motion pro sync tool,

More
04 Sep 2010 13:43 #396080 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic motion pro sync tool,
IN using both the one thing that sucked with the analog gauges I had difficulties with is the dampner plastic valves...

To get the needles to stabalize w/in 2cm deflection then lost the vaccum pressure... Nowe if they had inline dampners like the Morgan units do, probably would work just fine...

Same time, I'll stick with my Morgan unit... spot on, accurate and easy to use...

Just my 2 cents worth...

OMR

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2010 15:19 - 13 Feb 2012 19:35 #396093 by KZ250LTD
Replied by KZ250LTD on topic .

79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.
Last edit: 13 Feb 2012 19:35 by KZ250LTD.

• TeK9iNe
  • User
  • What did you do!?!
More
08 Sep 2010 07:36 - 08 Sep 2010 07:39 #397013 by TeK9iNe
Replied by TeK9iNe on topic motion pro sync tool,
Old Man Rock wrote:

Stone relax for the colortune does exactly what it's supposed to accomplish... Allows you to see in the chamber during ignition state of operations...

Tek somewhat surprised by that statement for in another posting just the other day you mentioned you use it more frequently now... Ah well....

Either way, stone, follow the 3 Color tune adjustments as depicted in their color chart and it will work out just fine in tuning your carbs.... ABle to see in the chamber for tuning informs you Rich/Lean operations...

Also a good tool to have in troubleshooting your carbs...;)

I use both products on my KZ and have had no issues with either of them... If it truly was junk, wouldn't promote it....;)

OMR

I do use the colortune alot now that I have figured it out completely, it was deffinately a good purchase for quick diagnostic of pilot/mixture running conditions.
You know somethings wron right away with that tool, no guessing/listening required. Its awsome for tuning pods.
It could have been cheaper though...
It was KZ250LTD that said not 100% about it, after quoting my post :)

The carbtune occasionally will stick in very cool weather, but a simple blip of the throttle and it continues working fine. This is explained in the instructions as it is a very sensative instrument and requires occasional input to bump the rods and get them "floating" again. this happens very rarely, and is never an issue. balancing carbs only takes 2 minutes for most.

Cheers!

B)

Motorcycle Shop Owner/Operator

79 Kawie Z1000 LTD
81 Kawie Z1000 CSR
83 Honda VT750C A
85 Kawie GPZ900 A2
86 Zukie GS1150 EG
93 Yamie XV1100 E
Lucky to have rolled many old bikes through my doors ;)
Last edit: 08 Sep 2010 07:39 by TeK9iNe.

More
08 Sep 2010 11:28 #397039 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic motion pro sync tool,
I did a pretty in-depth study of mercury sync tools. You should definitely replace the plastic restrictors with metal ones. It doesn't seem possible, but the plastic restrictors can actually alter the reading.

Haven't tried the non-mercury types. As long as you have enough mercury, the mercury sticks work about as good as anything can (at registering relative vacuum, not necessarily at balancing cylinder power per cycle).

Here is the giant opus link (many have probably seen this before):
home.comcast.net/~loudgpz/GPZweb/Manomet.../ManometerNotes.html

• seanbarney41
  • User
  • '79 kz1000 LTD '75 Honda CB750
More
08 Sep 2010 15:32 #397074 by seanbarney41
Replied by seanbarney41 on topic motion pro sync tool,
Holy smokes Loudhvx...thats some shxx, anyone ever tried to build their own manometer as described in the Cb750 Clymer manual? It involves lots of soldering brass tubes to baby food jar lids, plywood, tubeing, and if you are as meticulous as I am(not meticulous at all!), probably has to be worse than the new motion pro tool.

More
08 Sep 2010 18:32 #397116 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic motion pro sync tool,
There are several members here who made their own and reported success, but I don't have a link handy.

They were mostly very simple with vinyl tubing with trans fluid inside. The tubing was attached to a board and a piece of metal was used to pinch the middle down to form a restrictor.