Speed Triple Single Sided Swingarm Installation

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
25 Mar 2010 06:24 #356015 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic Frame Jig and SSA Installation
Looking forward to it.B)

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• porchev914
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Whats that? Half of my swingarm is missing?!?!?
More
25 Apr 2010 14:33 #363144 by porchev914
Replied by porchev914 on topic Frame Jig and SSA Installation
Gosh, it feels like I'm dragging an ancient thread up from the dead! I was finally able to buy a shock from our favorite online auction site and it should be here sometime next week...I hope. So I will continue this thread, finishing up the shock linkage and top shock mount fabrication for the single sided swingarm. Thanks to everyone for their support B)

FRANKEN Z!
1978 KZ1000 A2A with 08'Speed Triple SSSA and '06 GSXR1000 front end

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
25 Apr 2010 14:54 #363148 by mark1122
thats great news. Congrats.B)
allmost as good as my news. i have renters taking over at the end of the month. that means i have about a week to finish the reno, then its KKKKKKKZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ time.:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
did i mention that i cant wait to get back to my kz.

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

• porchev914
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
25 Apr 2010 15:53 #363168 by porchev914
Good on ya mate! Renters means time to work on the Kz, and funds to do it with. I wish I had renters :( Soon enough though. What special things do you have planned Mark?

FRANKEN Z!

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
25 Apr 2010 16:44 #363177 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic Frame Jig and SSA Installation
porchev914 wrote:

Gosh, it feels like I'm dragging an ancient thread up from the dead! I was finally able to buy a shock from our favorite online auction site and it should be here sometime next week...I hope. So I will continue this thread, finishing up the shock linkage and top shock mount fabrication for the single sided swingarm. Thanks to everyone for their support B)

Nah...don't think like that :) These projects can take considerable time. It's not how long it takes...it's what you have in the end that matters!

This bike should be awesome when it's completed. Just keep plugging away as time & parts permit. You'll get there ;)

More
26 Apr 2010 16:07 #363363 by irishwill
Replied by irishwill on topic Frame Jig and SSA Installation
that Larry...seems like such a nice guy....haha

just ball bustin bud....

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
27 Apr 2010 05:46 #363511 by mark1122
My biggest ambition is to just get the beast running and ride.lol
i have the swing arm on the bench . i have it prepped for paint, then the tail , fender, and side covers will get a clear-coat. i used Duplicolor spray bomb, and it does not hold up, so i am clear-coating with real paint.
When time allows i will redo the tank. and add some black graphics. i did want satin black, as u know, but maybe i will switch to gloss and redo the forks , and rims, in gloss as well.
i also need to add the new HID headlight from otakar,sprocket support, from irishwill, and play with my suspension.i added the ability to raise my front end and laid the top of the shocks forward this winter.
i also need to prep my cbr for the track, which includes a fork oil change for both bikes i will get to use the spring compressor tool that Josh made for me.
There are so many helpful guys on this site that i dont have time to put all of there help to use.lol

01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

• porchev914
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
27 Apr 2010 08:44 #363548 by porchev914
Jeez Mark, you've got alot of work to get your bike going, though it sounds mostly cosmetic :cheer: If only I had everything done besides the cosmetics, I'd be on the road in a week! :silly: Once I get this Franken Z back together, I'd like to go through the lights and convert it to LED turns/stop and HID headlight. I'll be looking for your thread on the conversion Mark ;)

Thanks for the words of encouragement Larry. This all started as a simple engine rebuild, which morphed into a performance engine build, which prompted a clean up of the chassis. Well all that would be a waste of time and energy if I didn't change the frame and suspension up a bit like I had been dreaming about. So here I am with a rather large 1st bike project. But is been fun, and I've learned alot so far. I'm already looking forward to the next project and what I will do differently.

irishwill, I'm gonna ebay my oem suzuki triple clamp to help pay for your custom pieces, so I'm counting on you my friend! I know, I know, the little womans bike comes first ;) :laugh:

FRANKEN Z!

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
27 Apr 2010 17:33 #363669 by mark1122
Otto already did the right up and i just reaped the benefits.:laugh:

kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&...ew&catid=4&id=348657
i cant wait to see the blinding light.:woohoo:

01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

More
28 Apr 2010 12:16 #363869 by irishwill
Replied by irishwill on topic Frame Jig and SSA Installation
irishwill, I'm gonna ebay my oem suzuki triple clamp to help pay for your custom pieces, so I'm counting on you my friend! I know, I know, the little womans bike comes first

its all the same bro....the time is in the first one....might take an hour for the second....

• porchev914
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
01 May 2010 02:09 #364645 by porchev914
I finally got a rear shock! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Now I just need to figure out how to mount it :ohmy: You'd think I should know how to do that after 3 kids... :laugh:

FRANKEN Z!
Attachments:

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
01 May 2010 06:28 #364664 by mark1122
porchev914 wrote:

I finally got a rear shock! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Now I just need to figure out how to mount it :ohmy: You'd think I should know how to do that after 3 kids... :laugh:

u obviously need more practice. Keep at it.:laugh:
Good mounting :)

01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)