Do inexpensive rebuild parts even exist?

More
12 Nov 2009 20:41 #333320 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic Do inexpensive rebuild parts even exist?
28 years old, hmmm figures.... Bet you still live at home with mommy as well don't you.... yeah, you do, come on now admit it....

Aren't you the same one who posted regarding how your designing & planning an engine build for 14Krpm on your 650!...

So lets' see if we have this correct... Kz's are junk but yet you love your bike and are planning to put $10K into a 14Krpm 650, we have that right.... Yeah, BS walks kid...

Post your project boy, otherwise it's all bull shit for which most of us have already figured you out for...

Kazoo... sorry for hijacking your thread... I posted some new pistons w/rings on e-bay... 4 days left so keep an eye on them for you may be able to pick them up cheap...

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kawickrice
  • User
  • After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
More
13 Nov 2009 02:03 #333336 by Kawickrice
Replied by Kawickrice on topic Do inexpensive rebuild parts even exist?
I guess since I have a Z1 its not junk, now thats good to know. And to think my 650 is even older than you and still very popular lets me know that it is not junk either, no matter what condition it is in.

Here is my next junk project numbnuts. and to keep it on topic I will be seeking "inexpensive rebuild parts that exist"

73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
74 Yamaha RD 350 (My two stroke toy)
77 Kawasaki KZ 650B-1 (My putt around bike)
80 Indian Moped (My American Iron)
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
79 RD 400 Daytona Special
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL
Attachments:

More
14 Nov 2009 22:32 - 14 Nov 2009 22:32 #333764 by will61310
Replied by will61310 on topic Do inexpensive rebuild parts even exist?
hardr0ck68 wrote:

Hey I know my bike is a POS, but it runs; and runs well... even if I drop 10G into it; the value will only be about 2g on ebay. That has to tell you something about the bikes we ride. Now drop 10G into a Z1 and you might turn 25G on ebay if the numbers are good and you do the work well.

Dropping 10g into it (which I might before I am done) won't let it run with an r6 or even a 650R.... they are just to old and heavy. 2 valve air cooled just can't do the job 4 valves with water cooling can.

Why did I buy mine? It was cheap and people told me it would never run.... I just can't turn down a challenge like that. Plus, with such an outdated turd, there is no end to the projects I can take on (with an r6, what can you do? the 520 "mod" or add crazy expensive rearsets?). With my 650 adding $40 used zx6 rearsets is a "cool mod" if I owned the zx6 I would need to drop $400 on aftermarket rearsets for a "cool mod." Don't get me wrong, I love my bike; but to deny what it is to to lie to myself....

As for file fit rings spraying oil, when I swap motors this winter I will put file fit rings in my current street motor (137psi in 1 and 4; 147psi in 2 and 3; leak down held well I forget the numbers but it was well within spec.) I don't know when I will have a chance to run that motor again, but when I do I will post all the information.

OMR If you need a visual drop your pants, look down and multiply by 2... that's a millimeter, to most folks that is not much, but I know it seems big to you.

Wow...A month ago you were gonna take on the world with a 14000 rpm engine, now its an outdated turd??

...1980 LTD 1000...
Last edit: 14 Nov 2009 22:32 by will61310.

More
14 Nov 2009 22:47 #333765 by saxjonz
Replied by saxjonz on topic Do inexpensive rebuild parts even exist?
Ouch!
Tirebomb, that looks scary. I guess I don't feel too bad about my head gasket going. I ordered the 31cr carbs for my bike with some J boots and baby I am excited to see how she will roll.
10grand?! Ha I got 5 now with pure motor and with the carbs and pods, boots and what else have you another 1k. The paint and pipe and headlight and bars and ..... stop yer damned whining little boy bikes cost money so if you don't like it take the cheap way out and buy yerself a new little r6 you pantywaist, leave the real bikes for men who know what a real bike is and go polish your knob and play someone's kazoo clown dick.
Hey, I stopped with going on here because there was no drama, no new hot projects, no fighting. OMR you spankin little kids with big mouths who talk a lot of shite but know Joe? Lol. I am missing out here. Lemme at em. Come on boy put up yer dukes.
timebomb33 wrote:

here is the head gasket

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

More
14 Nov 2009 22:59 #333773 by saxjonz
lmfao! Beer goggles huh? Never been afflicted with that status. lol
Patton wrote:

Old Man Rock wrote:

...these old beauties have become collector items due to there's not many more of these old girls around. Then there's old farts as myself who fell in love with these old girls way back when...when they're used up they become extinct in some cases and expensive in others where to some worth very penny...As in my case... sure, I could of went real cheap...just to get the old girl running but I have been waiting for 30 years for this moment...for a 30 year old...crappy screw...that's they way it just works in the world... Any hobby/passion regardless what it is, if the numbers are low, it's not cheap...this analogy is going to cost me...
Fat Trailer Park girl:
6 pack of beer....
Smoking hot babe with a kickin bod:
...trust me.

