anyone here have a bike that runs?rode this month?

More
20 Nov 2011 02:28 #489299 by 79MKII
All of my KZ's seem to love the cool weather too....they just seem to run a little better. The fall is great for riding...you can wear all your gear and not be too hot, and we get all the great colors too. Too bad all that snow has to come and ruin it all. :angry:

The Kaw List:
Current: 79 KZ1000 A3 MKII, 78 KZ1000 A2, 78 KZ1000 Z1-R, 78 KZ650 SR, 80 KE175
Former: 03 KLX400SR, 99 ZRX1000, 82 KZ750 LTD, 80 KZ1000 A4 MKII, 80 KZ1000 LTD, 78 KZ1000 A2, 74 H-2 750 Triple, 78 KL250

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
20 Nov 2011 12:23 #489330 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic anyone here have a bike that runs?rode this month?
mine will be rain...i debate a rain suit this year.... www.eldoradocountyweather.com/californiaannualprecip.html

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
24 Nov 2011 21:10 - 24 Nov 2011 21:22 #490051 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic anyone here have a bike that runs?rode this month?
fictional story i was told by a friend about a friends co-workers brother in laws friend who has a kawi 1000

had the cherries come on going the other way , the kawi was around 95-105....many many many years since i pulled the trigger..but this was too much mph to stick around and chat about imo....but then...there was a turn around,,,, and i needed to get to back to work....once committed.... one must focus and leave all reason at the doorway...there really is no turning back once you go for it......one mistake and you are gonna go down hard .........and get cuffed too...lose the bike and go to the ole pokey to be beaten and spoken rough to........near made three dicey ones @ over or near the ton....i know what a crown vic and a mad mad man have planned for a runner, and a crash and beating was was on the bill....happy thanksgiving

i will not run...
i will not run...

i will not run....dunce cap...

i remember a few times over the years getting the stick for nothing.... after the ticket was written and pleasant words exchanged....thinking...ok...this time....

man...been many years.....sliding sideways at 80 onto side streets...with oncoming and cross traffic...lights be dammed....made it back to work early :sick: :sick: :blush: :dry:

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Last edit: 24 Nov 2011 21:22 by trianglelaguna.

More
24 Nov 2011 23:14 #490058 by boatdrinks
Rode to Thanksgiving dinner today.

Charles
Madison, AL
1978 KZ650 B2A, Luminous Dark Blue

• ready2ryde1985
  • User
  • got to love these kzs
More
25 Nov 2011 05:33 #490080 by ready2ryde1985
Replied by ready2ryde1985 on topic anyone here have a bike that runs?rode this month?
me to !!!!

84 kz 700 a1
82 kz550 ltd

More
25 Nov 2011 10:45 #490084 by 650ed

trianglelaguna wrote: fictional story i was told by a friend about a friends co-workers brother in laws friend who has a kawi 1000

had the cherries come on going the other way , the kawi was around 95-105....many many many years since i pulled the trigger..but this was too much mph to stick around and chat about imo....but then...there was a turn around,,,, and i needed to get to back to work....once committed.... one must focus and leave all reason at the doorway...there really is no turning back once you go for it......one mistake and you are gonna go down hard .........and get cuffed too...lose the bike and go to the ole pokey to be beaten and spoken rough to........near made three dicey ones @ over or near the ton....i know what a crown vic and a mad mad man have planned for a runner, and a crash and beating was was on the bill....happy thanksgiving

i will not run...
i will not run...

i will not run....dunce cap...

i remember a few times over the years getting the stick for nothing.... after the ticket was written and pleasant words exchanged....thinking...ok...this time....

man...been many years.....sliding sideways at 80 onto side streets...with oncoming and cross traffic...lights be dammed....made it back to work early :sick: :sick: :blush: :dry:

