what do i need to hit 100 whp?

• cherokeekid58
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
13 Feb 2013 00:51 #572186 by cherokeekid58
Replied by cherokeekid58 on topic what do i need to hit 100 whp?
Question. How often or at what milage do the cam chains need to be replaced? I took my valve cover off and the chain was loose enought to move by hand. Im thinking the tensioner is shot. Also i have to replace my head gasket an i was just wondering how deep i should get into re building it since it ran great last summer. I just dont wanna screw it up.

Cheers
Jason

Hahaha and i thought my JEEP addiction was bad; my Kz addiction is just as bad!!!

www.kzrider.com/filebase/cat_view/102-1982 ,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2013 01:13 #572193 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic what do i need to hit 100 whp?
Unless your bike has super high miles or has been run without oil I would not expect the cam chain to be shot. I'm not positive about your model, but doesn't it have an upper cam chain guide held in place by the cylinder head cover? If so, when you remove the cylinder head cover wouldn't that put slack in the chain? Do you have a FSM? It should describe the cam chain guides & tensioner. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
The following user(s) said Thank You: wireman

• cherokeekid58
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
13 Feb 2013 12:04 #572228 by cherokeekid58
Replied by cherokeekid58 on topic what do i need to hit 100 whp?
Im gonna order a book for the bike. It does have a chain guide in the valve cover, which has absolutly no wear in it what so ever. I dont know if thats good or bad.

Also what do you consider high miles? Im at 24,000 miles.

Cheers
Jason

Hahaha and i thought my JEEP addiction was bad; my Kz addiction is just as bad!!!

www.kzrider.com/filebase/cat_view/102-1982 ,