KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014

More
21 Jan 2014 13:44 #619492 by goodfastncheap
Replied by goodfastncheap on topic KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014
I'm going to be in a points race at MAM with the white car, and I may need that weekend. And the Shelby needs tires, pads and goodies for a 4-day race at MPH in September. I am doing a ton of maintenance and upgrades to both racecars this summer and I doubt there will be time or funds for the bike.

1979 KZ650 B3
KZ Relay Rider #54, Iowa, Nebraska and Kansas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2014 14:46 #619505 by saxjonz
Replied by saxjonz on topic KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014
Gary, i'm interested for sure. So count me in.

upncummr wrote: saxjonz / goodfastncheap:

I've got an invitation outstanding to a buddy of mine in Kansas City to attend the Relay Rally in August with me. I'm sure I won't get a firm, definite answer from him until just days before departure.

So at this point I'm thinking about renting a cabin so that I have space available no matter what he decides. It appears the cabins sleep anywhere from 6 to 10 people so there should be adequate room for a few extras. What are you guys planning on doing for accommodations?

Assuming I get the largest available cabin you're welcome to "join the crowd". Your share of the cost would be maybe $20 - $25 a night; I'd pick up the rest of the cost.

The reservation policy at the lodge is 25% down for an advance reservation. That 25% deposit is refundable if the cancellation is made with greater than 14 days notice.

If I'm able to attend the event, then the cancellation policy isn't a problem. if I'm unable to attend however I'd still contribute my 25% towards the reservation, but that would leave you guys responsible for the remaining 75%. At a rack rate of $200 per night less the 25% I'd contribute in the event I'm unable to attend, that's $150 per night that you guys would potentially be responsible for. That's about $75 per person per night if you get "stuck".

Let me know if you're interested.

Gary

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

More
21 Jan 2014 14:48 #619506 by upncummr
Replied by upncummr on topic KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014
Peter:

Race/track cars can certainly be expensive. I can see where you'd need to prioritize those over the bike.

Does the bike needs lots of either funds or time to be in running condition for the Rally? We could certainly work to minimize your travel costs related to the Rally by driving together to the event and sharing a cabin.

Gary
The following user(s) said Thank You: goodfastncheap

More
21 Jan 2014 14:50 #619507 by saxjonz
Hey man, either way you are good. If I trailer up I will bring a kayak and I have two spots. I could bring z1r and my kz. If you need a bike to ride of course, otherwise I could just ride up. I'm good either way.

goodfastncheap wrote:

I've got an invitation outstanding to a buddy of mine in Kansas City to attend the Relay Rally in August with me. I'm sure I won't get a firm, definite answer from him until just days before departure.

So at this point I'm thinking about renting a cabin so that I have space available no matter what he decides. It appears the cabins sleep anywhere from 6 to 10 people so there should be adequate room for a few extras. What are you guys planning on doing for accommodations?

Assuming I get the largest available cabin you're welcome to "join the crowd". Your share of the cost would be maybe $20 - $25 a night; I'd pick up the rest of the cost.

The reservation policy at the lodge is 25% down for an advance reservation. That 25% deposit is refundable if the cancellation is made with greater than 14 days notice.

If I'm able to attend the event, then the cancellation policy isn't a problem. if I'm unable to attend however I'd still contribute my 25% towards the reservation, but that would leave you guys responsible for the remaining 75%. At a rack rate of $200 per night less the 25% I'd contribute in the event I'm unable to attend, that's $150 per night that you guys would potentially be responsible for. That's about $75 per person per night if you get "stuck".

Gary

Interested. I need to get with Forrest to see when he's passing through here, and whether he has any seats left in the truck. Not a very good chance of me taking the bike at this point. And...I know from a previous post that I am "There!" because that's what I said a few months ago, but I need to seriously look at my road racing and drag racing dates (not out yet for Topeka and MAM)...

79 LTD B3
The following user(s) said Thank You: goodfastncheap

More
21 Jan 2014 14:56 #619510 by goodfastncheap
Replied by goodfastncheap on topic KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014
Thanks guys! The whole thing for me is contingent on my series having an open date that weekend or a free "drop" of 1 race...schedule should be out in the next couple weeks, I expect, but right now I'll send a text to the track to see if I can get a schedule preview...

