KZ900: Value of this bike

More
25 Jan 2016 15:00 - 25 Jan 2016 15:03 #708098 by GregZ
Replied by GregZ on topic KZ900: Value of this bike
$200
assembleld 1975 MC title.
Last edit: 25 Jan 2016 15:03 by GregZ.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
25 Jan 2016 15:51 - 25 Jan 2016 15:55 #708103 by z1kzonly
Replied by z1kzonly on topic KZ900: Value of this bike
That's what you got to do! Cheat, Lie, forge, make up your own receipts or get another title and re-stamp it with a clean one.
I have re-stamped 4-5 bikes in the past 15 years. Old bikes don't bring any attention like Harleys do! State Police will strip and hold Harleys just hoping to find something bogus for months at a time.
Or just start parting it out! Offer it up here. Those CWC cams are Z-4 cams. About a .418 lift I gave away a very nice set 3 years ago for $100 bucks. Because I had no shill bidder team like "OINK" Those cams should have a Z-4 on one of the ends.
Made me go look at some more stuff. I remember using those OLD,"RARE" R.C. Enginering valve lifters With the lightening holes and the solid tops for the shims without the oil groove! Damn! I forgot I had them. Too cold outside to find them all. I will get them and clean them up. Very RARE item! I remember someone asked a question about them a year ago.
If you don't ebay? find a person you know that does. Then part it out!
These are pics of your camshafts here.
And 2 pictures ( bad photos from a phone out in cold garage)of those R.C. ENG. Very Rare valve bucket lifters! Drilled holes, and a solid top with no oil groove. They help from shims spitting out at high RPM's.
Gonna have to send them to ebay. Along with this early 6mm ex stud head. It has a welded stud. Very nice welded, no heli-coil. Tapped out with 6mm thread. So to ramble on!
List those parts for sale here also! Lots of buyers.

Attachment sale11.jpg not found

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Jan 2016 15:55 by z1kzonly. Reason: 2 more pics

More
25 Jan 2016 15:51 - 25 Jan 2016 15:52 #708104 by 750Kruzer
Replied by 750Kruzer on topic KZ900: Value of this bike
I get the impression that OP just wants people to tell him its impossible to title and to part the bike out or be confined to a track which is unfortunate.

1983 KZ750 LTD Twin K1
Last edit: 25 Jan 2016 15:52 by 750Kruzer.

More
25 Jan 2016 16:14 #708106 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic KZ900: Value of this bike
Maybe the uncle from NH will help out? He seems like the last registered owner.

I've titled two different bikes in California that didn't have titles. One bike was never titled from new. There are ways. Easiest thing is to get that last registered owner to sign the lost title form, or at least get his approval for you to sign for him.

More
25 Jan 2016 17:41 #708120 by KZJOE900
Replied by KZJOE900 on topic KZ900: Value of this bike

VMASS wrote:

floivanus wrote: And think about it, if you lived in VT and moved to MA they wouldn't be able to deny the registration process from that state, otherwise you have to basically force the scrapping of nearly every vehicle that comes from that area

There would be nothing to think about, as I would have my valid Vermont registration to present to the MA DMV.

Maybe I didn't explain it correctly. This bike has been in MA for many years, untitled. Are you ready for this, the person I bought the bike from (MA resident) got the bike from a neighbor ( MA resident) who got it from his uncle (NH resident) many years ago. The bike was apparently never titled in MA or registered. Neither of the previous owners want to spend time on this and I agreed to those terms.

So, in all actuality, I am not the legal owner, as far as the paper trail goes. Nor are the other two previous owners, since the proper paperwork was not taken care of when it came into MA.

You are the legal owner. Unless it was stolen. In a lot of these cases the last person on a title is found as having died long ago. Then what do you do? Well, you do the Vermont route. When I did mine, I didn't care who was on the last title. As long as the bike was not reported stolen, then I felt I was the legal owner since I payed for it. I don't think the law would say I'm not. After all, if the owner on the title never intend to give or sell his bike away, then he would have reported stolen. So I didn't care. I wasn't about to try to contact the last owner. I know it was an out of state bike, Wasn't sure which state. Had 20 year old NY plates. But could have been sold and both a couple of times after to different people in different states for all I know. I do know it somehow ended up in Fl. And that is point, Vermont doesn't care either. And that is the key to the title door.

As you said "There would be nothing to think about, as I would have my valid Vermont registration to present to the MA DMV."
Bingo! and that is exactly what you will do once you successfully get it registered with Vermont.

Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450

More
25 Jan 2016 17:42 - 25 Jan 2016 17:46 #708121 by floivanus
Replied by floivanus on topic KZ900: Value of this bike
Like I said, I consider the person I bought it from 'last owner' and do my process from there. They really don't care (any state really) they just want the paperwork.

Legally title is possession of the item, you need a certificate

my bikes; 80kz1000(project), 77 gl1000, 74 h2 (project)
Past; 78 kz1000, 83 kz550
Andrew
Last edit: 25 Jan 2016 17:46 by floivanus.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
25 Jan 2016 18:00 #708125 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic KZ900: Value of this bike

750Kruzer wrote: I get the impression that OP just wants people to tell him its impossible to title and to part the bike out or be confined to a track which is unfortunate.

