KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014

• Forrest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
More
11 Dec 2013 10:58 - 11 Dec 2013 12:15 #615292 by Forrest
Replied by Forrest on topic KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014
Yup, the owners Annette & Craig have been great to work with. It would also be great to have a rally that fills up their place. That being said, there are 21 lodge rooms, 7 cabins, 30 RV Spaces, and 3 dedicated tent spaces. Note, they have plenty space if more tents area is requested/reserved. Not knowing what other non KZ Rider Flag Relay Rally reservations they have, Ute Bluff could fill up the week of our Rally. I encourage anyone considering attending to reserve their spot ASAP. Reservations can be cancelled up to 72 hours prior to your arrival date. There is another lodge with cabins and RV sites in the area. This could serve as over flow if Ute Bluff Lodge fills up. My goal is to have most if not all Rally attendees stay at Ute Bluff. But, hey it is a free country(they say :blink: ) so you are all free to do as you wish.

We are planning not only some group rides during the day but some fun activities in the evenings. And remember, your family and friends are welcome. My wife is planning on accompanying me. She will be more interested in spending time off the bikes exploring the area. We will have our truck & trailer there offering rider assistance & support. There are plenty of activities and attractions in the area for families or a rest day from riding. Check out the "Attractions" and "Activities" tabs on the Ute Bluff Lodge website.

What a great opportunity to share some experiences with fellow enthusiasts. Really looking forward to sharing this experience with many of you!

KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

Last edit: 11 Dec 2013 12:15 by Forrest. Reason: tent space also available!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2013 11:19 #615293 by Topper
Replied by Topper on topic KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014
What's the nearest airport if we need to fly in?

Permanent and perpetual noob.

1979 KZ750 Twin
2009 Kawasaki Versys

• Forrest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
More
11 Dec 2013 12:11 - 11 Dec 2013 14:05 #615298 by Forrest

Topper wrote: What's the nearest airport if we need to fly in?

Just spoke with Annette at Ute Bluff Lodge on this. Three airports discussed:
- The nearest airport is Alamosa, CO approx 47 miles. Smallest, Great Lakes Airlines, added cost if connecting from a major hub. However, One of us will come and get you! No car rental!
- Durango, CO approx 100 miles. Nice airport with more choices of carriers. Car rentals should be available.
- Denver, CO approx 257 miles or 4 1/2 hours. Major hub with car rentals.

Last edit: 11 Dec 2013 14:05 by Forrest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: goodfastncheap

More
17 Dec 2013 17:43 #615758 by saxjonz
Replied by saxjonz on topic KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014
This sounds like a lot of fun. Now I have a choice of which bike to ride and in case my kz still isn't ready to ride I have the Z1R that will get me there. Yep, maybe the kz will become a trailer queen. Who knows?

Forrest wrote:

- The nearest airport is Alamosa, CO approx 47 miles. Smallest, Great Lakes Airlines, added cost if connecting from a major hub. However, One of us will come and get you! No car rental!
- Durango, CO approx 100 miles. Nice airport with more choices of carriers. Car rentals should be available.

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

More
17 Dec 2013 18:00 #615762 by kaw-a-holic
Replied by kaw-a-holic on topic KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014
How much work do you have to do on the KZ Saxjonz?
I have a whole bike to rebuild in 6 months. Would love to see your KZ there.

saxjonz wrote: This sounds like a lot of fun. Now I have a choice of which bike to ride and in case my kz still isn't ready to ride I have the Z1R that will get me there. Yep, maybe the kz will become a trailer queen. Who knows?

Forrest wrote:

Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

More
23 Dec 2013 14:13 #616246 by saxjonz
@kaw-a-holic I just got my new bike home last night. Z1r that you see in my avatar. She most likely will be the bike I ride to the four points. My kz is just a paint job and a few things away from being finished. I will order braided brake lines and I just got another set of calipers in the deal with the bike as well. So, I put together the brakes, get those assorted stainless nuts and bolts, get my tank set back all painted and purdy...mount the oil cooler and ride! I don't know though. She is looking intense. I would be worried to ride her long distance that she get kidnapped or somehow break down...The Z1r, she will be the red-headed step-child that I will ride hard to get there this summer.

79 LTD B3

More
23 Dec 2013 14:34 #616250 by kaw-a-holic

saxjonz wrote: @kaw-a-holic I just got my new bike home last night. Z1r that you see in my avatar. She most likely will be the bike I ride to the four points. My kz is just a paint job and a few things away from being finished. I will order braided brake lines and I just got another set of calipers in the deal with the bike as well. So, I put together the brakes, get those assorted stainless nuts and bolts, get my tank set back all painted and purdy...mount the oil cooler and ride! I don't know though. She is looking intense. I would be worried to ride her long distance that she get kidnapped or somehow break down...The Z1r, she will be the red-headed step-child that I will ride hard to get there this summer.

The Z1r is a cool bike. I don't blame you. I can't imagine how tough it must be for you to have a new bike and not be able to ride it until the roads thaw out. What ever you decide to bring we will still have a blast.

Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project
The following user(s) said Thank You: saxjonz

More
24 Dec 2013 17:12 #616334 by saxjonz
Quick question, are we all going to share a cabin or what is going down? I see the cabins have like four beds, some of them, and it might be a little cheaper that way if we are going to spend a week there. And if I bring my family then of course I will get a separate cabin but would stay a week and of course bring a kayak and maybe even my bicycles. Family stuff in Colorado=fun times.

