IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY

More
10 May 2011 03:26 #450023 by mtbspeedfreak
Replied by mtbspeedfreak on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
Though, I will admit that it bugs me quite a bit when a dude rollin on a 40k hawg with paint and chrome completely ignores me. But hey, his %$^& is smaller than mine, so he's secretly jealous.

2000 ZRX 1100
1976 KZ 900- Daily Driver
1980 LTD 550- Dalton Highway survivor!

If it has tits or tires, it'll give you problems!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2011 06:46 #450029 by dejavoodo41
Replied by dejavoodo41 on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
What really bugs me is when they are down here for Bike Week and Biketoberfest and a group of them insist on taking up both lanes while going 15 mph below the limit when I''m running late for work. I have to admit that the last couple of years there's been alot more variety of bikes running together. I even saw a group of harley's being led by an old Z1 and CB 750. I have just learned that during the events that the freeway and backroads are your friend.

1977 KZ1000A With 1980 KZ1000A MKII engine, Wiseco 1105 kit, Dyna S Ignition, 3 Ohm Dyna Coils, Cams, Mikuni RS34 Carbs, Vance and Hines Pro Pipe with Comp Baffle

New Smyrna Beach, FL

• Proxy
  • User
  • 80% Human 20% Nuts/Bolts
More
10 May 2011 09:18 #450046 by Proxy
Replied by Proxy on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
Very definitely feel your pain about the group riders double teaming the lanes. We get the rolling thunder rides around here too. Most of the time it is an eclectic group of riders riding all sorts of bikes. It's also usually for a charity , a fallen rider or a sick kid, so likewise I usually watch with respect and find another route. I liken it to when the circus is in town. There is usually a parade of large grey animals, clowns and midgets in colorful cars but the most important thing to remember is to wait until the street gets washed off before traveling the same route or you may be detailing your bike and buying new goggles. (JK) I do try and stay away from biker bars because of a story my father told me about my uncle getting his plug wires cut and cleaning out the bar but spending 3 days in a cell. But he was happy because he was able to finish scratching a drawing he had started last time into the wall of the cell. I don't know if he was joking or not. I don't think so.

Take it from me cuz I found
If you leave it then somebody else is bound,
To find that treasure, that moment of pleasure,
When yours, it could have been.
1977 KZ650 B1 Being restored to original (Green)
1977 KZ650 B1 Original (Red) Sold
1977 KZ650 B1 Donor Bike for Parts

More
10 May 2011 11:10 #450068 by apbling
Replied by apbling on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
Speaking of biker bars... I never really understood that. I live in WI and we love to drink here. We also love our HD (and bikes in general). But I see so many of them (hell, half of them are my family) that take their 25k+ bikes to the bar and just let them sit in the lot and get plowed, then drive them home... I don't see the point in having a nice bike and then driving it a few miles to a tavern and parking it. Then to top it off driving home after having too many...

More
10 May 2011 11:57 #450085 by hal0tw0
Replied by hal0tw0 on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
I like to have fun on two wheels, be it a bicycle or motorcycle. I try to be as courteous as possible to all 2 wheelers, because we are under attack always from trucks, cars, big rigs, and SUVs, on their cell phones, texting, etc. I try to keep in the forefront of my mind that we are family, albeit a disfunctional one some times. We are the minority on the road. Respect other riders, even though you dont like the make or model. We are family. Yes there are d!cks in the family, but I still have nothing to prove by embarassing them.

1976 KA900. VM28 pumper carbs, K&N pod fiters, RC performace 4/1 exhaust, Dyna ignition, Accel coils and wires, Ohlins rear shocks.....more to come

More
10 May 2011 19:53 #450157 by Mike Mecredy
Replied by Mike Mecredy on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
I presonally will blow by anything that is in my way unless it can give me a ticket, if I'm speeding while I blow past it. But if they're not at least doing the speed limit I'll even blow by the cops. I don't discrimate, I also don't taunt those I pass either. Life's not a competition to me, I just do my thing, ride what's most pleasant, not what's most accepted, and enjoy things when I can.