1979 KZ650 B3
KZ Relay Rider #54, Iowa, Nebraska and Kansas

More
21 Jan 2014 15:57 #619518 by Topper
Replied by Topper on topic KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014
Forrest, you got any specific activities planned? For those of us who have to fly in, we either have to borrow or rent bikes for any rides. Also want to know if there'll be stuff for a non-riding spouse to do.

Permanent and perpetual noob.

1979 KZ750 Twin
2009 Kawasaki Versys

More
21 Jan 2014 16:27 #619525 by saxjonz
Topper, I would most likely bring my family, maybe not, if I do I'm sure there are a million things to do. Sure of it.

79 LTD B3

More
21 Jan 2014 17:01 #619529 by upncummr

saxjonz wrote: Topper, I would most likely bring my family, maybe not, if I do I'm sure there are a million things to do. Sure of it.

saxjonz:

If you're planning on bringing the family then I'm going to put you down as a tentative "no" for sharing a cabin. Of course if you need a little quiet time you're always welcome to hang out with us.

Gary

• Forrest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
More
21 Jan 2014 17:57 #619544 by Forrest
Replied by Forrest on topic KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014

Gary

Awesome Gary, Way to step up and way cool offer! B)

KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

• Forrest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
More
21 Jan 2014 18:04 #619545 by Forrest

goodfastncheap wrote: Gary

Interested. I need to get with Forrest to see when he's passing through here, and whether he has any seats left in the truck. Not a very good chance of me taking the bike at this point. And...I know from a previous post that I am "There!" because that's what I said a few months ago, but I need to seriously look at my road racing and drag racing dates (not out yet for Topeka and MAM)...[/quote]

There always be room for you, AND your Miss Laura. My Miss Laura may be into a new job and vacation time for her may be limited but who knows. She has set it in the calendar for now You know that! Hope you can squeeze this in even if you come out for a couple of days during the week! AND, good luck with the racing this season!

More
21 Jan 2014 18:14 #619547 by upncummr
saxjonz / goodfastncheap:

I'm going to go ahead and book a cabin that sleeps six. There's a queen bed in the bedroom, two twin beds and a pull-out sofa in the main living area.

If I'm able to attend, I'll just pick up the lodging costs as it's reasonable enough on a per night basis that it fits in the budget. That way I don't feel bad about taking the private bedroom!

So you'll be welcome to join me from Monday evening through Sunday morning with no lodging costs.

If it looks like we're likely to have more than the three of us and possibly my buddy from KC, then I should look into a two-bedroom cabin that sleeps ten.

Let me know.

Gary

• Forrest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
More
21 Jan 2014 18:23 - 21 Jan 2014 18:30 #619549 by Forrest

Topper wrote: Forrest, you got any specific activities planned? For those of us who have to fly in, we either have to borrow or rent bikes for any rides. Also want to know if there'll be stuff for a non-riding spouse to do.

Things To Do other than ride great mountain roads:
-Biking, you know the pedal pushing kind. Can be fun but a lot slower & more work than with an engine. :laugh:
-Fishing, you know if you are into wading around in a stream or river and catching your lunch. :whistle:
-Four Wheeling, you know if two wheels aren't enough or dirt bikes if you like to well get dirty. :silly:
-Golfing, you know what guys/gals do when they don't want to work, go home or ride their motorcycle.
-horseback riding, you know those four legged beasts that require daily feeding, grooming, and poop smithing. Hey! that is why I switched to motorcycles! :huh: :blink:
-Hunting, you know it is called poaching at that time of year!
-Rafting, you know get wet and float down river past those guys trying to catch their lunch!
-AND, lastly for the ladies that may accompany their husbands/sig others there are quaint mountain towns with tons of stuff to buy. You know, fudge to artwork. $ $ $ $ Better yet, leave the family behind! :laugh: Seriously, if my Mrs accompanies me, she will be doing some relaxing, tourist stuff including shopping. AND, here is a link on the Ute Bluff Lodge website with other attractions in the area >>> www.uteblufflodge.com/Attractions.aspx
Non riders can even group together and go places of common interest. There are neat towns not far away like Durango, Silverton, etc. Also, We are planning evening activities when all are back from their great road adventures. This should be a great time for ALL!.

AND, Topper that there Versys is capable of running from VA to CO if you get in the mood! :evil:

Last edit: 21 Jan 2014 18:30 by Forrest.