KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014

More
11 Mar 2014 14:50 #624843 by saxjonz
Replied by saxjonz on topic KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014
Tom, I'm in with you. Let's do the Iron Butt!

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
More
11 Mar 2014 19:26 #624905 by TomW

saxjonz wrote: Tom, I'm in with you. Let's do the Iron Butt!

You could ride up to Oshkosh and enjoy Airventure for a couple of days then we ride out Sunday morning to arrive at the rally Monday afternoon to sleep for a day. The rally starts on Tuesday. Map-quest shows 1279 miles, 20 hrs 6 mins. Oshkosh to Ute Bluff Lodge. Easy-Peasy.

'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

• Forrest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
More
12 Mar 2014 15:39 #624991 by Forrest
Replied by Forrest on topic KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014

TomW wrote:

You could ride up to Oshkosh and enjoy Airventure for a couple of days then we ride out Sunday morning to arrive at the rally Monday afternoon to sleep for a day. The rally starts on Tuesday. Map-quest shows 1279 miles, 20 hrs 6 mins. Oshkosh to Ute Bluff Lodge. Easy-Peasy.

Hey Tom and Lawrence remember the ride we took last summer? Tom you were heading to Logan, OH for the Voyager Rally. Lawrence you split off for Ft. Wayne, IN. I rode with Tom on down to Logan and then round tripped it back same day for about 900+ miles. Those were good times but didn't enjoy dodging lighting around Columbus! I will be trailering my bikes. Also, will try to get there early to welcome your tired aching sore arses with cold beer and beautiful native masseuses.

BTW, Lawrence I thought you were inviting Peter1958 over from PA? Thought you might trailer out with him. OR, Maybe he could Iron Butt with you!

KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

More
13 Mar 2014 15:43 - 13 Mar 2014 15:47 #625074 by saxjonz
Just as long as we adhere to the man rules. lol
I will need to be doing some RIDING! Now my wife has a friend that will be visiting Vegas Aug. 8th. She may just fly out with the baby and that would work for me as well. Which would mean that no backup trailer but I don't think that is a big deal either way. Gonna ride the Z1R so might be a little sore. They don't make sergeant or corbin seats for this bike that I am aware of. Hey, it's all good.
Peter, as far as I know this Z1r is only bolt on mods. Of course, I could be wrong, it sounds completely stock though. Or I may just get a wild hare up my ass and ride the KZ, I just don't know how reliable riding so many miles on a modified motor will be. Nor am I enthusiastic about finding out. ;) Forrest, I think you may know part of this reason.
In fact that, I think, would be a much better option. We ride, and ride, and ride some more. No cares or worries. She can go to Vegas and what happens in Vegas... lol

79 LTD B3
Last edit: 13 Mar 2014 15:47 by saxjonz.

• Forrest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
More
13 Mar 2014 16:37 #625078 by Forrest
I know nothing, Nothing!....(in Sgt Schultz voice) :whistle:

But seriously would love to explore dual sport roads out that way. I might bring a DS along if someone else was doing the same. Otherwise it will be paved tarmac and still too many rides to choose from!

More
13 Mar 2014 19:11 #625096 by goodfastncheap
Replied by goodfastncheap on topic KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014
Vintage KTM should be on my sixbiketrailer. No plates on it but have small jets, and bear medicine.

1979 KZ650 B3
KZ Relay Rider #54, Iowa, Nebraska and Kansas

• Forrest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
More
14 Mar 2014 15:51 #625180 by Forrest

goodfastncheap wrote: Vintage KTM should be on my sixbiketrailer. No plates on it but have small jets, and bear medicine.

Oh Man! What am I getting into?!!

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
16 Mar 2014 09:12 #625401 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014
Lets see if I can get some riders from the North West to get their rides ready to do the Rally. I would like to see a group ride from the PNW to the Rally if anyone from here is going.
I'm planning on leaving from Bend, Oregon on either Friday the 1st after work, or Saturday the second morning real early. It will be 1200mi + each way, plus riding around in Colorado and New Mexico during the stay. So if you plan on the Ride there and back, have your Bike ready, in good condition etc. If you want to Trailer, that's OK. We can make a few meet up points along the road, a camp ground to stay at overnight etc.
It is getting closer by the day now, and lets try to get some people together for the event from the PNW.
This just one route I've started on: goo.gl/maps/3RkDa Google Maps has been acting up like crazy trying to make it and it is not fine tuned or written in stone. But the Slab is avoided where possible.
Cheers

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...
The following user(s) said Thank You: goodfastncheap

More
16 Mar 2014 22:03 #625489 by goodfastncheap
Replied by goodfastncheap on topic KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014
PAC NW!!!

Get there. Ya have the flag, right. Nobody I mean nobody from Iowa or Kansas will meet us. Nowhereville!

I'm trailering my bike. And I'm not going to repaint my hotrod stripes for this, or any bike event. Let's shoot up some speed limit signs! See ya there, Motorhead!

1979 KZ650 B3
KZ Relay Rider #54, Iowa, Nebraska and Kansas

• Forrest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
More
17 Mar 2014 12:13 #625549 by Forrest
That's great news Motorhead! We look forward to seeing you there! :woohoo:

Don't forget to reserve your spot at the Ute Bluff Lodge. AND, wish you the best with logistics on the way there & back!

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
More
17 Mar 2014 23:14 #625611 by TomW

Forrest wrote:

TomW wrote:

Hey Tom and Lawrence remember the ride we took last summer? Tom you were heading to Logan, OH for the Voyager Rally. Lawrence you split off for Ft. Wayne, IN. I rode with Tom on down to Logan and then round tripped it back same day for about 900+ miles. Those were good times but didn't enjoy dodging lighting around Columbus! I will be trailering my bikes. Also, will try to get there early to welcome your tired aching sore arses with cold beer and beautiful native masseuses.

I sure do remember that ride! I was replacing fuses every 50 miles or so. The problem was a wire pinched under the trunk. The fun part was after you left from the restaraunt where we ate dinner. I rode in the dark to the campground where I had a reservation. I got there after the office closed. Fortunately the owner was watching for me and checked me in after hours. Then I had to pitch a brand new tent in the dark with a tiny flash light. Then three kind souls walked up to me with lanterns and asked if I needed any help. You gotta love old bikers. :woohoo: We got the tent up just before the skies opened up and dumped rain on the campground most of the night. It rained through most of the rally. :( A good time was had in spite of the rain.

'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

More
18 Mar 2014 18:45 #625702 by saxjonz
Tom, sounds like an awesome time! Lol

79 LTD B3