What's the attraction to V Twins?

More
22 Sep 2008 13:57 #238219 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic What's the attraction to V Twins?
KZCSI wrote:

Locozuna wrote:

They are out to sell bikes... period. The market shows them where to go.

Sheep! BAAH! BAAH! BAAAAH!:S

There's no way that bike can compete with an 1800 GoldWing. MaKaw will continue to fill their small assigned market share with this one, nothing more.

You know, I believe that MaKaw is afraid to go head to head with Honda's Wing.

Oh well I suppose they know their place in the market.

KZCSI

So I guess what you're bleating about is a successful company not seeing things your way? I have to guess they crunched the numbers and did the research and decided to go different to your philosophy. It looks like they ARE going head to head with other dressed tourers. Hey I have two wings and absolutely love them. Does not take away the fact that I would love a big twin ship. I have rode a drifter and was pretty impressed. But to just write them off. Folly. One more thing is I like the older standard wings. Not too much into the six bangers. I just don't need it. I really don't think KAW is afraid to go against the wing...it looks like they still are in competition but they know when to bet or fold. I don't think they folded in fact I think they have a big hand. Different perspective

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• KZQ
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Walking Behind the Corn May Not Be All That!
More
22 Sep 2008 17:26 #238243 by KZQ
Replied by KZQ on topic What's the attraction to V Twins?
KZCSI wrote:

Locozuna wrote:

They are out to sell bikes... period. The market shows them where to go.

Sheep! BAAH! BAAH! BAAAAH!:S

There's no way that bike can compete with an 1800 GoldWing. MaKaw will continue to fill their small assigned market share with this one, nothing more.

You know, I believe that MaKaw is afraid to go head to head with Honda's Wing.

Oh well I suppose they know their place in the market.

KZCSI

www.KZ1300.com
Riders:
1968 BSA 441 Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 W3, 1976 KZ900, 1979 KZ750 Twin, 1979 KZ750 Twin Trike, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 2000 Valkyrie, 2009 Yamaha Roadliner S. 1983 GL 1100
Projects:
1985 ZN1300

• H2RICK
  • User
  • Is this a fun bike, or what!!!
More
24 Sep 2008 08:01 #238455 by H2RICK
Replied by H2RICK on topic What's the attraction to V Twins?

One more thing is I like the older standard wings.

Agreed, Locozuna. If I EVER had the sudden impulse to own a 2 wheeled land-yacht, I'd go with the nekkid '84 Wing, the very last of the naked Wings and the first year of the 1200.
I know 2 guys who have them, one in the factory black with gold stripes amd the other in the factory metallic maroon with red/gold stripes. What amazes me about both these bikes is that you can go for years and years and never see a factory-naked Wing, never mind the 1200 version.....and we have 2 in Cowtown !! They both have original paint and both are well looked after. I told the guy with the black/gold one if he ever wants to sell it to give me a call.....and I don't even like black bikes. There's just something about that particular one that speaks to some inner atavistic urge.....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

KZ650C2 Stock/mint. Goes by "Ace".
H2A Built from a genuine basket case. Yes,it's a hot rod.
GT550A Stock/mint. Pleasant stroker.
2006 Bandit 1200S for easy LD rapid transit
Various H2 projects in the wings.

• Scrapper
  • User
  • I Survived P.D. Fri .the 13th 2008 .
More
28 Sep 2008 08:23 #239039 by Scrapper
Replied by Scrapper on topic What's the attraction to V Twins?
Whats the attraction to V twins ?
Come on ya gotta like this It was a dream of mine to own and ride 1947 Indian Chief of couse with out the trunk

Handle every situation like a dog,
If you can't eat it or hump it,
Piss on it and walk away!
Attachments:

More
28 Sep 2008 11:37 - 28 Sep 2008 11:42 #239085 by Beatpoet
Replied by Beatpoet on topic What's the attraction to V Twins?
I think I just puked in my mouth a little.

The Voyager used to be a straight-six, one of the best performing engines on one of the best bikes of the era.

KZCSI wrote:

It's still going on!:angry:

Check out what Ma Kaw has put out as the new Voyager!:S

www.kawasaki.com/Products/Detail.aspx?id=379

I'd of thought that they could have gone their own way but NO! It even has a belt drive!

Can you say HurleySaki?

KZCSI

Last edit: 28 Sep 2008 11:42 by Beatpoet.

More
28 Sep 2008 17:07 - 28 Sep 2008 17:10 #239111 by 2 stroker
Replied by 2 stroker on topic What's the attraction to V Twins?
labels and categories ...harley guys are dirt bags or wannebe bad asses....gold wing guys are just nappin on the sofa...bmw guys are snobs...and the vintage j bike crowd are just into them because it is all they can afford..

then there are some interesting sub classes... iron top sporty guys dont like the alloy bikes....flathead,knuck,pan and shovel guys dont like the evo or twinkie posers...

KAWASAKI H2 is THE widowmaker and anything less is somehow not deserving,unless it is an S1 because power to size....this guys a hack.. that guys a hack..Bill Wirges pipes are not worth picking up off the highway

yamaha d/r/rd 250/350 guys are tightwads but the 400 guys are okay....this guys a hack.. that guys a hack...DG pipes are lame....

there is not enough midol in the medicine cabinet of the motorcylcle world to help people get over this shit. so I just ride the shit out of my bikes when I can and help a brother out when I am able.

