Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 29 Aug 2013 00:22 #603643

• schuss
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5

Motor Head wrote: Schuss you out there? Haven't heard from you in a while. I pm'd a meet up spot, did you get that. I also sent my new cell #, Verizon so i can hopefully get reception this time. Saturday is getting closer. :cheer:

Found your PM, that works great. The thread alerts me via email when someone updates it but the PM's are a like a black hole, this forum is so weird! :silly: If anything comes up last minute just text or call me

Looking forward to meeting you guys on Saturday! I'm gonna carry a portable compressor because my rear tire still leaks slowly but otherwise my bike is solid, I rode a couple hours on Friday and it did great! B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 29 Aug 2013 00:24 #603645

• Motor Head
  • Motor Head's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391
If nothing else put some stop leak or Slime in it. That should keep it aired for a least a few days.
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 29 Aug 2013 10:25 #603695

• toolmaker
  • User
  • Thank you received: 19
I'm all set for Saturday and Sunday to go to Seattle. Can't make it for Monday though....customers can't manage without me making their tools LOL.
Has anyone figured out what happens after the flag comes back from Canada? It looks like it will have to pass through Oregon again and I can help move it south if necessary. Maybe an ironbutt from California would like to ride up and get it?
I live near Portland, Oregon and my rider is a '76 KZ900 I bought new. I'm also in the process of restoring another one and a '73 Z1.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 29 Aug 2013 10:30 #603699

• Motor Head
  • User

toolmaker wrote: I'm all set for Saturday and Sunday to go to Seattle. Can't make it for Monday though....customers can't manage without me making their tools LOL.
Has anyone figured out what happens after the flag comes back from Canada? It looks like it will have to pass through Oregon again and I can help move it south if necessary. Maybe an ironbutt from California would like to ride up and get it?

Slayer61 is wanting the flag, he is in N. California. A meet with him looks to be in order once the flag makes it back from Canada. All to be decided when the time nears. We have been in touch for months. He is patiently waiting for the relay to enter his area.
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slayer61

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 29 Aug 2013 16:45 #603767

• Gary - K7GLD
  • User
  • 1983 1100LTD
  • Thank you received: 17
THANK YOU MODERATORS! ;) :)

You're Welcome Gary!

KZCSI (Bill)
Patton
Topper
John Day area - Eastern Oregon
Restored 1983 Kawasaki 1100LTD
The following user(s) said Thank You: trianglelaguna

Last edit: by KZQ.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 30 Aug 2013 17:18 #603955

• Killman
  • User
  • Now with 99% more ducks
  • Thank you received: 12
Sorry to say that I just couldn't make this weekend work. I've got shifts tonight and Sunday, and an exam on Monday. Not to mention I had to put together a case against my previous landlady for trying to steal my damage deposit. She seems to be under the impression that just because she's old, and goes to church, she can lie and cheat and steal to her heart's content. Also just yesterday finished a three month Canadian Residency Tax course, compressed into 2 weeks. But I did talk to one of my bosses, and I should be able to get a shift off next weekend, which should let me run down to Seattle and back without my hair on fire.

Now I just have to get the tires on the bike, and make sure everything else is good to go, and I'm off! Oh yeah, and insurance, insurance would be good, too... :laugh:

I'm sorry I'm going to miss you guys. The news that you will all be there until Tuesday has me wishing I could go without sleep, get my studying done, get the bike ready and ride, but, oh yeah, I have new courses starting on Monday and Tuesday. One of them is a 4 year US Tax Law program compressed into 3 months. I'm gonna need a serious vacation around January. Just in time to fly out East and meet the girlfriend's family for the first time. That should be relaxing, her dad runs a Gay party campsite, (Note to self: better watch The Birdcage again).

I can't tell you all how much I'm looking forward to hopping on the bike and getting the f outta Dodge for a couple of days.
1983 kz440 ltd
Quack
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZJOE900

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 30 Aug 2013 17:47 #603965

• KZJOE900
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 445
You got a lot on your plate Killman. Do you mean insurance on the bike, or insurance for yourself in order to enter the U.S? I have heard horror stories of Canadians coming to the U.S. without insurance and footing the bill for a couple of days in the emergency for a $100,000.00 or so.

Thank you for your efforts. Please enjoy the relay and ignore any negative waves. Been in that situation myself. As much fun as it was participating in the relay, it is unfortunate that there was that negative aspect of it as well.
Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 30 Aug 2013 19:06 #603978

• toolmaker
  • User
  • Thank you received: 19
I'm having issues this weekend too......Motor head - call me.
I live near Portland, Oregon and my rider is a '76 KZ900 I bought new. I'm also in the process of restoring another one and a '73 Z1.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 30 Aug 2013 20:12 #603990

• Motor Head
  • User

toolmaker wrote: I'm having issues this weekend too......Motor head - call me.

Just got off of the phone with Toolmaker. Unfortunately he and his wife won't be able to make the ride. Sad to hear, but he does still want to take part when the flag heads back south, hopefully to Slayer61 in N. California.
This weekends ride will go on as planned anyways, with his absence. So I'm not sure just how far Bill/ KZCSI wants to travel with the Flag. But I will pass it to him early tomorrow morning. He can go as far as he is interested in, pass it back and I'll still meet Schuss in Seattle, then pass it to him. Kinda like the old Torch Run in a Track meet.
Time to go load up the Bike. ;)

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 30 Aug 2013 21:31 #604013

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
Have a safe and fun ride!! Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 30 Aug 2013 22:39 #604030

• slayer61
  • User
  • KZR FLAG RELAY CARRIER #62
  • Thank you received: 275
Maybe you'll be kind enough to look into your crystal ball and guess when the flag would be heading south again? I'll have some scheduling to do... you know... work and all. Paul
Don't be ridiculous! It's only a flesh wound!

Wife's little bike... 1984 GPZ 550 Kerker and DynaJet stage I kit
Wife's BIG bike...... 1981 GPZ 1100 Kerker and factory FI Mikuni RS34s W/ K&N pods

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 31 Aug 2013 00:02 #604057

• Motor Head
  • User

650ed wrote: Have a safe and fun ride!! Ed

Thanks Ed, your relay after all. I think, along with others that when the relay is finished you hang the Flag over your workbench when it is all done. After all with out your question "Does anyone ride", there wouldn't be a relay. Myself, well its just another reason to ride. If I can't make the transfer to Schuss for some reason, I will be bummed but will press on, even to Canada if needed. No plans, but you never no. Last transfer required a bit of trial and err. I sure hope that we can do the Schuss meet up tomorrow afternoon. It will be Ice creams all around on me!
B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: 650ed