Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

EV's 05 Oct 2022 09:38 #875092

• SWest
  • SWest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2643
Where is the evidence that they've made up numbers?  Think about it for a moment.  If a government organization did that, what do you think would happen to the people who work there?

Nothing, We were just following orders. That didn't work in 1947 and it won't work now.
Steve
The topic has been locked.

EV's 05 Oct 2022 10:49 #875097

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1883

A large meteorite took out the dinosaurs.  Plenty of evidence of that.  

Let's be clear that we're talking about climate here...not weather.  And yes, climate has always changed and probably always will.  I disagree with you that humans are not a cause.  We are not the only cause but we are a significant one.  The evidence that we are a cause is overwhelming.  (Go to the IPPC site and read some of their executive reports.). But frankly, it's not climate change per se that is a problem.  It's the impact of climate change on humanity.  We've only been around for maybe a million or so years, so what occurred in pre-cambrian times, or any time before quaternary isn't relevant. 

And yes, there are some scientists who disagree, and that's fine, as long as they have logical arguments to defend their position.  Google Roy Spencer if you want to hear from one.  
Yes a meteorite, that’s a natural occurrence. 

I have tried to cut through the word salad on the IPPC site but I can’t find any. 

If it’s not the change in the climate, but the impact on humanity why are we spending all the money on trying to control/change the climate. Wouldn’t our efforts be better used to help humanity. 

I’ll look him up. You look up Joe Bastardi.
1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest
Last edit: by Mikaw.

EV's 05 Oct 2022 11:38 #875101

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Google hides information that's counter to the narrative. I use DuckDuck Go but they're starting to do it too. The EU is trying to stop "Misinformation" that means information they don't agree with. Here in the US they tried to have a misinformation office and Tzar but it was deemed un constitutional. There's that pesky Constitution again and the 1st amendment they want to get rid of along with the 2nd amendment. They say the Constitution is outdated. It's the only thing keeping us from going full blown Communist. and I love it. 
Steve 

EV's 05 Oct 2022 11:56 #875103

• Wheelhop
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 298
Also lookup John Coleman co-founder of Weather Channel destoys CNN on Youtube.
1978 KZ 1000B (73 tribute)
1977 KZ1000 project
1976 KZ 900
1976 KV 75
1976 Honda Elsinore MT250
1974 Z1 900 project
1971 Honda CT70

EV's 05 Oct 2022 13:03 #875109

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1042

Also lookup John Coleman co-founder of Weather Channel destoys CNN on Youtube.
You mean the John Coleman with a BA in journalism?  How is he an authority on climate science?  
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.

EV's 05 Oct 2022 13:25 #875111

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member

A large meteorite took out the dinosaurs.  Plenty of evidence of that.  

Let's be clear that we're talking about climate here...not weather.  And yes, climate has always changed and probably always will.  I disagree with you that humans are not a cause.  We are not the only cause but we are a significant one.  The evidence that we are a cause is overwhelming.  (Go to the IPPC site and read some of their executive reports.). But frankly, it's not climate change per se that is a problem.  It's the impact of climate change on humanity.  We've only been around for maybe a million or so years, so what occurred in pre-cambrian times, or any time before quaternary isn't relevant. 

And yes, there are some scientists who disagree, and that's fine, as long as they have logical arguments to defend their position.  Google Roy Spencer if you want to hear from one.  
Yes a meteorite, that’s a natural occurrence. 

I have tried to cut through the word salad on the IPPC site but I can’t find any. 

If it’s not the change in the climate, but the impact on humanity why are we spending all the money on trying to control/change the climate. Wouldn’t our efforts be better used to help humanity. 

I’ll look him up. You look up Joe Bastardi.
Joe Bastardi....let's review some of the things he has said.

1) That the world was warmer in the 1930's than it is today.  The temperature chart earlier shows this to be wrong.
2) The human contribution of CO2 is too small to have any effect.  First, it appears that he acknowledges that CO2 has an effect.  And second, anthropogenic emissions are far greater than all of the other sources combined.
3) Global warming is caused by sunspots.  If that were true we would see an increase in solar energy reaching the earth.  But satellite measurements since 1979 have measured 1,362 watts per square meter of incoming radiation, plus or minus a half of a watt.  That seems pretty constant to me.
4) CO2 does not cause global warming because it doesn't mix well in the atmosphere.  This is easily verifiable, but unfortunately every measurement of the atmosphere renders more or less the same result...CO2 molecules are easily distributed.
5) CO2 radiative processes are different from the rest of the atmosphere so it cannot cause global warming.  It's partly true that CO2 radiative processes are different, at least from O2 or N2 which make up the bulk of the atmosphere.  They don't absorb or emit radiation and are therefore not considered GH gases.  CO2, H2O and CH4 are the main GHG's.

So who would I believe?  Joe Bastardi who seems unable to read a global temperature chart or this guy who has many scientific awards and over 200 scientific publications?  en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_E._Mann

Re: Dr Roy Spencer - This part of his site shows the global satellite data collected since 1979.  www.drroyspencer.com/latest-global-temperatures/
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.
Last edit: by hardrockminer.

EV's 05 Oct 2022 13:31 #875112

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member

Where is the evidence that they've made up numbers?  Think about it for a moment.  If a government organization did that, what do you think would happen to the people who work there?

Nothing, We were just following orders. That didn't work in 1947 and it won't work now.
Steve
Well if that's your belief I guess you don't have any evidence to back it up.  So there is no sense continuing this debate with you.

EV's 05 Oct 2022 14:57 #875116

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Last edit: by SWest. Reason: add link

EV's 05 Oct 2022 15:43 #875117

• urankjj
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 202
Can we at least agree on this. "Opinions expressed by me do not reflect those of the the staff or members" ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD

EV's 05 Oct 2022 15:56 #875118

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member

t.me/Engineered_ClimateChange_Hoax/1612
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

EV's 05 Oct 2022 16:37 #875122

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
I take it you think censorship is funny and that's the way for healthy debate? 
Got it. 
Steve 
www.theepochtimes.com/the-plan-to-block-...nd-more_4758608.html

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2425775...-risen-15-years.html
Last edit: by SWest. Reason: add link

EV's 05 Oct 2022 17:05 #875125

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014