You go, OMR! :cheer:

79 LTD B3

More
14 Nov 2009 23:26 #333779 by saxjonz
28 and how did taking the short bus to school all these years feel? Did you have many bad memories in school? I guess you caught enough of the lingo on the site. Falicon this APE that. Hardrock is that what you call yourself because you can take a hard rock and make it disappear? Is that how you feel 21 again blackjack? Lemme see... hmmm my friend has a nice new triumph that is pretty fast we rode and not once did he embarass me. Not too much difference between new and old if built right I suppose. I guess I know a bit about launching and riding the piss outta my bike but then again it is running pretty good. He even hit it on me before to get the jump and I dropped it and kicked her in the ass hard and immediately caught the speed. I surprise most of the dickweeds that think their bikes are so much greater than my POS 30 LTD but I tell you what it goes like stink and if it is not the fastest of the fast it's still fast enough and everyone here in Chicago that sees it including the cops like it and respect it. I don't get pulled over for speeding on it because I am not one of the target groups of squids that fall off a cliff every year because they can't handle all of that speed. Yes to be quite honest I don't have much top end but then again I have ridden 140 plus quite often. No glory in speeding that fast besides the fact that you won't have to worry about wearing a helmet because all they will find to pick up with a toothbrush and spoon are small little fragments of your former self. So go spew your feltching remnants over someone else that cares about what you have to say. Suprising you have so many posts. Yes I do believe that things are back to normal again.
hardr0ck68 wrote:

the hivo crankshaft is on the way, when It gets here it will be re-directed to APE or Falicon.... I have not decided yet.

Don't worry my project will move right along. Bottom end this year top end next.

I am 28, but I feel 21; I bet your hemorrhoids feel at least that old.

79 LTD B3

More
15 Nov 2009 06:52 #333815 by will61310
Replied by will61310 on topic Do inexpensive rebuild parts even exist?
Most of his posts were arguing about building his MASSIVE 14,000 rpm killer engine that almost everyone said wasnt feasible..:laugh:

...1980 LTD 1000...

• hardr0ck68
  • User
  • Who put the what in the where?
More
15 Nov 2009 10:05 - 15 Nov 2009 10:11 #333853 by hardr0ck68
Replied by hardr0ck68 on topic Do inexpensive rebuild parts even exist?
will61310 wrote:

Most of his posts were arguing about building his MASSIVE 14,000 rpm killer engine that almost everyone said wasnt feasible..:laugh:

Do a search in the archive for my handle, I have been on these boards a LONG time.

I was asking what it would take to get one of these motors to spin to 14k, thats right. I see what the new bikes can do and how. No reason to re-invent the wheel, I had the idea to try and copy an r6 or other rocket. If it can't be done with RMP, that is fine I will get to my goal some other way.

Call me what you like, there is a reason these bikes commonly sell for less than $1,000 and it's not because they are collectors items (certain modles yes... )

Look at real collectors items, like a 69 camero you can build a new one for parts that are still made today. Why? Cause people want them that bad.

I know what my bike is, and I know what my goals are, and if my goals cannot be made easily I will buy a turbo kit. But I am not foolish enough to think that makes my bike worth something... certainly it will be worth the $125 I paid for it, but it will never be worth 5 grand... cause it's a turd.

If I wanted a rocket ship I would just buy a R6 or R1... I don't I like to have a project.

Many of you seem delusional about what you have in your drive ways. I enjoy the simplicity of my bike, and the fact that almost anything I do to it improves it's performance but I am a realist. Again, to each his own.

1977 kz650 c1

bought it because I was told it would never run again...I like to prove people wrong.
Last edit: 15 Nov 2009 10:11 by hardr0ck68.

More
15 Nov 2009 12:32 #333886 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Do inexpensive rebuild parts even exist?
hardr0ck68 wrote:

will61310 wrote:

Do a search in the archive for my handle, I have been on these boards a LONG time.

I was asking what it would take to get one of these motors to spin to 14k, thats right. I see what the new bikes can do and how. No reason to re-invent the wheel, I had the idea to try and copy an r6 or other rocket. If it can't be done with RMP, that is fine I will get to my goal some other way.

Call me what you like, there is a reason these bikes commonly sell for less than $1,000 and it's not because they are collectors items (certain modles yes... )

Look at real collectors items, like a 69 camero you can build a new one for parts that are still made today. Why? Cause people want them that bad.

I know what my bike is, and I know what my goals are, and if my goals cannot be made easily I will buy a turbo kit. But I am not foolish enough to think that makes my bike worth something... certainly it will be worth the $125 I paid for it, but it will never be worth 5 grand... cause it's a turd.

If I wanted a rocket ship I would just buy a R6 or R1... I don't I like to have a project.

Many of you seem delusional about what you have in your drive ways. I enjoy the simplicity of my bike, and the fact that almost anything I do to it improves it's performance but I am a realist. Again, to each his own.

a z1 has a lot more class than a played out 69 camaro,everybody and his brother has built on(except me,never caughtthe camaro bug! B) )now a 69 nova would get a lot higher on my personal list of collectable stuff anyway.every year there is a newest fastest production bike going back even before my time,just like every year ronco comes out with a newer faster food processor.so i say it comes down to build what you like cuz youre paying for it and nobody else really matters that way.now back to our program

Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Attachments:

More
15 Nov 2009 12:37 #333887 by PLUMMEN
:laugh:

Attachments:

More
15 Nov 2009 18:46 - 15 Nov 2009 18:48 #333988 by PLUMMEN
not every subject.very seldom do i talk carbs,or painting or tires or coil mods ............... B)though unlike you and your brother when i do talk i usually try and give usefull info about the subject at hand without referring to peoples mommas teeth :laugh:

Last edit: 15 Nov 2009 18:48 by PLUMMEN.

More
15 Nov 2009 18:56 #333992 by PLUMMEN
which brings up the question what actually was the last usefull bit of tech support youve given anybody on here craig? B)

Attachments: