• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
23 Sep 2010 22:36 #401351 by kz1k
Replied by kz1k on topic KZ1K'S MOTOR
Motor Head wrote:

Why don't you contact him, ask him about it. Otherwise look elsewhere and Gamble. At least hes a member and not just someone flogging off stuff on Ebay. He might be able to sell you on it, and maybe not. Looks like it would be a good deal.

If you had the Tools you could do a lot of the work on your motor, but he tools you need will be more than this motors price.

i did contact him, and was told that another kzr member might buy it for asking price.

1978 KZ1000A2

"JUST IN! A MAN WHO HOLDS THE WORLD RECORD FOR USING THE MOST DRUGS DIES TODAY. HE WAS WAS ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS HE THOUGHT HE SAW"

WHY FART AND WASTE IT, WHEN YOU CAN BURP AND TASTE IT?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• porchev914
  • User
  • Whats that? Half of my swingarm is missing?!?!?
More
24 Sep 2010 00:47 #401358 by porchev914
Replied by porchev914 on topic KZ1K'S MOTOR
Just chill a bit and leave it alone for a week or month, or whatever. I know money is tight, really I know how it is. If you can manage to scrape together $500 over the next 6 months and keep your eyes peeled on craigslist, a running bike will show up sooner or later for around $500. It happens more often than you'd think ;) Don't give up just yet bud B)

FRANKEN Z!
1978 KZ1000 A2A with 08'Speed Triple SSSA and '06 GSXR1000 front end

• 9am53
  • User
  • homebrew, and some bbq
More
24 Sep 2010 04:14 #401363 by 9am53
Replied by 9am53 on topic KZ1K'S MOTOR
Don't give up man...you got your feet wet now, stay in the pool! Just be patient, wait it out and you will surely find a running or almost running bike with no title soon for little money. I got my GPz for $250. You will feel so proud when you get it going!

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
24 Sep 2010 05:21 #401366 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic KZ1K'S MOTOR
There's clearly no lack of support from the guys here. Just chill for a bit and see which way the wind blows ;)

More
24 Sep 2010 05:40 #401369 by Kidkawie
Replied by Kidkawie on topic KZ1K'S MOTOR
kz1k wrote:

to be honest.....i know i got the bike for free, but now......like the craiglist guy said.......i almost wanna part the bike out.

i dont want to, but i dont know if i can pull off an entire motor rebuild. doing the top end was reasonable....but cracking the case....not for me.....Joe

Haha...dod I call that or what?

Another bike raped and kicked to the curb.

1975 Z1 900
1994 KX250 Supermoto
2004 KX125

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
24 Sep 2010 06:23 #401374 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic KZ1K'S MOTOR
Well all the Guy's here will be sorry to see you give up, but it is your decision.
But if you do like suggested and hold off until you find a parts bike, most likely no title, it could get you going.
This link is for a search engine that will search Craigslist and Ebay at the same time,
www.searchtempest.com/
It works great. Put in your distance from your zip code your willing to travel, and it will come back with every city that has a Craigslist in that area, plus the matches from Ebay.
Good luck to you man, and at least that "Cherry" is history! :)

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
24 Sep 2010 07:20 #401385 by kz1k
hang overs suck.....lol

i havnt decided on what to do yet.

1978 KZ1000A2

"JUST IN! A MAN WHO HOLDS THE WORLD RECORD FOR USING THE MOST DRUGS DIES TODAY. HE WAS WAS ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS HE THOUGHT HE SAW"

More
24 Sep 2010 07:46 #401388 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic KZ1K'S MOTOR
kz1k wrote:

who says its a running motor....the seller.....christ...i could put my motor back together in 20 minutes and post it on ebay as "runs". cmon!!!!

ive seen that motor up close and personal,it was for his 1385 project but it got sidelined.
if you dont want it i dont know what the hell else to tell ya

Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Attachments:

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
24 Sep 2010 08:05 #401391 by kz1k
its allready sold. those who snooze lose.

1978 KZ1000A2

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
24 Sep 2010 08:28 #401397 by kz1k
i talked to a cycle salvage and he said he does not have a complete motor...but he has crank, cylinders, head, and case. ill stop by there tomm with my head and top end so he can look at them and maybe he has some parts for me.

1978 KZ1000A2

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
24 Sep 2010 09:23 #401406 by kz1k
i called a few salvage yards and got a call back from a guy about 2 hours away. he has a 74 900 motor that has been sitting for a while for 300 bucks.

he recommended i bring my bike and motor to him and let him fix it up. i told him that i have a budget, and he said he is not about digging into peoples pockets and said he gives more stuff away than he charges. he said he enjoys working on these bikes...he has 1, his daughter, and has 3 in the back that are used for parts.

he seems pretty legit. he has some youtube videos out thesr im ganna check out now...

1978 KZ1000A2

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
24 Sep 2010 09:28 #401407 by kz1k

1978 KZ1000A2