Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

EV's 04 Oct 2022 08:33 #875000

• SWest
  • SWest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2642

Got any pictures of the lizard people Steve?  How about bigfoot?

www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/scienc...racy-live-180960139/
Since then, the [chemtrail conspiracy] periodically pops up in the media. According to Public Policy Polling, about five percent of Americans believe in chemtrails. That’s more than the four percent who believe lizard people are taking over our politics but much less than the number who believe in bigfoot or that global warming is a hoax.

Nice try. I didn't say anything about "lizard people." 
 It's like what the Resident said, "It's not the votes it's who's counting them" that goes for polls too. 
Steve

The topic has been locked.

EV's 04 Oct 2022 09:18 #875001

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1041

Glad to hear you're planting trees Steve.  We're going to need all the trees we can get.  Part of Canada's plan (if you can call it a plan) is to plant 1 billion trees.

Steve, that site you linked is clickbait, not true science. There are plenty of good sites you can access.  NASA and NOAA are pretty good.  Here is one on the history of climate science.

skepticalscience.com/history-climate-science.html

Indeed, sea levels are rising, but not at a rate that will submerge oceanfront property in our lifetime, or probably Obama's as well.  Here's a question for you...where do you think all the water from the polar ice caps and glaciers is going to go?  Here's another one for you...what happens to water when it warms up?  

The earth has been warming for about 150 years.  You can see it in this chart.  The general trend since about 1910 is warming.  Prior to that there was a cooling variation, and there have been several minor cooling trends since then.  Overall the warming is about 1.3 deg over the last century.

www.climate.gov/news-features/understand...e-global-temperature

All I ask is for you to be open to information on climate change.  If you aren't open then there is no use discussing the subject and I won't waste my time providing you with links.

NOAA is a fraud.  They have been caught numerous times making up numbers to support their climate models.  Recently the NOAA found a solution to the 15-year "pause" in global warming: They "adjusted" the hiatus in warming out of the temperature record.

Interesting claim.  Where is the evidence?  
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.

EV's 04 Oct 2022 09:40 #875004

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1041

Wheelhop post=874989

hardrockminer post=874971Glad to hear you're planting trees Steve.  We're going to need all the trees we can get.  Part of Canada's plan (if you can call it a plan) is to plant 1 billion trees.

Steve, that site you linked is clickbait, not true science. There are plenty of good sites you can access.  NASA and NOAA are pretty good.  Here is one on the history of climate science.

skepticalscience.com/history-climate-science.html

Indeed, sea levels are rising, but not at a rate that will submerge oceanfront property in our lifetime, or probably Obama's as well.  Here's a question for you...where do you think all the water from the polar ice caps and glaciers is going to go?  Here's another one for you...what happens to water when it warms up?  

The earth has been warming for about 150 years.  You can see it in this chart.  The general trend since about 1910 is warming.  Prior to that there was a cooling variation, and there have been several minor cooling trends since then.  Overall the warming is about 1.3 deg over the last century.

www.climate.gov/news-features/understand...e-global-temperature

All I ask is for you to be open to information on climate change.  If you aren't open then there is no use discussing the subject and I won't waste my time providing you with links.

NOAA is a fraud.  They have been caught numerous times making up numbers to support their climate models.  Recently the NOAA found a solution to the 15-year "pause" in global warming: They "adjusted" the hiatus in warming out of the temperature record.

As more and more truth comes out there will be those that refuse to accept it so lets say we agree to disagree and leave it at that.  
Look up "It's a big club and you ain't in it." George Carlin  on YouTube 
BTW haven't had chem trails for two months now. 
Steve

SLOVENIA 
Quite simply Steve, that's a cop out...an attempt to gracefully withdraw from a debate you know you you've lost.  We certainly disagree, but my arguments are based on facts and science.  Yours seem to be based on Facebook research.

Just to finish off on methane vs CO2...the attached chart comes from a website called The Science of Doom.  It charts the energy emitted by the earth vs the wavelength of the energy.  It also shows the wavelength where energy is absorbed and which GHG is doing the absorbing.  The higher the graph curve the greater the energy intensity.  Notice how CO2 absorbs energy at various wavelengths, but mostly at the peak of energy emissions from the earth.  Over on the right side you can see that emissions decline, and you can also see that methane (CH4) absorbs energy at some wavelengths in this area, but notice how much less energy is being emitted at those wavelengths.  This is why CO2 is a far more important GHG than CH4.   Facts count.