Forrest wrote: ATTENTION: You are all cordially invited to A KZ RIDER RALLY!

This rally will serve two main purposes:

1) Celebrate the the KZ Rider North American Flag Relay.

2) Simply bring together fellow moto enthusiasts with a focus on Vintage KZ Kawasakis.

This Rally will be a great way for anyone who has carried The Relay Flag or wished they had participated to gather and celebrate the Relay. This Rally is NOT just for KZ Riders who carried the Flag. This is an open invitation for all KZ Riders, their family & friends to come together and simply celebrate our common interest.

Here are a few details:

When?................... August 5th - 10th 2014...Come for one or all 5 days, YOU Choose!
Where?.................. Ute Bluff Lodge, South Fork, Colorado
Why?.................... Close proximity to The 4 Corners* and some of the best Roads to ride motorcycles in the world.
Website ............... www.uteblufflodge.com/Default.aspx

* There has been some discussion as to where the KZ Rider Relay Flag would end upon completion. The general consensus is The Relay Flag will travel down the West Coast later this year or in 2014 ending at The 4 Corners of Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, & Colorado. This will make for a grand finale for a great Relay! B)

The Rally Point is not conveniently located near anyone in particular. It is more about bringing a group of KZ Riders close to the symbolic if not actual completion of The Relay Ride.

I have spoken to the owners of the Ute Bluff Lodge. The following are some advantages of staying at their lodge, cabin, and RV grounds:

- They are motorcycle friendly.
- They are offering us a group discount regardless of a lodge room, cabin or RV site. Be sure to mention that you are part of the KZ Rider Relay Rally to receive your 10% discount!

- AND best of all they are on the doorstep of some of the greatest motorcycling roads anywhere.

This Owners Group & Forum in North America has been reinvigorated by this Relay. AND, now we can celebrate by coming together.

Please feel free to post up your interest in attending. Also, click on the Ute Bluff Lodge website link. There you can find the contact information to reserve your space. Craig & Annette will be happy to hold a room, cabin, or space for you! Here is their contact information:

Craig & Annette Williams
Ute Bluff Lodge, Cabins, & RV Park
27680 US Highway 160
South Fork, CO 81154
email: stay@uteblufflodge.com
1-800-473-0595

I will either post all attendees here or create a separate thread if need be.

So, COME ONE! COME ALL!

ATTENDEES:

Forrest
Topper?
Upncummr
Tom W.
Goodfastncheap- "There!"
SaxJonz
Baldy
Kaw-a-holic

79 LTD B3

More
24 Dec 2013 17:15 #616335 by saxjonz
Cool man. I was thinking of traveling up to Northern California and down through the coast to Laguna Hills. Might be an interesting trip. Looking forward to meeting up with you and seeing some of the other guys that I've met again.

baldy110 wrote:

Forrest wrote:

baldy110 wrote: Sounds like fun, I'm in.

Look forward to meeting you Baldy! B) Don't forget to reserver yourself a room, cabin, or RV space. This is gonna be great!

Made reservations and am all set, this sounds like fun. 1000 mile s from my house but I really need a nice road trip.

79 LTD B3

• Forrest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
More
26 Dec 2013 16:47 #616473 by Forrest

saxjonz wrote: Quick question, are we all going to share a cabin or what is going down? I see the cabins have like four beds, some of them, and it might be a little cheaper that way if we are going to spend a week there. And if I bring my family then of course I will get a separate cabin but would stay a week and of course bring a kayak and maybe even my bicycles. Family stuff in Colorado=fun times.

[/quote]

Sharing cabins is a great way to share the cost; of course you know that(Blueridge, GA) Plus, you usually get more space than a lodge room. I have reserved a lodge room for the Mrs. & I. If my plans change and I am bacheloring it, then I would be open to exchanging to a cabin.

BTW, I was watching National Lampoon's Vacaton movie yesterday. The campground scenes with Brian Doyle Murray as the owner were supposed to have taken place in South Fork, CO. Good Stuff! :lol: :laugh: .

More
26 Dec 2013 17:40 - 26 Dec 2013 17:42 #616478 by saxjonz
Cool stuff. That cabin in Blueridge, GA is way far and above better than these little cabins. There is no comparison. I haven't decided to bring family vs going it alone. Still on the fence on that one. If I go it alone, I will be riding and most likely the new addition coming from California. Still, the idea of riding in those mountains and coming back through Sturgis sounds quite appealing. Time will make the clear options appear as we get closer to the date.

79 LTD B3
Last edit: 26 Dec 2013 17:42 by saxjonz. Reason: changed

More
27 Dec 2013 22:27 #616552 by kaw-a-holic
Forest couple of questions, any chance we can post pricing for the types of rentals, (i.e. rooms, cabins, tent spots etc)?
Second question has anyone designed a shirt yet? I would like to I have a friend in the business. I would like it to say First Annual KZ Rally with the location on the the back like the outline of the four corners States. I will get it designed and post it for votes. I believe that there will be a lot of folks that would love to come but it may be to far for them to travel. Wouldn't it be great to have the next Annual KZ Rally say on the East Coast? GA perhaps. Helen GA has some great roads. I'm sure there are thousands of other places. Feedback on these ideas from everyone would be great.

Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project