Timing and powerbamd

More
28 Sep 2010 18:13 - 28 Sep 2010 18:16 #402564 by nads.com
Timing and powerbamd was created by nads.com
Went out riding and thought maybe one more time I'd retard the timing even more, and see what happens. HOLY! The effect on the band was amazing, it revved to 9 and 10 even smoother, faster. The ppower at the end was stunning. Now it's a true screamer. Let it roll on in 1st till maybe 8500 and wham!. HANG ON! man it's breaking the tire loose and going to infinity! Just smokes through the gears. Feels now it's got more power in second almost. I'm flattened how the band never changed but switched up higher and fell right into place. The idle all the sudden is down to nothing and smooth. The midrange is awesome, the top is about wrenching me loose at any loose grip! This bike is rockin. It's there. It's got everything it needs to race a fast bike. And if you can squeeze it all out it's gonna be hard to pass. It's gonna take some hp, some skill and some good timing with some time for mph cause this baby is moving out. If I had a working second gear It'd be deadly. Guess it's time to repaint it. I can always tell these days when an engine is timed perfectly. And one telltale sighn is the idle. In the end the idle is different. Might as well go right to it and work up from there, how could you loose. I wonder how many bikes out there are running too much timing and hitting the wall, the riders never knowing cuz, "you can't do that" comes into play. Open those suckers up and let em run! Back the timing down, let the bull get it's feet set and bang! Off like a rocket. I'm talking 100mph and pulling in second! Might as well take the other gears out and throw them away. And nothing, I mean nothing, stops this motor once it gets to 9+ you can shift into a higher gear and I don't care if your bucking a wind and carrying a passenger, the fat lady is getting her head ripped off, her eyes are wide, mouth is in and O! ROOOOOOOMMMMMM! I be rockin. The fat lady, not so good. She'
slost her dinner and it's obvious. It's all over the highway. I'm heading into the sunrise, a small blip. Man on the busa is crying by the road side , holding his fist in his hand, his tank littered with dents. AND ooooo the payments! I'm in the house. ON board. Ready for action, and it's my turn to say sorry. Sorry dude guess your not old enough for rated rr yet. Little dust just came off the bottle. oocha wawa
Last edit: 28 Sep 2010 18:16 by nads.com.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2010 18:52 #402575 by KruZer
Replied by KruZer on topic Timing and powerbamd
The question begs to be ask....where did you set the timing?

Buzz

*1977 1000, 1975 KZ998 LSR bike.

More
28 Sep 2010 19:44 #402591 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Timing and powerbamd
KruZer wrote:

Buzz

right betweenthe 3rd and 7th beer! :blink: :woohoo:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
28 Sep 2010 19:55 #402597 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Timing and powerbamd
i wanna "powerbamd"...if they are that goomd...whamt ism itm anmd whemre canm im ormder omne

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
29 Sep 2010 05:58 #402644 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic Timing and powerbamd
Nads am I understanding this correctly where you were doing 100mph in second gear?.... Wholly crap!!!! :ohmy:

Damn this thing must of completely jumped off the ground when ramming into 3rd..... :woohoo: Yeah I guess this pulled your ass backwards no doubt.... :blink: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
29 Sep 2010 06:27 #402653 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic Timing and powerbamd
PLUMMEN wrote:

KruZer wrote:

Buzz

And her I was thinking it was between the 8th or 10th doobie :woohoo:

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
29 Sep 2010 06:38 #402656 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic Timing and powerbamd
trianglelaguna wrote:

i wanna "powerbamd"...if they are that goomd...whamt ism itm anmd whemre canm im ormder omne

Otto's probably got some "powerband-in-a-can" that should do the trick for ya ;)

If you want your motorcycle to go really, really fast, just pour 17oz into your gas tank. Of course that means you'll have less room for gasoline but that won't matter cause the rocket juice is really where it's at and who really cares about octane anyway when you have the good juice that jolts the pistons like they're a naked fat lady on roller skates on her way to the burger stand for some fries and greasy meat but her ankles are too weak to hold her fat legs steady on the little skate wheels. Not that it matters much what the fat burger chomping lady had for lunch 'cause with the new rocket juice in your rod you can pick up some way hotter chicks anyway that love to ride on juice powered bikes because the new powerband really get's 'em moist where it matters most and if she's got a sister you might get yourslef twice the fun for the price of one and that leaves more money for more powerband juice if you're getting the picture....WHEW!!! :P

More
29 Sep 2010 06:45 #402657 by Kidkawie
Replied by Kidkawie on topic Timing and powerbamd
PLUMMEN wrote:

KruZer wrote:

Buzz

:laugh:

1975 Z1 900
1994 KX250 Supermoto
2004 KX125

• WABBMW
  • User
  • Let The Good Times Roll !
More
29 Sep 2010 08:58 #402691 by WABBMW
Replied by WABBMW on topic Timing and powerbamd
nads.com:

Dude, you have way overdosed on your medication.

Bill Baker
Houston, Texas
1982 KZ650 CSR
2008 Yamaha FZ1
2006 Yamaha FZ1
1977 Honda Supersport 750 four (sold)
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 (sold)

• ready2ryde1985
  • User
  • got to love these kzs
More
29 Sep 2010 09:11 #402692 by ready2ryde1985
Replied by ready2ryde1985 on topic Timing and powerbamd
FAT chicks n beer and 100 mph gas, life just dont get no better than that !!!!!

84 kz 700 a1
82 kz550 ltd

• kzz1p
  • User
  • One Test Is Worth A Thousand Expert Opinions!
More
29 Sep 2010 10:11 #402698 by kzz1p
Replied by kzz1p on topic Timing and powerbamd
I think the moral to the story is:

Every motor is different & every motor has different needs.
Every motor has hidden power, it depends on how determine you are to find it.

When it comes to motors, money will only take you so far.

When it comes to racing engines, they all have some of the same parts or builders. What makes one faster then the others?

I see many threads on cam degreeing on this site. What always comes to my mind is! People should spend some time indexing their spark advance.

While you have the degree wheel on the motor, check the timing marks. You may want to add some "advance or retard" timing marks. This will allow you some flexability down the road.

I suggest a true 5 degree mark each way....just as a baseline. 5 degrees is a lot! you may only need a couple of degrees. You can eyeball it for a touch less then 5 degrees.

If you ever sell or lose the motor, good notes are needed if you plan on replacing it. You might remember all the specs & part # today, what about in five years?

• WABBMW
  • User
  • Let The Good Times Roll !
More
29 Sep 2010 10:42 - 29 Sep 2010 10:45 #402702 by WABBMW
Replied by WABBMW on topic Timing and powerbamd
Sorry, but my computer must be stuttering.

Bill Baker
Houston, Texas
1982 KZ650 CSR
2008 Yamaha FZ1
2006 Yamaha FZ1
1977 Honda Supersport 750 four (sold)
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 (sold)
Last edit: 29 Sep 2010 10:45 by WABBMW.