Parting out a bike is a PITA unless you're into that kind of thing. :whistle:
Steve

More
26 Jan 2016 00:52 - 26 Jan 2016 03:53 #708150 by Rockranch
Replied by Rockranch on topic KZ900: Value of this bike
Sometimes in a case like this it comes time to say enough is enough is enough. Find a compatable frame from a salvage dealer, or anyone with too many back burner projects, with pertinent paperwork. A good straight undamaged bare frame isn't hard to find. Hell I have a '77 1000'A' frame I wld love to find a good home for. Take a weekend and do the simple 'swap'. Might need a buddy to help ya with the motor. You cld swap every part from 1 bike to another in one day if you wanted. Then sweep your damm headache frame under the rug...problem solved. Same exact bike...NO headache! (Oh, and you can even legally ride this one!) YAAAAAAY-no more headache!!! :) Just a bit of food for thought...Vroom-vroom!...................................Mike

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1-all stock low mileage...
1 modified
1977 KZ1000 (awaiting resurrection!) :)
...and an old school Honda CB750 Chopper is next on my bucket list!

Oh...and a Pocket Rocket lol!!!
Last edit: 26 Jan 2016 03:53 by Rockranch. Reason: unf

More
26 Jan 2016 04:01 - 26 Jan 2016 04:02 #708161 by floivanus
Replied by floivanus on topic KZ900: Value of this bike
Guy has had it for 4 or 5 days, I doubt a trip to the dMV or even a call to VT has happened yet.

Frame in question has been braced up, maybe even raked, and changing parts over is more of a pain than writing a few letters, asking questions or going the VT route. I have not had trouble titling a no title vehicle, I've done 20 or so, cars and bikes, and helped other people out too. It is possible in nearly every state, you just have to do some digging.

my bikes; 80kz1000(project), 77 gl1000, 74 h2 (project)
Past; 78 kz1000, 83 kz550
Andrew
Last edit: 26 Jan 2016 04:02 by floivanus.

More
26 Jan 2016 04:20 - 26 Jan 2016 04:31 #708172 by VMASS
Replied by VMASS on topic KZ900: Value of this bike
Thanks for all the help and comments. I have the VIN in the hands of an LEO and hope to hear the results of his work within a couple of days. If I hear all is clear, I will go to step two.

Parting this bike is not my preferred option, it is really not what I like to spend my limited spare time on. I enjoy resurrecting bikes that have been idle for many years. This is just a hobby of mine that on occasion, takes me away from my everyday business life. With that said, on a couple of occasions I have jumped on bikes that I probably should not have, due to my limited time. However, I do seem to have a keen eye for picking bikes and sometimes parts that even if things don’t go as I originally planned, I can still end up in the black. This is a hobby that can easily pay for itself.

So, I am working on the title issue but will only spend a certain amount of time on doing so.

Here is a few bikes I have resurrected:
[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG
Last edit: 26 Jan 2016 04:31 by VMASS.

More
26 Jan 2016 04:21 #708173 by Rockranch
Apparently U missed the intended point flo. Only intended as a simple option if all else fails. And only a few basic wrenches, sockets and a torque wrench is needed, which is in everyone's garage anyway. As for being a 'pita' to swap parts from one compatible frame to another?...ROFL how hard is that?...nothing hard about that whatsoever. Only a very easy and doable option to ponder, not a suggestion..........................Vroom-vroom!!!............................Mike

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1 modified

More
26 Jan 2016 04:24 #708176 by Rockranch

VMASS wrote: Thanks for all the help and comments. I have the VIN in the hands of an LEO and hope to hear the results of his work within a couple of days. If I hear all is clear, I will go to step two.

Parting this bike is not my preferred option, it is really not what I like to spend my limited spare time on. I enjoy resurrecting bikes that have been idle for many years. This is just a hobby of mine that on occasion, takes me away from my everyday business life. With that said, on a couple of occasions I have jumped on bikes that I probably should not have, due to my limited time. However, I do seem to have a keen eye for picking bikes and sometimes parts that even if things don’t go as I originally planned, I can still put me in the black. T

So, I am working on the title issue but will only spend a certain amount of time doing so.

Thanks for all the help and comments. I have the VIN in the hands of an LEO and hope to hear the results of his work within a couple of days. If I hear all is clear, I will go to step two.

Parting this bike is not my preferred option, it is really not what I like to spend my limited spare time on. I enjoy resurrecting bikes that have been idle for many years. This is just a hobby of mine that on occasion, takes me away from my everyday business life. With that said, on a couple of occasions I have jumped on bikes that I probably should not have, due to my limited time. However, I do seem to have a keen eye for picking bikes and sometimes parts that even if things don’t go as I originally planned, I can still end up in the black. This is a hobby that can easily pay for itself.

So, I am working on the title issue but will only spend a certain amount of time on doing so.

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

AWESOME VMASS!!! Nice ones! Keep up the good work and best of luck with this one! ...................................Mike

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1 modified