1997 KZ1000 police
The following user(s) said Thank You: wireman

More
11 May 2011 19:33 #450355 by BERT75
Replied by BERT75 on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
On the way home yesterday a HD bagger pulled out in front of me close enough I had to slow down. He didnt wave or even acknowledge me he even flicked his cigarette into my lane. I continued to follow instead of blow by. 55mph, 65mph, 75mph even got up to the 85 mark and I was right behind him I could tell he was lookin in his mirror. Finally we pull into town and pull up to the stop sign and i pull up right next to him and wave with a smile ear to ear. He goes straight still with no acknowledgement as I turn left to head home. Next time I will blow by and not look back at him:P

83 KZ750 F1-LTD

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
11 May 2011 21:48 - 11 May 2011 21:50 #450387 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY

BERT75 wrote: On the way home yesterday a HD bagger pulled out in front of me close enough I had to slow down. He didnt wave or even acknowledge me he even flicked his cigarette into my lane. I continued to follow instead of blow by. 55mph, 65mph, 75mph even got up to the 85 mark and I was right behind him I could tell he was lookin in his mirror. Finally we pull into town and pull up to the stop sign and i pull up right next to him and wave with a smile ear to ear. He goes straight still with no acknowledgement as I turn left to head home. Next time I will blow by and not look back at him:P

about the time he pulled out in front of me we would have had a discussion!
i would have shoved his whole pack of smokes up his ass and lit them for him :angry: :evil:

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.
Last edit: 11 May 2011 21:50 by wireman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BERT75

More
21 Nov 2011 18:29 #489522 by wcrider62
Replied by wcrider62 on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
hell no, if they want to ride slower they can I jusy wave as I hammer on by. live hard ride fast

1982 kz1100 spectre D1

• clutch
  • User
  • I wish I had a tad more patience to do it better!
More
21 Nov 2011 20:26 #489555 by clutch
Replied by clutch on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
Great thread. I try to be as safe as possible on the road (especially on the bikes). I have no problem passing slower vehicles, but NEVER in the same lane, and only with ample room (if passing in the oncoming lane). I have no problems with anyone riding a different kind of motorcycle than mine, or even a cage...as long as they don't make my ride unsafe, then it's all good. I wave to anyone else on 2 wheels, as long as it's safe to free that hand up. Sometimes sitting at a light or stop sign, my bike is in gear, with hand on clutch lever and brake lever, or when behind the occasional vehicle that I take extra caution around (like swervers, or brake-happy people, or no brake lights), hands on levers there too. Just because someone doesn't wave, that doesn't mean it's because you're not on a harley...though sometimes it seems that way.

Southern Maryland, USA

1980 KZ250 LTD (traded, but still missed)
1982 KZ750 E3 (Cafe Project) (Dyna-S, Dyna Coils, V&H 4-1, K&N Pods, 6 Sigma Jet Kit, Acewell Computer, Woodcraft Clip-ons, Custom Rewire)
1966 A1 Samurai (Restoration Project)

Wish List:
KZ1000 P (For a "touring" bike)
Z1 (need I...

• ready2ryde1985
  • User
  • got to love these kzs
More
21 Nov 2011 21:26 #489579 by ready2ryde1985
Replied by ready2ryde1985 on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
Old story but good one.

I was on my way home from school. I came to a set of stop lights and rolled up next to a full dress HD. My hole family rides HD so its nothin new to dust one lol.
I leave the light like a good kaw should and when I roll up to the next light to my suprise there is a long pause befor he rides up.

I flip open my fulmer m1 and look his 20 k bike over. The guy on the dresser notices turns up his radio and chuckles as he rides off.

I have had alot of good runs vs sportbike and HD that night was unforgetable.

As far as rude I try not to be a jerk and even when speeding try to obey other laws even when 100+

Its nice to ride a kz B)

cant wait to 6 speed.!. :woohoo:

84 kz 700 a1
82 kz550 ltd

More
22 Nov 2011 21:20 #489754 by wcrider62
Replied by wcrider62 on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
blew past one going up ramp getting on the freeway and it didn't make me feel bad at all

1982 kz1100 spectre D1