Vapour trails have been around since jet engines were developed.  When did this "global dimming" theory first arise?

I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: JR
Last edit: by hardrockminer.

EV's 04 Oct 2022 10:09 #875005

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
So you're saying Chem Trails don't exist?
Steve

EV's 04 Oct 2022 12:40 #875018

• Wheelhop
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 297
NOAA's US temperature record shows that US was warmest in the 1930's and has generally cooled as CO2 has increased.  This wrecks greenhouse gas theory, so they "adjust" the data to make it look like the US is warming.
1978 KZ 1000B (73 tribute)
1977 KZ1000 project
1976 KZ 900
1976 KV 75
1976 Honda Elsinore MT250
1974 Z1 900 project
1971 Honda CT70
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

EV's 04 Oct 2022 13:41 #875021

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
This thread grew so large and so much fun I moved it to another category. Carry on. 
Steve
t.me/LauraAbolichannel/23455

EV's 04 Oct 2022 13:57 #875022

• DOHC
  • Sustaining Member
  • Those Doe-Hawks really go!
  • Thank you received: 515
Here is a graph with the same data.  It shows the same correction for the early 1900s, but everything after 1940 is higher than shown on your graph, even for the uncorrected data.

Which one is correct?  Is my unsourced image more or less correct than your unsourced image?

Neither.  None of us here are climate scientists, and we are never going to be.  Steve might say that we should all be more skeptical.  And that's true, which is why skepticism and confirmation are at the root of the scientific method.  The experts who do climate research do question the results of other researchers, and do work to confirm the results of others.  That is how the scientific community works.  But they do so with a deep understanding of the methods and models and statistical tools that are used to generate these results.  That's what it is to be an expert.

We normal folk have no choice but to either believe in or reject the scientific process.  And rejecting the scientific consensus of thousands of experts and an entire community of researchers is simply just rejecting science, and rejecting the entire notion that experts exist, or that there is value in having expertise at all.
'78 Z1-R in blue , '78 Z1-R in black, '78 Z1-R in pieces
My dad's '74 Z1
'00 ZRX1100
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: JR, SWest

EV's 04 Oct 2022 14:02 #875023

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1881
HRM, ti trust you knowledge. Look at the site I posted and see if the data there is correct. According to their calculations CO2 can’t be the heat trapping gas as claimed. I’m holding an open mind. I like data, not the government tell us “it true because we said so”. That seems to be the standard theme. It so because we say so and if you challenge it your doxed. If we can discuss it then we can’t find the truth.
1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

EV's 04 Oct 2022 14:18 #875024

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Well here's some more experts. 
Steve
t.me/SouthwestChemtrailchat/8530

EV's 04 Oct 2022 15:10 #875027

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Look up chem trails in Telegram. Too many things I can't post here. Steve   
Attachments:
Last edit: by SWest.

EV's 04 Oct 2022 15:57 #875029

• urankjj
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 202
It's weird how they look like white lines of something on a table top...just saying.....

EV's 04 Oct 2022 15:59 #875030

• Dr. Gamma
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 664
The way things have been going in the past few weeks. You won't have to be worrying about EV's or chemtrails too much longer. If good old Vladimer uses a Tactical Nuclear Weapon in Ukraine all hell is going to break loose!!!!! If he does all the war mongers in DC will launch a retaliatory strike against Val!!!!  Then you got Little Rocket Man launching missile after missile.
The world has never been this close to nuclear war since the Cuban Missile Crisis. We got a fullblown nut job in charge in Russia and a senile old fool in charge here in the U.S. Nothing good is on the horizon for this outcome. 

1972 H2 750 Cafe Racer built in 1974.
1976 KH400 Production Road Racer.
1979 Kz1000 MK. II Old AMA/WERA Superbike.
1986 RG500G 2 stroke terror.
1986 GSXR750RG The one with the clutch that rattles!

Up in the hills near Prescott, Az.
Attachments: