motion pro sync tool,

• CoreyClough
  • User
  • GPz550 Addiction
More
22 Aug 2010 07:56 - 22 Aug 2010 08:05 #392944 by CoreyClough
Replied by CoreyClough on topic motion pro sync tool,
This are my opinions/suggestions.

I have used my Motion Pro New Sync Tool on several bikes, and haven't had any issues. I have read the instructions many times, and eventhough it migh seem more involved, it's far safer than the mercury gauges I had in the past.

If you look at you rack of carbs, there should one carb that's not adjustable, meaning the adjuster mechanism will be adjusting the carb next to it instead. Usually this is #2 or #3 Carb. The main reason for starting with the non-adjustable carb is because once all of the lines are connected, you can adjust the other carbs to match, and if this one is initially too high, there's othing you can do, but watch the fluid rise too high.

A little advice from my experience with the newer Sync Pro:
1. +2 on the Bench Sync, and Adjust Valves prior to using this or any other tool.
2. Engine should be warm.
3. Only adjust at idle or a little above that.
3. Revving the engine via the throttle may suck fluid too high.
4. I set the initial fluid lever to about 1/4(no more than 1/3) of the total possible fluid height.
5. Close the front adjusting chambers off after you're finished using the tool, all the way up.
6. Plug the ends of the hoses after using, to keep moisture out.

The unit is completely rebuildable, and a lot safer that mercury. Every vacuum tool will eventually get moisture in it, and throw off the accuracy.

No more Mercury, and no more lead anything being sold in California. This will be headed your way in the future.

Hope this has helped, if not, Stonemaster, e-mail me and I can talk you through it over the phone some day.

'85 GPz550(ZX550-A2)

GPz550 Base Manual --> tinyurl.com/ze5b3qo
GPz550 Supplement Manual --> tinyurl.com/h34d2o6
GPz550.com --> www.nwsca.com/scripts/gpz_forum_2005/default.asp
First Race Win GPz550 --> tinyurl.com/o5y3ftp
Last edit: 22 Aug 2010 08:05 by CoreyClough.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TeK9iNe
  • User
  • What did you do!?!
More
22 Aug 2010 08:17 #392952 by TeK9iNe
Replied by TeK9iNe on topic motion pro sync tool,

... no mercury... flawless!!

B)

Motorcycle Shop Owner/Operator

79 Kawie Z1000 LTD
81 Kawie Z1000 CSR
83 Honda VT750C A
85 Kawie GPZ900 A2
86 Zukie GS1150 EG
93 Yamie XV1100 E
Lucky to have rolled many old bikes through my doors ;)
Attachments:

• stonemaster
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
22 Aug 2010 08:29 #392953 by stonemaster
Replied by stonemaster on topic motion pro sync tool,
CoreyClough wrote:

This are my opinions/suggestions.

I have used my Motion Pro New Sync Tool on several bikes, and haven't had any issues. I have read the instructions many times, and eventhough it migh seem more involved, it's far safer than the mercury gauges I had in the past.

If you look at you rack of carbs, there should one carb that's not adjustable, meaning the adjuster mechanism will be adjusting the carb next to it instead. Usually this is #2 or #3 Carb. The main reason for starting with the non-adjustable carb is because once all of the lines are connected, you can adjust the other carbs to match, and if this one is initially too high, there's othing you can do, but watch the fluid rise too high.

A little advice from my experience with the newer Sync Pro:
1. +2 on the Bench Sync, and Adjust Valves prior to using this or any other tool.
2. Engine should be warm.
3. Only adjust at idle or a little above that.
3. Revving the engine via the throttle may suck fluid too high.
4. I set the initial fluid lever to about 1/4(no more than 1/3) of the total possible fluid height.
5. Close the front adjusting chambers off after you're finished using the tool, all the way up.
6. Plug the ends of the hoses after using, to keep moisture out.

The unit is completely rebuildable, and a lot safer that mercury. Every vacuum tool will eventually get moisture in it, and throw off the accuracy.

No more Mercury, and no more lead anything being sold in California. This will be headed your way in the future.

Hope this has helped, if not, Stonemaster, e-mail me and I can talk you through it over the phone some day.

thanx, i do not have a non-adjustable carb, however, I still can get all the fliud to return down, almost though, I wish I had purchased a different tool but if i can make it work with my bike I will use it

• stonemaster
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
22 Aug 2010 08:29 #392954 by stonemaster
TeK9iNe wrote:

B)

I read negative reviews of those as well

• stonemaster
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
03 Sep 2010 18:50 #395928 by stonemaster
RonKZ650 wrote:

