Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

EV's 05 Oct 2022 17:28 #875126

• JR
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 435

Well with receding glaciers and disappearing sea ice, something is happening wether we agree on it or not.   pulitzercenter.org/stories/ice-us-alaska...mise-arctic-ice-pack

Thanks uarnkjj

The nay sayers will beat one down with the minutae of graphs and charts but it's difficult to refute the disappearing glaciers. We can see these with our own eyes in the Rockies out west  in Alberta and BC and we hear from those up in Hudson Bay and the far North about the ice coming later and going earlier. We know about acid rain from industrial smokestacks in the 70s and 80s and we don't doubt it. We know that if you put crap into the atmosphere it will likely have an impact somewhere. I've seen the dead lakes in northern Ontario. 

But many of us are blind to what comes out of our exhaust pipes.  A few years back I downsized to a Toyota Corolla which gives me a pretty economical 6.2 litres /100km. At almost 8000 km last year that works out to about 1,000kg of CO2 produced - any any youngster doing high school chemistry could do that math easily.  Some people claim that CO2 is not impacting climate or global warming but really I find the CO2 numbers frightening when I consider that last year saw 40 billion litres of gasoline sold in Canada with each litre generating just over 2kg of CO2 . And thats just Canada with a lower (I think) population than California !

I find it hard to believe the nay sayers and so have no problem agreeing with the majority of the trained, qualified scientists who  publish peer reviewed papers rather that the minority and the fringe websites. And no I don't believe in conspiracies either.

Would I buy and EV? Sure I would/will but not until they become affordable. Plus a bit more range would be nice. In the meantime the demand for EVs will grow but I'm not stressing about lack of available ICE cars. Many of those ICE vehicles being produced today will still be on the roads in 20 years. They are not done yet.
1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust
The following user(s) said Thank You: hardrockminer
The topic has been locked.

EV's 05 Oct 2022 19:30 #875136

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1034

I take it you think censorship is funny and that's the way for healthy debate? 
Got it. 
Steve 
www.theepochtimes.com/the-plan-to-block-...nd-more_4758608.html

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2425775...-risen-15-years.html
Steve, you're entitled to your beliefs but I hope you base them on facts and evidence.  So far all you've produced is clickbait.  
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.

EV's 05 Oct 2022 19:34 #875137

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member

Here's another one. 
Steve

jermwarfare.com/podcast/jerome-corsi-oil
So oil isn't a fossil fuel?  Who knew??
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.

EV's 05 Oct 2022 20:20 #875138

• SWest
  • SWest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2630
Did you watch the whole interview?
Steve

EV's 06 Oct 2022 03:30 #875142

• blackozvet
  • User
  • Thank you received: 79
Certain facts need to be taken into consideration.
C02 accounts for 0.04% of the earths atmosphere.
Humans account for around 3% of that total - 97% of C02 is naturally occurring.

An active volcano can emit more C02 in 1 year than mankind has ever produced.  On average 50 to 70 volcanoes erupt each year.
1973 Z1 900 Kawasaki
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest, Mikaw

EV's 06 Oct 2022 04:24 #875143

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member

Certain facts need to be taken into consideration.
C02 accounts for 0.04% of the earths atmosphere.
Humans account for around 3% of that total - 97% of C02 is naturally occurring.

An active volcano can emit more C02 in 1 year than mankind has ever produced.  On average 50 to 70 volcanoes erupt each year.
I suspect your numbers came from some assessment of the carbon cycle.  It is correct to say that natural emissions are far greater but natural absorption is roughly equal to natural emissions.  This is called the carbon cycle, where the atmosphere remains in balance as long as no other emissions occur.   Fossil fuel emissions are IN ADDITION to natural emissions.  The carbon cycle absorption is unable to handle these extra emissions.  Since about 1850 the atmospheric concentration has gone from 280 ppm to 420 ppm.  Where did all this extra carbon come from?  Well it turns out that radioactive dating can distinguish between CO@ produced by fossil fuel use compared to natural CO2 through carbon dating.  This is how scientists know that the extra carbon in the atmosphere is coming from the burning of fossil fuels.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JR

EV's 06 Oct 2022 04:27 #875144

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member

Did you watch the whole interview?
Steve
No Steve.  That first statement was enough for me.  It was a real belly laugher!  

