Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 18 Aug 2023 09:11 #888452

• zed1015
  • zed1015's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1468

Do you sell air correction jets for Keihin CV34 carbs?  I saw mention of this in a thread here...
Sorry not for the Keihin CV's but for the Mikuni CV's as found on Kaw Z650,750,1000,1100. Suz GS1000, GSX1100 . Yam XS1100 etc.
AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 29 Aug 2023 17:00 #888843

• KennyJ
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Greetings from Winnipeg, Canada. I am currently having hesitation issues with my ride and I am very interesting in purchasing these air corrector jets from you. I have had the carb pack off and on more than a dozen times trying to find the correct combination of pilot and main jet to get the hesitation ( Bog ) problem resolved with no luck. What you say in your topic regarding the extra amount of air entering the engine after installing air pods is 100% true. When accelerating past 1/4 throttle, I can hear the engine sucking in air profoundly. The hesitation seems to happen around 3000RPM in all gears. If your jets can solve this issue for me that would be great. My ride is a 1976 KZ900 Z1. I have had the top end rebuilt with .010 over on the pistons, air pods installed and 4 into 2 Jardine header pipes. I am currently running a # 120 main jet ( 2 sizes over from the factory #115 main jet ) and a 17.5 pilot jet ( 1 over from the factory size of 15 ). My carbs are Mikuni VM26SC and have been rebuilt with all new parts and the needle size is 5DL31 factory sized needle. Clip setting on the needle is in the middle position. Can you please advise on what my cost would be to have a set of 4 of these jets sent to Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Postal code is R2G 2P7. Thanks so much and hope to hear from you soon regarding what your thoughts are on my hesitation issue and if your product can resolve this issue. 

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 29 Aug 2023 23:49 #888847

• zed1015
  • User

Greetings from Winnipeg, Canada. I am currently having hesitation issues with my ride and I am very interesting in purchasing these air corrector jets from you. I have had the carb pack off and on more than a dozen times trying to find the correct combination of pilot and main jet to get the hesitation ( Bog ) problem resolved with no luck. What you say in your topic regarding the extra amount of air entering the engine after installing air pods is 100% true. When accelerating past 1/4 throttle, I can hear the engine sucking in air profoundly. The hesitation seems to happen around 3000RPM in all gears. If your jets can solve this issue for me that would be great. My ride is a 1976 KZ900 Z1. I have had the top end rebuilt with .010 over on the pistons, air pods installed and 4 into 2 Jardine header pipes. I am currently running a # 120 main jet ( 2 sizes over from the factory #115 main jet ) and a 17.5 pilot jet ( 1 over from the factory size of 15 ). My carbs are Mikuni VM26SC and have been rebuilt with all new parts and the needle size is 5DL31 factory sized needle. Clip setting on the needle is in the middle position. Can you please advise on what my cost would be to have a set of 4 of these jets sent to Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Postal code is R2G 2P7. Thanks so much and hope to hear from you soon regarding what your thoughts are on my hesitation issue and if your product can resolve this issue. 

Hi, Kenny.
Your carbs should be VM26SS with 3 bolt tops ..( The VM26SC are Z2 750 fitment only with 2 bolt tops )
The hesitation is caused by a lean spot on the transition between the pilot jet and needle jet so it's not a pilot jet or main jet issue and only the main air jet conversion correctly rectifies the issue regardless of engine tune or exhaust fitted and without adversely affecting the fueling in other areas of the fueling curve.
With the air correctors installed you need to put ALL carb and jet settings back to stock and just increase the main jet one size up from stock.
I hope your carb rebuilt used all original MIKUNI if any brass was replaced and the pods are quality K&N etc.
Unless physically damage the original brass should be retained..
Price for jets delivered worldwide is £41.
Email me at -  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  - to proceed..
AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 30 Aug 2023 14:26 #888872

• KennyJ
  • User
Hi There Zed.....Thanks for the quick response on this....Greatly Appreciated.  Yes, my carbs have the three bolt top caps so I guess there are VM26SS. I went to your Ebay page and ordered a set of your jets. Hoping to get them in a couple of weeks. I am praying that this will resolve my issues with this bad hesitation. So just to be clear on what I have to do is: Put the factory pilot jet ( #17.5 ) back in the carb pack, set the needle clip to mid position and go to a #117.5 main jet and not a #120. Please advise on this at your convenience. Thanks again

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 30 Aug 2023 15:25 #888873

• zed1015
  • User

Hi There Zed.....Thanks for the quick response on this....Greatly Appreciated.  Yes, my carbs have the three bolt top caps so I guess there are VM26SS. I went to your Ebay page and ordered a set of your jets. Hoping to get them in a couple of weeks. I am praying that this will resolve my issues with this bad hesitation. So just to be clear on what I have to do is: Put the factory pilot jet ( #17.5 ) back in the carb pack, set the needle clip to mid position and go to a #117.5 main jet and not a #120. Please advise on this at your convenience. Thanks again
YES! Everything back to stock and main jet one size up from stock.
Also some vm26 carb banks with fuel screw underneath are made up of all left handed bodies.
If this is the case then the all the jets need to be installed in the 4 o'clock position.
Any doubts just post a pic of the carb mouths for verification.

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 31 Aug 2023 15:20 #888892

• KennyJ
  • User
Thanks a ton Zed for the info on this. Still enjoying my ride for now ( even with the hesitation issue ) but taking it easy on the throttle until I get the parts installed. Will keep you and everyone following this thread on how I make out once the parts are installed. Cheers...........  

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 31 Aug 2023 15:51 #888893

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2621
The air jets make a big difference. On my 33's they are changeable but I had to make one more step to fine tune them in. I had to go larger and add one more hole in the emulsion tube to get it gnats ass. 
With the stock carbs I don't think you'll have to go that far. 
Steve

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 04 Nov 2023 17:16 #891287

• Yo-Ken
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
ZED, looking for your Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24. Let me know what info you need.

Thanks
Ken

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 07 Nov 2023 08:30 #891406

• zed1015
  • User

ZED, looking for your Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24. Let me know what info you need.

Thanks
Ken

Have replied via email.
Thanks.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Yo-Ken

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 16 Nov 2023 15:00 #891759

• Yo-Ken
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4

Thanks
Ken

Have replied via email.
Thanks.

I received the Air Corrector Jets a few days ago, installed today. OMG what a difference. No more hesitation, no pops, no misses, no fluttering... just a smooth throttle all the way to red line. Acceleration has improved dramatically, I didn't know the KZ650 could run so good with pods. Well worth the money... THANKS!
The following user(s) said Thank You: zed1015

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 16 Nov 2023 15:37 #891761

• zed1015
  • User

I received the Air Corrector Jets a few days ago, installed today. OMG what a difference. No more hesitation, no pops, no misses, no fluttering... just a smooth throttle all the way to red line. Acceleration has improved dramatically, I didn't know the KZ650 could run so good with pods. Well worth the money... THANKS!
Thanks, Ken.
They can't fail to do what they are designed for and you should get better MPG and top end power too.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nessism, Yo-Ken