KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg

• Motor Head
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
07 Sep 2013 18:20 #605407 by Motor Head

kaw-a-holic wrote: By the way OMR, I did end up moving to AZ. I'm here for training now will be moving everything thing down in about 90 days. We will have to get together some time.

Good luck with the new job, and life in AZ. Year round riding for you now. You'll have to start a thread on your bike repairs/ mods soon. Now instead of dodging Deer it will be Rattle Snakes! :laugh:

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Killman
  • User
  • Now with 99% more ducks
More
07 Sep 2013 19:35 #605415 by Killman
Just a quick heads-up for you all, especially Schuss. I'm working through a couple of things on the bike right now, (all freakin' night if I have to) a pilot jet that just won't come clean, for one, the cross-ports are fine, just the tip WILL NOT unclog! I've tried damn near everything, gonna Hail Mary some SeaFoam, this afternoon. I'm still planning to head down to Seattle in the morning, got my travel insurance and everything :)

But if I can't get it done tonight, I WILL be on the Tues. morning ferry, and I'll have the flag back down South of the border for next weekend, as planned.

Wish me luck. I'll be incommunicado in the shop except for burger, girlfriend and smoke breaks.

1983 kz440 ltd
Quack

More
08 Sep 2013 02:56 #605488 by schuss

toolmaker wrote: So, is the flag in Seattle or Canada?

In Seattle, going to Canada tomorrow or the next couple days, depending on Killman's schedule.

More
08 Sep 2013 10:17 #605517 by toolmaker
If I get the flag here and take it south, I can swing through Reno, Nev. Haven't been there in a while.... :woohoo:

I live near Portland, Oregon and my rider is a '76 KZ900 I bought new. I'm also in the process of restoring another one and a '73 Z1.

More
08 Sep 2013 10:29 #605518 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW !
Voyager Xii is all done (after case split for starter clutch).... She really runs nice and I would most likely using her for this trip... Extremely more comfortable for long trip & has storage...

I forgot to get the completed images on my Voyager project post... Oopsies! :whistle:

Anyhoot, has anyone contacted Craig in No. Cal to see if that fits into the route for getting it down to So Cal... I'll call him to get him onto this post...

I can get it to Las Vegas from So Cal if there's a preference...

OMR

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

More
09 Sep 2013 15:38 #605721 by schuss
Killman wasn't able to get his bike working to meet up Sunday, so we are trying to work out a different plan. I cancelled a trip on this Saturday the 14th so I can meet up anytime this coming weekend, to try and keep the flag moving. I can take a day off if I know ahead of time but since it's already Monday I don't think it's going to happen midweek.

Are there other BC folks here, can you help Killman out?

• Motor Head
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
09 Sep 2013 21:28 #605764 by Motor Head

schuss wrote: Killman wasn't able to get his bike working to meet up Sunday, so we are trying to work out a different plan. I cancelled a trip on this Saturday the 14th so I can meet up anytime this coming weekend, to try and keep the flag moving. I can take a day off if I know ahead of time but since it's already Monday I don't think it's going to happen midweek.

Are there other BC folks here, can you help Killman out?

Sorry to here Killman is having problems. Hang in there Schuss, there will be a meet up soon enough. Kinda sounds like it will go into BC then head back through WA, OR to CA. Have you been in touch with Toolmaker at all? He wants to carry the Flag yet, possibly into CA. Slayer61 is a ways down in Lodi, CA. He would like to receive the Flag when it goes south to CA.

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.

• Killman
  • User
  • Now with 99% more ducks
More
10 Sep 2013 01:32 - 10 Sep 2013 01:36 #605805 by Killman
Between work, school, the bike and the Goddamned baby squirrels in our attic that the girlfriend made me catch at 2am so that we could take them to Animal Rescue the next morning; I've been getting by on 2-4 hours sleep for the last five days.
I think I've got the bike licked, but for obvious reasons, I can't fire it up right now, (neighbours already think I'm nuts after prancing around in my front yard at 2am with a winter coat, work gloves, a fishing net and a flashlight yelling, "where'd the little bastards GO?!!). I'll update tomorrow, after the arbitration hearing with my crook of an ex-landlady.

I'm going to make Saturday if it kills me and every damn person in my way.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm on camera and this crap's all some kind of sick joke. I am not bitter, tired and angry... I swear @#$%^& :angry:
Oh yeah, I've been up for 22 hours right now, so please pardon my funky manner.

1983 kz440 ltd
Quack
Last edit: 10 Sep 2013 01:36 by Killman.

More
10 Sep 2013 07:38 - 10 Sep 2013 07:39 #605822 by toolmaker
Wow, I can relate.....everything happens at once! :blink:

I expect that the flag will be ready to go the day the trusses for my new shop arrive. :P

Had squirrels in my attic once as well, call them tree rats and show no mercy. :evil:

I live near Portland, Oregon and my rider is a '76 KZ900 I bought new. I'm also in the process of restoring another one and a '73 Z1.
Last edit: 10 Sep 2013 07:39 by toolmaker. Reason: spelling correction

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
More
10 Sep 2013 14:53 #605851 by TomW

Old Man Rock wrote: Voyager Xii is all done (after case split for starter clutch).... She really runs nice and I would most likely using her for this trip... Extremely more comfortable for long trip & has storage...

I forgot to get the completed images on my Voyager project post... Oopsies! :whistle:

Anyhoot, has anyone contacted Craig in No. Cal to see if that fits into the route for getting it down to So Cal... I'll call him to get him onto this post...

OMR

Sent you a PM.

'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

More
10 Sep 2013 15:44 #605859 by kaw-a-holic
Replied by kaw-a-holic on topic KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW !

Old Man Rock wrote: Voyager Xii is all done (after case split for starter clutch).... She really runs nice and I would most likely using her for this trip... Extremely more comfortable for long trip & has storage...

OMR

Stupid question here, is the Voyager considered a KZ?

Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

• Motor Head
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
10 Sep 2013 16:57 #605872 by Motor Head

kaw-a-holic wrote:

OMR

Stupid question here, is the Voyager considered a KZ?

No its a big touring bike like Wing. Great for long distance riding, No KZ though.