Look..I'm not interested in a debate where I provide facts and you throw up links to silly websites.  I thrown up a couple myself.  Have you investigated them?  If not, then we are done.
Last edit: by hardrockminer.

EV's 06 Oct 2022 04:28 #875145

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1865
Blackozvet, This is my view point also. There are also thermal vents and volcanoes underwater. They could be raising the ocean temps, if that’s actually true. I’m sure humans contribute to polluting and I’m sure it’s not good, and needs to stop. But as far as man made co2 being the cause and if we eliminate that we will reverse the climate. With the majority of Co2 occurring in nature I’m more to think this is all natural. When you have a leading guy in climate wars saying it’s not about the climate it’s about controlling and redistribution of wealth you have to wonder. Nobody here has yet to debate my statement about 3000 year old tree stumps found after ice melts away. The earth is constantly going through warming and cooling. 
1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

EV's 06 Oct 2022 04:35 #875146

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member

Blackozvet, This is my view point also. There are also thermal vents and volcanoes underwater. They could be raising the ocean temps, if that’s actually true. I’m sure humans contribute to polluting and I’m sure it’s not good, and needs to stop. But as far as man made co2 being the cause and if we eliminate that we will reverse the climate. With the majority of Co2 occurring in nature I’m more to think this is all natural. When you have a leading guy in climate wars saying it’s not about the climate it’s about controlling and redistribution of wealth you have to wonder. Nobody here has yet to debate my statement about 3000 year old tree stumps found after ice melts away. The earth is constantly going through warming and cooling. 
I replied to that point.  Indeed, the earth has gone through many warming/cooling cycles.  The last 8,000 or so years have been a cooling trend with occasional warmings.  Temperature charts clearly show this.  But none of those warming cycles can come close to the speed and intensity of the current one.  Here's the real question to consider....how many people were on the planet 3,000 years ago and how many are here today?  

Lastly, what evidence to you have for your belief that warming is entirely natural?  There is plenty of evidence to demonstrate that it's human driven.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JR
Last edit: by hardrockminer.

EV's 06 Oct 2022 04:51 #875148

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
This article about Carbon cycle is interesting below is two paragraphs I thought were of particular interest.

www.whoi.edu/know-your-ocean/ocean-topic...cycles/carbon-cycle/

Some groups collect water samples from the oceans, analyzing them for carbon content. Repeated over many years, such studies provide basic information on how the oceans are absorbing and releasing carbon dioxide. But they have revealed unexpected complexities in these processes, making it more difficult to fully understand how human activities, such as burning fossil fuels, impacts the carbon cycle.

To address those complications, scientists turn to mathematical and computer models of the carbon cycle. They input the basic variables that are known to affect the cycle, then test the model using real-world data. Variables included in the models include wind speeds, temperature, currents, and more. These models have found that natural processes affect the ocean’s ability to absorb carbon in a variety of ways.

1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Jimi Hendrix.
Last edit: by Mikaw.

EV's 06 Oct 2022 05:00 #875150

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
All charts are made by man. We would be naïve if we blindly accept they are made out of pure mankind’s interest in mind. The climate “industry” has to be a multi, multi, billion dollar entity. If we fall for the fact these guys are not chasing money we are taking a huge factor out of all of the equations. I’m trying to be open minded but add in the money pumped into this and how hypocritical some of the biggest climate warriors are really makes me stop and think
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Jimi Hendrix.

EV's 06 Oct 2022 05:12 #875151

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member

All charts are made by man. We would be naïve if we blindly accept they are made out of pure mankind’s interest in mind. The climate “industry” has to be a multi, multi, billion dollar entity. If we fall for the fact these guys are not chasing money we are taking a huge factor out of all of the equations. I’m trying to be open minded but add in the money pumped into this and how hypocritical some of the biggest climate warriors are really makes me stop and think
Fair comment.  But it isn't a fact that anyone is chasing money.  Not that I have seen.  Lots of claims, but little evidence.

Another question for you.  Assume for a moment that anthropogenic climate change is real.  Are you prepared to accept the consequences?