 3x gauge lighting for the back lights of the three gauges. (take off ignition power I'm guessing and grounds?)
7. Stock controls for starter, kill, turn signals, headlights.
8. Fuse box.
9. Horn.

Before redoing the diagram I'm looking at this list I'm thinking at this point if its probably easier to remove the things I don't need then wire from scratch, which at this point is to swap in the new regulator/rectifier, add the LED warnings from the stock wires and swap in my LED signal light stuff, ditch the brake light failure switch. If thats the case I would then just need help on ditching the stock rectifier and regulator and wiring in the combo mosfet unit.

Thoughts?
- 82 GPz1100injection
- 77 Kz1075 Supercharged
- 81 Yamaha TR-1
- 81 Yamaha xv920
Calgary