dry clutch kit

More
03 Nov 2010 15:41 #410618 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic dry clutch kit
hardr0ck68 wrote:

Old Man Rock wrote:

"Funny how almost all serious racing engines have CR carburetors on them"...

Now Larry, be nice... That's because all the KZR guys have all them BS 34's in their rides... None left for the serious racing machines.... ;) :evil: :whistle: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Why do you feel the need to be a total d-bag whenever someone has a different oppinion?

My daddy told me there is more than one way to skin a cat; your daddy must have told you "when you disagree act like a bitch"

P.S. I think carbs all suck donkey balls... you don't see them in any modren performance application FI is the only serious choice for a performance machine.

especially the 14,000 rpm fire breathing 650s rolling out of your door! :woohoo:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
03 Nov 2010 17:23 #410640 by DoubleDub
Replied by DoubleDub on topic dry clutch kit
PLUMMEN wrote:

especially the 14,000 rpm fire breathing 650s rolling out of your door! :woohoo:

ziiiiinnnngg!

More
03 Nov 2010 17:36 #410641 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic dry clutch kit
PLUMMEN wrote:

hardr0ck68 wrote:

Old Man Rock wrote:

"Funny how almost all serious racing engines have CR carburetors on them"...

Now Larry, be nice... That's because all the KZR guys have all them BS 34's in their rides... None left for the serious racing machines.... ;) :evil: :whistle: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Why do you feel the need to be a total d-bag whenever someone has a different oppinion?

My daddy told me there is more than one way to skin a cat; your daddy must have told you "when you disagree act like a bitch"

P.S. I think carbs all suck donkey balls... you don't see them in any modren performance application FI is the only serious choice for a performance machine.

i read about this demon a while ago......does it exist yet?.....or is this just another hydroponically fueled dream that will never see the light of day.....just the lights of the grow room....?

• hardr0ck68
  • User
  • Who put the what in the where?
More
03 Nov 2010 19:51 - 03 Nov 2010 19:53 #410664 by hardr0ck68
Replied by hardr0ck68 on topic dry clutch kit
Oh noooo that dream is gone (well maybe...) now I am on to 4 valve, water cooled head swaps. I just picked up some more parts tonight so my buddy can get cutting and welding.

Dry clutch.... I love the sound, but are they better for street applications? Now a slipper clutch that would be tits.

1977 kz650 c1

bought it because I was told it would never run again...I like to prove people wrong.
Last edit: 03 Nov 2010 19:53 by hardr0ck68.

More
04 Nov 2010 21:37 #410868 by kawsakiman
Replied by kawsakiman on topic dry clutch kit
hardr0ck68 wrote:
P.S. I think carbs all suck donkey balls... you don't see them in any modren performance application FI is the only serious choice for a performance machine.[/quote]

when all is said and done, fuel injection is nothing but a finely tuned carb set up.
only people who are either

a. scared of them
or
b. don't know how to adjust/set them up.

fuel injection have less parts and is easier for the common man to set up.
anyone can program a pc to adjust their fuel curve.
kawasaki did go that route and then switched back. why?

rocco, i like you and your ideas but sometimes you really go off the deep end.
to call someone a douchebag is just wrong.
( and btw, please learn how to spell it if your going to use it. )

omr has put up a TON of info on everything from cam degreeing to carb syncing here.
i'm sure you have even read or downloaded his spec sheets.

bottom line is he has a bitching running bike he built himself and you have theory.

i like your ideas and how you want to be a trailblazer but lighten up man.
wtf.
do you only come here to argue or are you tossing ideas out and asking for advice?

you even called one of the best/fastest members here a limey. god damn man!

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

• Becker
  • User
  • The Doctor Will Rise Again
More
05 Nov 2010 00:04 #410877 by Becker
Replied by Becker on topic dry clutch kit
First, OMR is awesome, and he deserves respect.

Second, wy kan't anywon spel wright.

Third, Kawasaki went to FI and back but there is a reason that everyone uses it today. It not only makes more horsepower per cc because of it's tight control of fuel ratios but it also allows the control of horsepower when horsepower is overpowering the tires. New vehicles of any kind will never be released with carbs again because FI is better. In fact EFI is becoming outdated now. Direct injection is the new cool thing. It's already producing snowmobiles that are class leading in MPG and horsepower. The marine industry has been using it for years already. Just check out the new Ford Taurus SHO. Turbo and DI to make 365 HP out of a 3.5L V6. When has a stock producton carbed motor done something like that, and still made good gas mileage.

78 KZ750B3
79 KZ400 LTD
78 KZ650C2
79 KZ650C3
78 KZ650B2A
80 KZ650F1
80 KZ650E1
81 CB750K Super Sport

• hardr0ck68
  • User
More
05 Nov 2010 03:59 #410884 by hardr0ck68
I think Lorcan knew I was ribbing him in that thread. I don't think any feelings were hurt. I will shoot him a PM on his forum and find out.

Have you seen the state of my 650 when I bought it? I turned my heap into a great running machine that I have put over 12K miles on since the rebuild. OMR is not the only one who can turn a wrench. My bike may not be finished yet, but I make improvements every year. And please don't way I am afraid to tune my carbs. I have a o2 sensor on my bike so I see the pitfalls of properly tuned carbs, if you don't believe me I will post numbers from the next 80* day to compare with a 50* night... carbs can't ever be as good as FI.

My issue is not what he and members like him add to the forums but what they take away. When folks continue to slam members at any given chance about different oppinion then eventually those members stop posting. Remember when wireman was on the outs, so he deleted his profile and left. Other members who have good info were also pushed out wiregorge for example.

A forum should be a place were people share ideas good and otherwise, share information and opinions. When people get hassled for doing just that then I will say something. I think LMR has some talent and time, no doubt... and if he dropped the personal attacks I would be cool with the guy.

1977 kz650 c1

bought it because I was told it would never run again...I like to prove people wrong.

• hardr0ck68
  • User
More
05 Nov 2010 04:00 #410885 by hardr0ck68
Becker wrote:

I give him all the respect he shows others and will continue to do so :cheer:

1977 kz650 c1

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
05 Nov 2010 05:53 #410892 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic dry clutch kit
Becker wrote:

Second, wy kan't anywon spel wright.

Third, Kawasaki went to FI and back but there is a reason that everyone uses it today. It not only makes more horsepower per cc because of it's tight control of fuel ratios but it also allows the control of horsepower when horsepower is overpowering the tires. New vehicles of any kind will never be released with carbs again because FI is better. In fact EFI is becoming outdated now. Direct injection is the new cool thing. It's already producing snowmobiles that are class leading in MPG and horsepower. The marine industry has been using it for years already. Just check out the new Ford Taurus SHO. Turbo and DI to make 365 HP out of a 3.5L V6. When has a stock producton carbed motor done something like that, and still made good gas mileage.

The turbo has a lot more to do with it than the DI does. Nice feature to be sure but it's the turbo making the real power ;)

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
05 Nov 2010 06:51 #410894 by DoubleDub
Replied by DoubleDub on topic dry clutch kit
That's why I'm making a 6 valve water cooled DI turbo 650 with a tunable intake manifold, pods, open header, ZX14 suspension. 300hp minimum.... ;)

More
05 Nov 2010 07:13 #410895 by TexasKZ
Replied by TexasKZ on topic dry clutch kit
There really is only one reason modern cars and bikes have f.i. --- EPA.

1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

More
05 Nov 2010 09:43 #410914 by kopcicle
Replied by kopcicle on topic dry clutch kit
No I didn't drink the kool-aid

Larry it probably wouldn't surprise you at all that the single best bang for the buck/effort I remember was a CB700SC with a pipe and CR's . Near two stroke "hit" around 7.500 and very linear around the torque peak . The owner used it for a training/track day/practice bike. I was able to to eat a set of front pads and trash a Dunlop off the rear in just 15 minutes .What a barrel of fun .Sure it was no race bike but in a straight line it was a blast . Cr's on my '83 "used to be a kz thing" came a close second but it was a full $tupid race build in a light 4130 cha$$i$ .

Now back on topic (really?) I lived the curse of the dry clutch , everybody has to have one , all the cool kids do , thing . After a crash I didn't have the resources to duplicate another so second best was isolate the wet clutch from the majority of the sump and experiment with clutch material.

Take a good look at the clutch side . Making a dry cover just isn't that hard . It just takes time .

~kop

"There are two major pressure changes in a four stroke internal combustion engine , when you light the fire and when the rods exit the block..."