Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

1980 750H bare bones for mattylight 07 Mar 2021 18:53 #844544

• loudhvx
  • loudhvx's Avatar Topic Author
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
Yes, that looks pretty much correct. The reg/rec will only have a single ground wire and a single output wire. You show two lines for each of those, but there will only be one actual wire for ground and one for output. The color fro ground will be either black or black with a yellow or white stripe. The output can be white or red or some stripe variation of white and red. The brown wire is correct as you show it. It is critical for regulation.

The ignition looks correct, but some Dyna S models came with some weird color wires. Sometimes the wires are the wrong color but they will have a little plastic tube around the wire to indicate what color the wire should be. I have a graphic for various Dyna S models if you need it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dthemac

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1980 750H bare bones for mattylight 10 Mar 2021 18:40 #844744

• dthemac
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I appreciate it! I managed to get running just without too much of an issue. I'm currently working on getting the various lights on the bike working while waiting for new clutch and throttle cables.

1980 750H bare bones for mattylight 25 Apr 2021 00:21 #847393

• Whoscreechin928
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
1979 kz1000 e1 st (shaft) bare bones wiring diagram, anyone got one? Any and all help appreciated