@%$*&%

• Kawickrice
  • User
  • After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
More
03 Oct 2010 12:11 #403791 by Kawickrice
Replied by Kawickrice on topic @%$*&%
Have you checked the pickup coils? Can the kill switch be shorted to the "OFF" position?

73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
74 Yamaha RD 350 (My two stroke toy)
77 Kawasaki KZ 650B-1 (My putt around bike)
80 Indian Moped (My American Iron)
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
79 RD 400 Daytona Special
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
03 Oct 2010 12:20 - 03 Oct 2010 12:20 #403793 by kz1k
Replied by kz1k on topic @%$*&%
everything works....horn, lights and it cranks. all troubleshooting manuals check out.....no spark.

1978 KZ1000A2

"JUST IN! A MAN WHO HOLDS THE WORLD RECORD FOR USING THE MOST DRUGS DIES TODAY. HE WAS WAS ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS HE THOUGHT HE SAW"

WHY FART AND WASTE IT, WHEN YOU CAN BURP AND TASTE IT?
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Oct 2010 12:20 by kz1k.

More
03 Oct 2010 12:21 #403794 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic @%$*&%
Uhm Joe... WTF reading did you get off the coils and the coil pick up?

OK, put the joint down and READ the RED ecnlosed boxes.... They give you the resistance spec range they must fall in... Damn young man.... :whistle: :laugh:

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az
Attachments:

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
03 Oct 2010 12:29 - 03 Oct 2010 12:37 #403797 by kz1k
Old Man Rock wrote:

OK, put the joint down and READ the RED ecnlosed boxes.... They give you the resistance spec range they must fall in... Damn young man.... :whistle: :laugh:

im not really sure exactly where i am connecting my meter for both these tests. and if i need to hit the start button. not sure where the pick up coil is i mean.

1978 KZ1000A2

"JUST IN! A MAN WHO HOLDS THE WORLD RECORD FOR USING THE MOST DRUGS DIES TODAY. HE WAS WAS ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS HE THOUGHT HE SAW"

Last edit: 03 Oct 2010 12:37 by kz1k.

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
03 Oct 2010 12:41 #403800 by kz1k
kz1k wrote:

Old Man Rock wrote:

im not really sure exactly where i am connecting my meter for both these tests. and if i need to hit the start button. not sure where the pick up coil is i mean.

above in the diagram it says yellow and blue....i dont see it on the bike.....where am i looking?

1978 KZ1000A2

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
03 Oct 2010 12:54 #403803 by kz1k
im getting ideas how to get spark to the motor....

1978 KZ1000A2

Attachments:

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
03 Oct 2010 13:10 #403806 by kz1k

1978 KZ1000A2

Attachments:

More
03 Oct 2010 13:22 #403807 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic @%$*&%
No offense intended, we all start with an empty glass, but judging by some of your comments and questions it's clear you are new at this and consequently are frustrated by many of the problems you have encountered. If you are serious about trying to get this Yammy running and about working on the KZ, you need to develop a basic understanding of the various systems on motorcycles. I suggest you visit the following site and allow yourself enough time to go through it all step-by-step to develop that baseline of knowledge. With that done, much of the advice given on this site will be more useful and you will be able to ask questions that are more productive.

Online Motorcycle Repair Course

One other word of advice, though I know it will sound like an old man preaching: lay off the dope and your life will improve. Don't ask how I know. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
03 Oct 2010 13:39 #403813 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic @%$*&%
Joe keep in mind... That may not or may be your exact model for that manual..... May be close but not exact...

Sorry but this is why we mention to a lot of our new members, get the OEM service manuals for your exact model and it makes it a whole hell of a lot easier in T-shooting and repairs otherwise it will be frustrating and can get real expensive real fast...

As you just learned, new regulator, problem still exists... It can be something simple or a multiple of things especially since you tried jumping this off a car battery/system...

Me personally, wouldn't stick a dime into this... Sell as is, get your $500 and be done with it... Unless you're willing to put the money into it, screw it....

You made some $$$ good for KZ parts.... ;)

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
03 Oct 2010 13:39 #403814 by kz1k
650ed wrote:

No offense intended, we all start with an empty glass, but judging by some of your comments and questions it's clear you are new at this and consequently are frustrated by many of the problems you have encountered. If you are serious about trying to get this Yammy running and about working on the KZ, you need to develop a basic understanding of the various systems on motorcycles. I suggest you visit the following site and allow yourself enough time to go through it all step-by-step to develop that baseline of knowledge. With that done, much of the advice given on this site will be more useful and you will be able to ask questions that are more productive.

Online Motorcycle Repair Course

One other word of advice, though I know it will sound like an old man preaching: lay off the dope and your life will improve. Don't ask how I know. Ed

thank you.

1978 KZ1000A2

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
03 Oct 2010 13:57 #403818 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic @%$*&%
i want you to post a pic of you with todays paper in your hands showing the date.....

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
03 Oct 2010 14:29 - 03 Oct 2010 14:59 #403829 by kz1k
i put it back on craigslist for a good price as is..... lets see what happens. like you said dave, i am tired of fucking with it man...it kicked my ass.

1978 KZ1000A2

Last edit: 03 Oct 2010 14:59 by kz1k.