I will never forget the time when I stopped for gas and found 16 orange ear plugs floating in the tank of my Kawaski H1D:laugh: so if you want to piss off society in general wind out a two stroke!!!!:laugh:

1965 suzuki s32 150 twin
1972 yamaha ls2 100 twin
1980 suzuki gs 550 rat cafe project
1981 kawi 550A1 hooligan bike project
1981 kawi kz 750 ltd
1998 yamaha yzinger
Last edit: 28 Sep 2008 17:10 by 2 stroker.

More
28 Sep 2008 20:40 #239147 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic What's the attraction to V Twins?
saxjonz wrote:

Z1109R Fin wrote:

saxjonz wrote:

Z1109R Fin wrote:

saxjonz wrote:

Z1109R Fin wrote:

Who says BMW ain´t a fun bike? :laugh:

bmwfinlandpinter01.ergointegration.no/mc...r/default.asp?id=884

Just ride, guys and gals, just ride;)

I have to say that those riders on bmws loo G A Y image and substance which is heavier?

Sorry, me no understando. Please say again english lingo:P

OK Let me translate from the german accent. They look GAY.

:lol:
:lol: :silly: :kiss: B)
Oh, now I see. Yes, they look very happy indeed;)

Maybe this will tell ya more:

www.bmwmotorcycles.com/etc/news.jsp?labe...21_stunt_team_europe

:lol: :silly: :kiss:

i guess those guys needed something to ride on the way to the trials riding competition !:blink: those boys are good,i was never even close to that god on my best day when i was young and brave!:blush: :laugh: B) B) B) B) B)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
28 Sep 2008 20:47 #239150 by PLUMMEN
2 stroker wrote:

labels and categories ...harley guys are dirt bags or wannebe bad asses....gold wing guys are just nappin on the sofa...bmw guys are snobs...and the vintage j bike crowd are just into them because it is all they can afford..

then there are some interesting sub classes... iron top sporty guys dont like the alloy bikes....flathead,knuck,pan and shovel guys dont like the evo or twinkie posers...

KAWASAKI H2 is THE widowmaker and anything less is somehow not deserving,unless it is an S1 because power to size....this guys a hack.. that guys a hack..Bill Wirges pipes are not worth picking up off the highway

yamaha d/r/rd 250/350 guys are tightwads but the 400 guys are okay....this guys a hack.. that guys a hack...DG pipes are lame....

there is not enough midol in the medicine cabinet of the motorcylcle world to help people get over this shit. so I just ride the shit out of my bikes when I can and help a brother out when I am able.

I will never forget the time when I stopped for gas and found 16 orange ear plugs floating in the tank of my Kawaski H1D:laugh: so if you want to piss off society in general wind out a two stroke!!!!:laugh:

i can afford to ride /build anything i want,i just happen to like early to late 70s big bore japanese bikes,h2s and certain harleys,55 chevys ,model A fords,60s corvettes,old trucks ......... not enough hours in the day to finish what ive already started on let alone worry about what some short @@@@ who doesnt have a clue how what he has works !:laugh:

More
29 Sep 2008 06:13 #239187 by 2 stroker
Replied by 2 stroker on topic What's the attraction to V Twins?
PLUMMEN wrote:

2 stroker wrote:

i can afford to ride /build anything i want,i just happen to like early to late 70s big bore japanese bikes,h2s and certain harleys,55 chevys ,model A fords,60s corvettes,old trucks ......... not enough hours in the day to finish what ive already started on let alone worry about what some short @@@@ who doesnt have a clue how what he has works !:laugh:

please dont misunderstand me,those are some of the ones I have heard most often, I rode XLCH sportys for years and heard all kinds of crap,now that I into the old japanese bikes I still here all kinds of crap,one of my favorites being the vintage bike thing about not being able to afford anything else...hellI cant even afford these.:laugh:

1965 suzuki s32 150 twin
1972 yamaha ls2 100 twin
1980 suzuki gs 550 rat cafe project
1981 kawi 550A1 hooligan bike project
1981 kawi kz 750 ltd
1998 yamaha yzinger

More
29 Sep 2008 07:33 #239190 by PLUMMEN
no i wasnt referring to you i was talking about the idiots who buy a bike and trailer it to sturgis and park it,then bring it home and sell it a week later!:laugh: these are the same mindless zombies who made the occ shmucks rich,they dont have a clue how a motor works but they can call everybody elses stuff junk.;) those are the short @@@@s i was referring to,better yet are the ones who have never owned or ridden a bike but they have every shirt or accesory that occ or harley has ever made that you can wear !:laugh: ive learned over the years to just ignore most of them because as Ron White says:you cant fix stupid!:woohoo:

More
29 Sep 2008 07:58 #239197 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic What's the attraction to V Twins?
PLUMMEN wrote:

... those are the short @@@@s i was referring to....

[Click on image for disgustingly larger view]

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

More
29 Sep 2008 18:45 #239312 by PLUMMEN
Patton wrote:

PLUMMEN wrote:

... those are the short @@@@s i was referring to....

[Click on image for disgustingly larger view]

hes right beside you to your right!:woohoo: