loud pipes save lives

More
19 Jun 2009 07:33 #300558 by Born Dead 2
Replied by Born Dead 2 on topic loud pipes save lives
I like my pipes like I like my women. Straight and loud....:laugh: And with the HD comparison, I think I may have heard this on this board. HD's are like Liberachi (think that's how you spell it). He may have given a great blowjob but I still wouldn't want one".:woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kawickrice
  • User
  • After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
More
19 Jun 2009 08:12 #300571 by Kawickrice
Replied by Kawickrice on topic loud pipes save lives
I pull my baffle to annoy the HD crowd not my neighbors. There is nothing sweeter than an unbaffled Kaw drawing attention from the loud pipe guys in the parking lot. They wish thier shit sounded so good. Now that is priceless.

73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
74 Yamaha RD 350 (My two stroke toy)
77 Kawasaki KZ 650B-1 (My putt around bike)
80 Indian Moped (My American Iron)
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
79 RD 400 Daytona Special
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL

More
19 Jun 2009 20:03 #300798 by will61310
Replied by will61310 on topic loud pipes save lives
WOW, this shit still going on ? :ohmy: Like the energizer bunny it keeps going and going and going and going.. Bottom line is he WILL do whatever he wants with HIS bike whether YOU approve of it or not, I could care less if he sent it to O.C.C. and they made a loud pipe "theme" bike out of it.. To each there own. If we were all the same we would be commies!

...1980 LTD 1000...

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
19 Jun 2009 21:34 #300822 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic loud pipes save lives
commies...oh like jim carrey and bob hope...and felix unger....no way man those guys are bad for democracy.....

your kinda going political there fella....there just may be some comedians on this site and they are gonna be quick to take offense to you poking holes in their cult/religion.....now back to loud pipes.....loud pipes are great at a dessert race track...everywhere else they kill the sport and make problems for motorcycles more involved........when 7 million yearly riders have the other 293 million americans to live with it is kinda like saying shitting in your pants is your own buisness ...then getting on a local bus.....

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
19 Jun 2009 22:07 #300837 by Tedster
Replied by Tedster on topic loud pipes save lives
rtdakota2001 wrote:

ok, just as a safety thing (and because this is America god damnit) i want to get this bike of mine louder. right now its just a stock 1980 KZ1000 shaft. anyway, optimally i would like to just gut the stock mufflers and go with that because its free :D. if that's not possible, anyone have any links for some good lookin pipes that are basically straight through or at least wicked loud? i do A LOT of downtown Chicago riding for work and whatnot ( i have season White Sox tickets) and i already feel that people just DO NOT see me. so, loud pipes might get their attention and increase the likelihood that they will see me, and not kill me. any advice is appreciated guys, and the more links (products, sound clips, etc.) are greatly appreciated. thanks again!

a loud bike here is cool if its a harley,but if its a loud
jap bike all it does here in MI.is draw attention,i guess when i put a 4into1 on my kz1100 i will be drawing attention
LOL.:laugh:

Ted

More
20 Jun 2009 00:37 #300858 by Tony
Replied by Tony on topic loud pipes save lives
trianglelaguna wrote:

commies...oh like jim carrey and bob hope...and felix unger....no way man those guys are bad for democracy.....

felix unger the comedian?.........:laugh: :laugh: ...............:laugh: :laugh:

More
20 Jun 2009 05:10 - 20 Jun 2009 05:11 #300865 by N0NB
Replied by N0NB on topic loud pipes save lives
will61310 wrote:

WOW, this shit still going on ? :ohmy: Like the energizer bunny it keeps going and going and going and going..

The headline of this thread is kind of like a porch light to a crowd of June bugs. :D :D :D

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )
Last edit: 20 Jun 2009 05:11 by N0NB.

More
22 Jun 2009 00:12 #301249 by KawiConvert
Replied by KawiConvert on topic loud pipes save lives
Russ Jackson wrote:

Starting today I am removing the Baffle out of my Kerker. I am also buying 20 female cats and 4 males. I am painting my condo flourecent purple. I will no longer cut my grass. I will not shower more than once a week. I will only use my phone in the speaker mode. I will cook only with Curry. I will start smoking and when my children and friends (if I have any left) are in the car I will roll the windows up. I will change my oil in the Wallmart parking lot over the storm drain. I will also empty my ashtray there. It is my freedom to do this and if others have a problem I really don't care. If they want to discuss ot with me I will be waiting. But they better bring friends or a weapon. I am a bad man with lots of cats. I look and smell pretty bad also. I have a No Fear sticker on my truck as well as a crooked Harley Sticker, and Calvin Pissin on a Ford Logo decal. I also wear OCC glasses 24/7..Good Luck. Bring it...Russ

Living the white trash dream are we?

1978 KZ650 D1 ~ Carb jetting: 107.5 & 20 & 4th groove with pods and 4-1 Exhaust

More
23 Jun 2009 13:07 #301574 by Stormin Norman
Replied by Stormin Norman on topic loud pipes save lives
OK; for the record ,i am a fireman and when we are running code to a scene(lights&sirens) it's amazing how people in cars
still do not realize you are coming.they are distracted by radios, phones and what ever the hell else .but keep in mind the sirens on our Fire Engine face FORWARD.now armed with that info can someone tell me just how loud pipes can help.loud pipes loose rights and we did get legislation here in denver because of this Caveman ideology.if anyone reading this can chime in tell us about your big city and their planning to adopt rules and legislation because of LOUD Pipes... Stormin Norman

More
30 Jun 2009 16:01 #303441 by Jeff.Saunders
Replied by Jeff.Saunders on topic loud pipes save lives
Here's a new press release thru dealer news that will eventually put a damper on noise. It's going to come - esp. in urban areas.

"Law enforcement authorities have a new sound test process that they tout as a more simple, consistent and economical way to gauge the decibel level of an on-road motorcycle.

The J2825 Measurement of Exhaust Sound Pressure Levels of Stationary On-Highway Motorcycles was issued by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) International in May, following what the organization called a "comprehensive" study of a wide variety of on-road bikes. It recommends instrumentation, test site, test conditions, procedures, measurements and sound level limits.

The test procedure, prepared by the SAE Motorcycle Technical Steering Committee, requires holding a calibrated sound meter at a 45-degree angle, 20 inches from the exhaust pipe of a running engine. The procedure recommends how to perform the test with the bike at idle, at a predetermined engine speed (Set RPM Test), or by slowly increasing the engine speed of the bike (Swept RPM Test).

The SAE J2825 standard recommends a decibel limit of 92 dBA at idle for all machines or — using the Set RPM or Swept RPM Test — 100 dBA for three- or four-cylinder machines, and 96 dBA for bikes with fewer than three or more than four cylinders.

The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) says it supports the establishment of the SAE J2825 standard. The creation of the new measurement procedure was a top recommendation of the 2003 National Summit on Motorcycle Sound, an event organized by the AMA to pull together riders and user organizations, representatives of motorcycle manufacturers, the aftermarket industry, racing promoters, government agencies and others to develop proposals regarding the controversial issue of excessive motorcycle sound.

"The motorcycling community and law enforcement have long sought a practical field test for measuring street motorcycle exhaust sound," says Ed Moreland, AMA vice president for government relations. "The J2825 test allows jurisdictions around the nation, struggling with complaints about excessive motorcycle sound, to set reasonable limits in accordance with the SAE standard."

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

More
30 Jun 2009 16:35 #303453 by Pete1958
Replied by Pete1958 on topic loud pipes save lives
I have a SLM from my old days of stereo and will Take some test and post. Might take a few days because of the weather

Lancaster CO Pa 74Z1 75Z1b 76kz900 77kz1000ltd 78kz1000

More
30 Jun 2009 21:17 #303528 by KawiConvert
Replied by KawiConvert on topic loud pipes save lives

I am actually interested to see what you find with the SLM. I haven't used one of those since the days of ensuring that dances and other events weren't out of hand.

1978 KZ650 D1 ~ Carb jetting: 107.5 & 20 & 4th groove with pods and 4-1 Exhaust