The old Motion Pro carbstix with mercury worked fine, the new garbage without mercury is junk.
The way it works is there are a restrictor placed in each line, and when I say restrictor, I'm not kidding. The restrictor reduces a 3/16" rubber line to about the diameter of a hair. Now I saw that and said "NO WAY", this hair passage will always be blocked. I went to calibrate the tool and it worked ok in a Chinese kind of rig type way. Two weeks later I go upstairs to get the tool, (oh yea, can't let it get cold so no keeping this delicate tool in the garage with the rest), get the tool out and of course 2 of the 4 restrictors are clogged so I try to blow compressed air through them. Kind of hard to blow compressed air through a hair passage. All the time the glycol would not settle so shake the tool as instructed. All this does is knock all the adapters on the dirt and still glycol will not settle, so I try to blow in the lines which always worked on the old tool. Well the tool is ruined now. Motion Pro sends me a new one and deja vu. I have no patience for a tool that is a piece of sheet, and they don't get any more piece of sheet than this tool.

you can replace with mercury I found this site that has the old tool and the replacement mercury as well

www.moto-services.net/products.php?cat=25&pg=15

• TeK9iNe
  • User
  • What did you do!?!
More
03 Sep 2010 19:46 #395939 by TeK9iNe
Replied by TeK9iNe on topic motion pro sync tool,
stonemaster wrote:

TeK9iNe wrote:

B)

I'd be interested in any bad reviews about this tool. :huh: I couldnt seem to find any on other forums where the user wasnt just an idiot and ended up getting it right later by turning a mixuter screw or sealing up an air leak.
That's what prompted me to make the purchase, and also the awsome support from Morgan and thier model guides section.

I do know these things have worked very consistantly on everything upside down/sideways, dropped (numerous times :laugh: )and half melted, still going.

...opinions... :P

B)

Motorcycle Shop Owner/Operator

79 Kawie Z1000 LTD
81 Kawie Z1000 CSR
83 Honda VT750C A
85 Kawie GPZ900 A2
86 Zukie GS1150 EG
93 Yamie XV1100 E
Lucky to have rolled many old bikes through my doors ;)

• stonemaster
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
03 Sep 2010 21:02 #395975 by stonemaster
I had read the rods bind up and a couple of other issues, but I never owned one, the mercury stick i have never read a bad one on, I guess I'll find out soon enough, I ordered one from saber cycle and will probably convert t the other with the mercury replacement fluid instead of the propylene glycol crap, I was gonna sell it as is but in good conscience I really couldnt unless ...

More
03 Sep 2010 23:08 - 13 Feb 2012 19:35 #396006 by KZ250LTD
Replied by KZ250LTD on topic .

79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.
Last edit: 13 Feb 2012 19:35 by KZ250LTD.

• stonemaster
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
04 Sep 2010 05:42 #396015 by stonemaster
KZ250LTD wrote:

TeK9iNe wrote:

stonemaster wrote:

TeK9iNe wrote:

B)

I'd be interested in any bad reviews about this tool. :huh: I couldnt seem to find any on other forums where the user wasnt just an idiot and ended up getting it right later by turning a mixuter screw or sealing up an air leak.
That's what prompted me to make the purchase, and also the awsome support from Morgan and thier model guides section.

I do know these things have worked very consistantly on everything upside down/sideways, dropped (numerous times :laugh: )and half melted, still going.

...opinions... :P

B)

Mine has worked flawlessly since I've owned it on various bikes of various capacities and # of cylinders.

The colortune is the purchase I'm not so 100% positive about...

oh great, see thats what I'm talkin about, I got a colortune as well, havent opened it yet but now ...

everyone says Oh they're great , but now Issues ???? same with the carb sticks ... Motion Pro w glycol sucks, period that i KNOW. I will make it work with some bastardization (one of my specialties)
but now the Colortune ....$@#% !!!,

More
04 Sep 2010 07:12 #396025 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic motion pro sync tool,
Stone relax for the colortune does exactly what it's supposed to accomplish... Allows you to see in the chamber during ignition state of operations...

Tek somewhat surprised by that statement for in another posting just the other day you mentioned you use it more frequently now... Ah well....

Either way, stone, follow the 3 Color tune adjustments as depicted in their color chart and it will work out just fine in tuning your carbs.... ABle to see in the chamber for tuning informs you Rich/Lean operations...

Also a good tool to have in troubleshooting your carbs...;)

I use both products on my KZ and have had no issues with either of them... If it truly was junk, wouldn't promote it....;)

OMR

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

• stonemaster
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
04 Sep 2010 12:44 #396071 by stonemaster
Old Man Rock wrote:

Stone relax for the colortune does exactly what it's supposed to accomplish... Allows you to see in the chamber during ignition state of operations...

Tek somewhat surprised by that statement for in another posting just the other day you mentioned you use it more frequently now... Ah well....

Either way, stone, follow the 3 Color tune adjustments as depicted in their color chart and it will work out just fine in tuning your carbs.... ABle to see in the chamber for tuning informs you Rich/Lean operations...

Also a good tool to have in troubleshooting your carbs...;)

I use both products on my KZ and have had no issues with either of them... If it truly was junk, wouldn't promote it....;)

OMR

I havent used it the colortune) yet, I am just a bit frustrated. Hey I'm married I can take it. Thanx for your support.

More
04 Sep 2010 13:35 #396077 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic motion pro sync tool,
got a set like these someplace,bought from jc whitney years ago! dont laugh,they actually work good :laugh:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Attachments: