what do i need to hit 100 whp?

More
16 Jan 2013 23:33 #567794 by les holt
Replied by les holt on topic what do i need to hit 100 whp?
Simple! Spray or boost, or go with a much newer designed engine.
Not saying it can't be done on all motor but is it realistic, probably not.
My comment was aimed at the aimless remarks at what most would know to be commom sense statements from well reputable gentlemen who have done more than enough to prove their worth!
Not to poke but, did you get the "Common Sense" or "Reputable Gentlemen" or " Prove Their Worth" statements. It's one thing to talk shit but understand! Your blasting some real sharp people with silly grade school level statements.
Maybe you can't respect your elders but you really should respect your betters. :)

Les Holt
And yes, I think I've earned the right to speak in such a mannor!
The following user(s) said Thank You: guitargeek, wireman, Street Fighter LTD, Colorado Z-1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cherokeekid58
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
31 Jan 2013 19:13 #570137 by cherokeekid58
Replied by cherokeekid58 on topic what do i need to hit 100 whp?
Wow this thread blew up since i have been gone. Guess ill update since Les just shut everyone down lol. So ive been busy planning my wedding, thats to why i havent posted. But my bike is stripped down to frame, i am making my own single seat pan with a rear cowl. Rear sets are being made. Im trying to get all yhe body work done first so i can get it painted before i get into the engine. Thats where im at now. Also i decided i just want a peppier bike thats a blast to ride.

Oh and im gonna fo clip ons, so should i just grind off the nubs where the handle bars would go on the top triple tree?

Cheers
Jason

Hahaha and i thought my JEEP addiction was bad; my Kz addiction is just as bad!!!

www.kzrider.com/filebase/cat_view/102-1982 ,

More
31 Jan 2013 21:08 #570152 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic what do i need to hit 100 whp?
Planning a wedding?? Wow, it sounds like it's already too late for a fast bike to get you out of town. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: All kidding aside; congratulations! :) Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
03 Feb 2013 19:13 #570599 by les holt

• donthaveakawman
  • Visitor
03 Feb 2013 19:47 #570605 by donthaveakawman
Replied by donthaveakawman on topic what do i need to hit 100 whp?
100 horsepower, hmm attatch 26 horses to it. B) ;) :) :P :laugh: :ohmy: :sick: :angry: :blink: :( :unsure: :kiss: :woohoo: :lol: :silly: :pinch: :side: :whistle: :evil: :S :blush: :cheer: :huh: :dry:

• cherokeekid58
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
04 Feb 2013 18:22 #570758 by cherokeekid58
No apologies needed les, you put in your knowlege where it was needed, to get the right facts. Thanks for the congrats on the wedding guys.

So does anyone know where i can get rivets that have a snap head on them? The ones like you see on a leather jacket? Im thinking of useing something like that on my seat to hold the leather down over the foam. That way if i ever have to replace the foam i can just un-snap it?

Also im still debating on what to do with my front forks. I saw a company on the cafe racer TV show that made drop in replacement springs for factory forks to give you a stiffer suspension but retain the factory look. I cant remember for the life of me what company that was.

Cheers
Jason

Hahaha and i thought my JEEP addiction was bad; my Kz addiction is just as bad!!!

More
04 Feb 2013 20:46 #570777 by undiablo
Replied by undiablo on topic what do i need to hit 100 whp?
Congrats on the wedding!

Kawasaki KZ 750/4 LTD 1981
Kawasaki KLR 650 2011
Argentina - Buenos Aires

• donthaveakawman
  • Visitor
04 Feb 2013 20:49 #570780 by donthaveakawman
Replied by donthaveakawman on topic what do i need to hit 100 whp?
yep string some cans full of rice to the bike and take the bride to your honeymoon, congratulations.

• cherokeekid58
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
04 Feb 2013 22:18 #570793 by cherokeekid58
Thanks guys lol! But the bike is a solo seat now....

More
04 Feb 2013 23:49 #570819 by Colorado Z-1
Replied by Colorado Z-1 on topic what do i need to hit 100 whp?
Congrats on the wedding and you can't go wrong with "CC's" or a different and bigger engine, Mr. Turbo offers a nice kit for that as well. enjoy the build and build a bike you can ride, anytime you want or if the Wife gets on your bad side.

I am building a Cafe' Cruiser, a Z-1. It's a total custom bike built with cruising in mind, Fast enough to be fun but dependable enough for long hauls and endless cruising, like down coastal highways or vacations. I'm 50. own a nice Harley Street Glide but there is just something about having a nicely built and well thought out Cafe' racer. building your own parts and finding ways to get things done. SO , Yes ! enjoy the build. " Make it a work of ART !

Splitting the air like a Bullet in flight, slipping fast into the night !

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
05 Feb 2013 01:20 #570829 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic what do i need to hit 100 whp?
100 hp....for 2000...old beater r6 or cbr...maybe less than 2000

big bore
smothies
header

how many hp
who cares

hp

ride around town...sleeves rolled up...toothpick in your mouth...hp written on the side cover...moms hide their chilleden...

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• cherokeekid58
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
05 Feb 2013 23:54 #570987 by cherokeekid58
Thanks colorado, i will make it my own and my own work of art... To get away from the soon to be wife. Shes having a nevious break down cuz our venue scheduled someone else on our date but told us it was ours? Idk we had to move it back a week and its in september lol. I just wish my bike wasnt in pices and it wasnt 25 degrees out.

Triangle, im past HP numbers, now i just want a spirited bike.

Cheers
Jason