Non-fiction……….Many moons ago on my blue BSA… 16yo on driver’s probation for way too many speeding tickets; drag racing at night on very dark street against best friend in his 348 Chevy. Cop lights up behind us; friend goes straight, I turn at 1st street. Cop screws up and chases me instead of friend. I blast through red light in small community and as I pass bowling alley 2nd cop joins in after close call with 1st cop. (Note to self, stay away from bowling alley). Further down the road as I pass Chinese restaurant 3rd cop joins chase (note to self, no more Chinese food for 1 year). Small roads and lots of turns have helped me so far, but now I hit short highway. No problem, these 3 county cops won’t chase me once I hit Balto. City limit (wanna bet?) As I cross RR bridge hill I kill lights and hang hairpin right. Cops see this too late and pass by. Whew! Safe! When I get home friend is sitting in car by house. He was going to give me 5 more minutes before telling my parents I had been arrested or killed. Paint bike bright yellow next morning and vow never to run again! Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
25 Nov 2011 11:30 #490090 by boatdrinks
Great story Ed!

My only run in with the law on a bike was when my buddy who had a triple 500 at the time and me on my 81 KZ550 were out riding one night. We stopped at a red light right next to some guy on a Honda of some sort. We all started revving engines as if taunting each other for a race. When the light turned green me and my passenger tore out. Next thing I know a state trooper is behind me with his lights on. I did not run. We pulled over and the trooper gets out and gives the bike a good looking over and proceeds to writing me a ticket for wreckless driving. Fine was $150.00 as I recall.

This did not teach me to not drag race, it taught me to check all the surrounding parking lots for state troopers lying in wait.

Charles
Madison, AL
1978 KZ650 B2A, Luminous Dark Blue

More
25 Nov 2011 22:50 #490145 by JEFFG1
i rode today black friday great weather here in ohio 62 today. i will say it felt good to be out there. :woohoo:

1976 KZ 900 PRO STREET 1977 kz1000 dragbike project

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
29 Nov 2011 21:51 #490731 by trianglelaguna
carbs love 45-50 * and filters and old 26 mm...choke for a few miles a tad....first stop light....pop off choke 200 ft early and bump em back onto circuits.....1100 rpm and purrs....slight ticking...kz.. :laugh: ..they idle like 76...clean low end pulls through 5th at the light going green...short shift into the morning....love these 35 yr old valve seats

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• Rainman
  • Sustaining Member
  • and a little Kaw shall lead them
More
29 Nov 2011 23:41 #490764 by Rainman
Rode to work today, 32.5F this AM, getting ready to leave now 32.0F.
Dry roads and proper gear is priceless. Get my choice of motorcycle parking spots.

80 KZ750 H1 - the Kaw calf
79 KZ750 Twin - Miss Nov 2008 KZR calander
79 KZ750 Twin parts bike
78 KZ650 C2 Parts Bike
75 KZ400 Wife's old bike sold
81 KZ440 A2 LTD Wife's new bike
84 Honda 450 Rebel Wife's newest bike
Jim
Quincy,IL

More
01 Dec 2011 18:26 #491005 by hoghaterkaw
Replied by hoghaterkaw on topic anyone here have a bike that runs?rode this month?

trianglelaguna wrote: i got an idea...lets have a website for folks who actually ride kawasakis ....we could name it after those riders...heck....lets go out on a limb...we could even have the word rider in the fucking name...

why not...it might be fun

then folks who actually know how to put the fucking bike in gear and are at least smart enough to be able to to not crash once a year..those guys.....the ones who came to this like ducks to water...the true riders...the ones who tore these things into the ground when it was still fucking fun...in first place...those folks...you know the kz.....rider types...the ones who own a fucking bike that runs

lets have a section for their posts ...a new section maybe we could call it...only post if you ride the fucking bike topic...

oh by the way...the guy in the picture is asking the other guy why his bike wont start...the other guy says you need to spend some more money...see the answer ...

This is a huge overreach. What were you thinking? This is KZR after all......

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
02 Dec 2011 22:38 #491185 by trianglelaguna
oh you got paroled again

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife