Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 20 Feb 2022 04:15 #862608

• Pattenrd
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
I sent a email on my Ebay account about purchasing jets for my kz 1000 stock vm28 carbs pleaselet me know what I need to do my email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  thanks for your help 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 01 Jun 2022 00:33 #867967

• zed1015
  • zed1015's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1441
A little update to this thread because i'm unable to edit and add a pic to the first post..

A reminder to be aware that  some VM26SS carb sets that are equipped with the FUEL mixture screws underneath are made up of all left or right handed carb bodies..

In this instance the jets must be installed in the air passage furthest away from the unmachined air screw boss.

In the case of left hand bodies ALL the jets should be fitted at the 4 o'clock position and on right handed bodies all at 8 o'clock..

See attached pic for example of a left hand body set with the jets installed in the 4 o'clock position..

Thanks.

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

Attachments:

Last edit: by zed1015.

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 01 Jun 2022 15:05 #867998

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1843
Thank you for the update. I’m concerned now. I just installed your corrector jets into a Suzuki set with both air and fuel pilots screws. Please look at included photo. Hopefully I got the right. Thank you.

1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.
Attachments:

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 01 Jun 2022 16:25 #868006

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
  • Thank you received: 1892
Your corrector jets are installed correct.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikaw

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 02 Jun 2022 02:14 #868021

• zed1015
  • User

Thank you for the update. I’m concerned now. I just installed your corrector jets into a Suzuki set with both air and fuel pilots screws. Please look at included photo. Hopefully I got the right. Thank you.

Yes! They are correct.
It's only some sets of KAWASAKI VM26 with a singular fuel screw that are not handed.
It does not occur on any of the Suzuki carbs or Kawasaki VM28's.

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikaw

Last edit: by zed1015.

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 04 Jun 2022 12:42 #868230

• Surt
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5

DOHC wrote: Can you tell us what size these are. It looks like the recommended BS30/97 air jets for the VM29 are "0.9". I don't know if that number is an actual measurement, or just a part number. But I'm interested in which size BS30/97 your parts are most similar to.

The BS30/97 jets perform exactly the same function as these but they will not fit the VM 24 through 28 as they are smaller at 4mm and would just fall into the air bleed passage .
I would say the 0.9" is a code or part number as that equates to a massive 22.86 mm and even 0.09" is 2.286mm which is still too large.
hi mate, doesn't 0.9 mean 0.9mm in metric system, not square miles in the imperial one?
ZN750 Ltd Shaft (non-USA)

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 04 Jun 2022 14:42 #868236

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
Watch this video about the Metic vs. the Imprial system and form your own opinion.

Last edit: by Scirocco.

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 04 Jun 2022 18:06 #868245

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
The truth about the impiral system you don´t know, it´s obsolete.

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 05 Jun 2022 02:47 #868261

• zed1015
  • User

hi mate, doesn't 0.9 mean 0.9mm in metric system, not square miles in the imperial one?
Yes! Mikuni main air jet sizes are measured in fractions of a millimeter.
The smoothbore main air jets are in increments of 0.1mm and come in sizes from undrilled to 2.0mm  to allow very fine adjustment on the day for track type ,altitude, type of fuel etc to try and achieve the ideal fueling and response needed for racing at the time.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Surt

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 05 Jun 2022 09:39 #868277

• Surt
  • User

Yes! Mikuni main air jet sizes are measured in fractions of a millimeter.
The smoothbore main air jets are in increments of 0.1mm and come in sizes from undrilled to 2.0mm  to allow very fine adjustment on the day for track type ,altitude, type of fuel etc to try and achieve the ideal fueling and response needed for racing at the time.

thanks Zed, now question is can't one re-drill the stock air jets with a 0.9mm bit and call it a day? i'd love to buy your kit, but doubt that  you'll be able to ship it to Russia, so i'll have to coup with my own hands

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 05 Jun 2022 10:30 #868278

• zed1015
  • User

thanks Zed, now question is can't one re-drill the stock air jets with a 0.9mm bit and call it a day? 

No!
The stock VM air restrictor which is pressed in and integral with the carb body is 2.6 mm and the corrector jet ( which is not 0.9mm for this application) has to be threaded in to the air passage ahead of it.
The BS30/97 smoothbore jets are m4 thread and are too small for the stock VM's air passage which has to be threaded m5 .
I've had no previous problems shipping worldwide including Russia but with the current situation i'm not sure if postal deliveries have been suspended.

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 05 Jun 2022 12:36 #868289

• Surt
  • User

thanks Zed, now question is can't one re-drill the stock air jets with a 0.9mm bit and call it a day? 

No!
The stock VM air restrictor which is pressed in and integral with the carb body is 2.6 mm and the corrector jet ( which is not 0.9mm for this application) has to be threaded in to the air passage ahead of it.
The BS30/97 smoothbore jets are m4 thread and are too small for the stock VM's air passage which has to be threaded m5 .
I've had no previous problems shipping worldwide including Russia but with the current situation i'm not sure if postal deliveries have been suspended.

yup i meant boring of the stock restrictors rather than tapping m5 thread and installing your corrector jets. probably a big ask to get known the needed orifice i.d.
and yes, deliveries from the uk, straya etc had been stopped even before  february,24. as well as pay pal transactions for Russia