Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 28 Aug 2013 13:32 #603515

• kaw-a-holic
  • User
  • Thank you received: 248
Trianglelaguna sorry to see that you have lost patience with the relay I can totally understand. It is the "North American Relay" so Canada should have equal opportunity. There will be plenty of time for you to ride with the flag before the Rally next year at Four Corners. Hang in there dude. Would love to have as many owners of KZ's sign the flag as possible. As its been mentioned before, we don't even have a place to display it. Sorry it's taking so long to get to you. Your in Cali right?
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 28 Aug 2013 13:54 #603520

• upncummr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
If the opportunity arises for future relay rides maybe it'd be wise to have four (or five) regional flags. Those regional flags could start at various corners of the country and then be joined together at a four corners meeting.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 28 Aug 2013 14:29 #603531

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
  • Thank you received: 178
Hey Jon & Gary, Love the positive waves and good ideas men.

And, way to go not allowing a negative member who must be off his meds or just plain having a bad day get to you. If The Relay Flag is a rag to that person then they can ignore all of this and get on with their lives without concerning themselves further.

Someone is missing the point to this whole Relay. It certainly is not about suiting anyone in particular or meeting a deadline. I have had the pleasure of meeting both of you on the two ends of my Relay Ride. Thank you for your contributions. Hope to see you both again!
KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Motor Head

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 28 Aug 2013 14:38 #603532

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
  • Thank you received: 52

Forrest wrote: Hey Northwesters! Love the way you are communicating with each other. B) I am liking the relaxed nature and fellowship. I am all for The Relay Flag staying up in the Northwest as long as it takes, even for the winter. ..... We really do have the time as long as the seasons and weather cooperate. Here is why. There is obviously better weather and larger number of riders further down the West Coast. The Flag will move easily then. We have next spring and summer to run The Relay Flag down the Coast and into the Southwest.

It would be great to have The Relay Flag at the Rally next August. We have almost a full year before that happens. Relay Riders and ALL KZ Riders are welcome to attend this rally. I suggest taking your time and get as many of you involved carrying The Flag as possible and as much territory covered as you are all comfortable with. Wish you all the best and enjoy the experience of getting out on your bikes! :woohoo:

Hope to see you all at the Rally next year! :)
--> www.kzrider.com/forum/13-bike-related/59...can-relay-rally-2014

I'll see to it the flag is at the rally next August.

I differ with Forrest on the "schedule."

Please, western riders, DO NOT keep the flag up north all winter!!! The California riders have waited long enough. It would be a shame to let it languish another winter where it can't move till the snow melts. If it gets down to CA this summer. It can move and everyone can participate on the west coast. In case you haven't looked at a calender of late, IT'S ONLY LATE AUGUST!! There is at least 2-3 months left of the riding season in the southwest. Keep it going.
'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 28 Aug 2013 14:42 #603534

• kaw-a-holic
  • User
  • Thank you received: 248
Agreed, we have been moving through the Northwest quite rapidly. I think it will make it to California without any issues.
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 28 Aug 2013 14:50 #603538

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
  • Thank you received: 52

kaw-a-holic wrote: Agreed, we have been moving through the Northwest quite rapidly. I think it will make it to California without any issues.

Thanks for the positive input and your efforts in the Relay. Any progress on the damage to your ride?
'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 28 Aug 2013 15:16 #603548

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
I sincerely would like to see The Flag move and circulate this winter. "Languish"? kind of a downer word wouldn't you say? :P This is The North American Relay Ride is it not? Ideally it would be good to have The Relay Flag move around more in Canada if not also Alaska. My point about taking time is to simply promote participation by as many KZ Riders as possible. I do not want anyone rushing around and potentially putting themselves in harms way. Jon already experienced first hand one of the hazards of simply riding a motorcycle. The weather for most of California and the Southwest can be ridden in nearly year round. So, hypothetically The Flag gets down the West Coast and into the Soutwest this year. It will "languish" somewhere prior to the Rally. :whistle: I am good either way. But, let's not push to the point that someone participating in the relay doesn't get their bike in good running order or is in too much of a hurry due to being prodded by others. Therefore potentially putting themselves in harms way. AND of equal importance, it is supposed to be enjoyable for those involved.
Peace Out...

BTW, I do not wear a boss hat just a medium sized helmet. :silly:

Last edit: by Forrest.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 28 Aug 2013 15:51 #603553

• upncummr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
Forrest:

The idea of using four flags for a future relay had a couple of elements that I liked:

1. With four flags in progress it gives a greater number of riders a chance to participate during a given time frame. For example, each flag could spend six months in its respective region before heading for a four corners rally. This could shorten the overall life cycle of the rally and the rally might benefit from the initial momentum and not "stall" during a given time period.

2. Four regional flags might add a sense of friendly competition for several categories such as (a) most relay riders in a region, (2) most miles traveled within a region, (3) quickest completion, etc.

3. Establish the four corners meet as a deadline for each of the regions and bring the four flags together during the event. They could be sewn together by a local seamstress and framed during the event. There could be a drawing for the framed flags during the Saturday evening dinner. Anyone not interested in the flag wouldn't have to enter. Or the framed flags could be donated to the National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa, IA as part of their Kawasaki exhibit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forrest

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 28 Aug 2013 17:13 #603575

• Gary - K7GLD
  • User
  • 1983 1100LTD
  • Thank you received: 17
AS promised, here's article from local John Day Oregon newspaper covering the eastern Oregon flag passage and handoff:

John Day area - Eastern Oregon
Restored 1983 Kawasaki 1100LTD
The following user(s) said Thank You: trianglelaguna, KZJOE900

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 28 Aug 2013 20:57 #603601

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
Look forward to seeing your posts and pics when you get The Relay Flag to British Columbia. I have never been B.C. Closest was Seattle, Port Angelas, and Cape Flattery. I bet it is damn beautiful country you got there. B)

AND, Way to Go Daryl and Gary! Made the local paper! Sweet! B) B)

Last edit: by Forrest. Reason: Removing quotes of other members posts since they have had their posts deleted.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 28 Aug 2013 22:34 #603619

• Motor Head
  • Motor Head's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391
This relay has from the start been a Fantastic Idea! Thanks again to all who have been or will be involved. :)
Tri you just hang in there dude it will come down to you, you'll get your chance, then see what you have planned with it. Have you decided even where you might ride, or with who you will ride when the time comes? :whistle: It takes a lot of communication, PM's phone calls, plans, maps, weather checks, then it can change at a moments notice. So you need a back up plan in case that happens.
Thanks for posting the News Paper article Gary. That was interesting talking to the reporter, my first time for that.
Soon enough the Flag will be in Seattle, and hopefully the next weekend Killman can come south and meet Schuss in Seattle. Or if Killman does come down, we will be around till Tuesday Morning, he could meet up with Schuss or some of us. Never know how it will go, but I know we will get in Lots of miles this weekend.. I can't wait, can hardly sleep with dreams of Peeling along on the KZ. :woohoo:
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...
The following user(s) said Thank You: trianglelaguna

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 28 Aug 2013 22:37 #603620

• Motor Head
  • Motor Head's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391
Schuss you out there? Haven't heard from you in a while. I pm'd a meet up spot, did you get that. I also sent my new cell #, Verizon so i can hopefully get reception this time. Saturday is getting closer. :cheer:
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...