Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 26 Aug 2013 21:54 #603227

• Motor Head
  • Motor Head's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391
Hows things going up in Canada Killman? Any chance you'll make the meet up next Saturday?
Sounds like everyone else is set for the ride.
If you can't make it, Schuss will have the flag in Seattle for another weekend.
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 27 Aug 2013 00:48 #603270

• Killman
  • User
  • Now with 99% more ducks
  • Thank you received: 12
No tires yet, (but they're expected any day...) and no love with the electrical with the 750. So far, it looks like I'll have to come down the next weekend.
1983 kz440 ltd
Quack

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 27 Aug 2013 10:01 #603312

• Motor Head
  • User

Killman wrote: No tires yet, (but they're expected any day...) and no love with the electrical with the 750. So far, it looks like I'll have to come down the next weekend.

Whatever works for you and Schuss I guess. You guys will have to figure that out. Hopefully the weekend you pick will have good weather.
What sort of plans do you have, if any, for the Flag to travel once its in your possession?
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 27 Aug 2013 10:11 #603315

• Killman
  • User
I figured I'd bring it back to Victoria for some photos, (next to the Terry Fox Memorial, in my shop, etc.) and then either hand it off to another KZR rider here in Victoria, or ride it back down to you guys myself the following week. If the bike performs well enough, I might be inclined to make a detour or two and maybe pick up Alberta. I can't promise Alberta or Alaska, because this late in the year you just never know what the weather is going to do up North or at altitude.
I'm completely open to suggestions/requests.
1983 kz440 ltd
Quack

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 27 Aug 2013 10:20 #603317

• Motor Head
  • User
Your not kidding about the weather coming into September. It can be fantastic one day and winter the next. I hope you have a few contacts up there for some members who will be part of the relay. Almost everytime I've been up through BC, I've been heading back to AK. So I know the road up through Hope, to the Alcan real good. But its never been on a bike. I did the Cassiar once, that was Beautiful but really remote back then. I haven't been up north of the border in 15 years.
If you bring it back south this fall, I think it could move south to California yet this year.
slayer61 is in N. Cali and would like to receive the Flag.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 27 Aug 2013 10:26 #603318

• Motor Head
  • User
Here is the Current Weather Forecast for this weekends ride here in the PNW. Should be a great ride.
Might get Damp up to and around the gorge, bring your rain gear. We should ride through that and get some beautiful weather up top, great for photos hopefully.

Weather update 8/28/13

Attachments:

Last edit: by Motor Head.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 27 Aug 2013 10:36 #603319

• Killman
  • User
Getting it back South won't be a problem. I'm actually South of the 49th Parallel here in Victoria. :laugh:

Funny that you mentioned the Alcan, I grew up North of there, in Terrace.
1983 kz440 ltd
Quack

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 27 Aug 2013 12:33 #603331

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
  • Thank you received: 178
Hey Northwesters! Love the way you are communicating with each other. B) I am liking the relaxed nature and fellowship. I am all for The Relay Flag staying up in the Northwest as long as it takes, even for the winter. It would be cool if Alaska and more Canadian provinces can be included. I have not seen any Alaskan KZ Rider step up. There may be one or more just have not seen myself. If it is a realistic goal of catching even a corner of Alaska this year or next spring, I am cool with that. Even a ferry ride up to Juneau, AK could work if not cheating a bit. ;) Otherwise it looks like big miles to ride there. Heck, myself(maybe others) would even chip in to cover the transport cost if someone has the time. This may or may not be realistic. We really do have the time as long as the seasons and weather cooperate. Here is why. There is obviously better weather and larger number of riders further down the West Coast. The Flag will move easily then. We have next spring and summer to run The Relay Flag down the Coast and into the Southwest.

You may have heard that a North American KZ Rider Relay Rally is being planned for next August. It would be great to have The Relay Flag at the Rally next August. We have almost a full year before that happens. Relay Riders and ALL KZ Riders are welcome to attend this rally. I suggest taking your time and get as many of you involved carrying The Flag as possible and as much territory covered as you are all comfortable with. Wish you all the best and enjoy the experience of getting out on your bikes! :woohoo:

Hope to see you all at the Rally next year! :)
--> www.kzrider.com/forum/13-bike-related/59...can-relay-rally-2014
KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Motor Head

Last edit: by Forrest. Reason: Added link to Rally Thread

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 28 Aug 2013 01:05 #603444

• Motor Head
  • User
Good News. Talked the boss into a 4 day Labor Day Weekend!! :woohoo:
Going to use my uncles house in Issaquah as a base and do some Washington St riding along the Cascades.
Oh its going to be a riding weekend for sure, I think somewhere around 1200 miles or so may be in order. B)
I even have fellow KZRiders to do a bunch of it with. Then my friend will ride his CBX, along with us, and then rest. Back to Bend on Tuesday. ;)
We are all looking forward to the weekend.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 28 Aug 2013 01:11 #603446

• Motor Head
  • User
Forrest Wrote:
Hope to see you all at the Rally next year! :)
--> www.kzrider.com/forum/13-bike-related/59...can-relay-rally-2014

With it about 11 month away, its easy to set the date aside. Unless something Major happens where I can't attend, I plan on being there. I've ridden roads in Colorado of course, but none in New Mexico. I would ride both directions from Oregon, there and back, KZ willing. B)

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 28 Aug 2013 08:47 #603470

• toolmaker
  • User
  • Thank you received: 19
I looking forward to the weekend.....the bike is ready, the wife almost ready, and the weather looks good.

The only issue I am having is lodging....my camping days are over. :blink: I guess we'll take out chances and try to find something when we get there....

As for Alaska, I have been invited to go there next July for a little fishing, but don't plan to take the bike.....
I live near Portland, Oregon and my rider is a '76 KZ900 I bought new. I'm also in the process of restoring another one and a '73 Z1.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 28 Aug 2013 09:29 #603475

• Motor Head
  • User

toolmaker wrote: I looking forward to the weekend.....the bike is ready, the wife almost ready, and the weather looks good.

The only issue I am having is lodging....my camping days are over. :blink: I guess we'll take out chances and try to find something when we get there....

As for Alaska, I have been invited to go there next July for a little fishing, but don't plan to take the bike.....

Being the long weekend, you may want to see about a place now. I don't know what your looking for. But this website has B&B's at all different price levels and all over town.
Here is just one place on the site: www.airbnb.com/rooms/1157347