IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
06 May 2011 23:30 #449343 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
not as long as you dont mind having the favor returned to you some day :laugh:

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
06 May 2011 23:36 #449348 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
i dont do it unless i'm already on a blitz and come up on one...in which case i am not slowing for any car or bike...but i do watch to see that the what ever i am about to pass does not get a shock/scare, or, does not try and float over into to me to teach me a lesson...i do not do it to "show them"...i do it because i am in a spot where i know the road and have already been tripping the digits and they are just in a safe place to pass...be it at high speed...but that is rare...off duty police can be in that car or harley...and will make a note to spot you one day and repay the favor .......

but in general i dont "blow by" any one....i dont like it when it happens to me and i dont expect they do....

some times when hauling illegal buns....it is a choice....unfortunalty it will upset folks...

but...i have blown by harleys when in a screw it all mood over the years...and i do have to admit...it is so much fun that it was worth it....:evil:

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• trianglelaguna
  • User
More
06 May 2011 23:38 #449349 by trianglelaguna
I am giggling while typing and after my reply posted asked my better half"is it rude to blow by a harley"

the answer ,without a pause from her was

of course it is

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
07 May 2011 08:19 #449395 by ace
Replied by ace on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
some of those hogs can get up and go..they got all kinds of upgrades and stage kits to make em go.they also got big motors compared to my kz 1000.i found this out when i went on a big ride with hundreds of bikes.after we all parked and stripped off our gear i heard a strange wirring sound in the lot and had to ask whats that as all the motors were off???? cooling fans one guy said. i was blown away,,,,, what will they think of next??????

78kz1000

• riverroad
  • User
  • 1980 1000LTD B4
More
07 May 2011 09:25 #449400 by riverroad
Replied by riverroad on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
Rude to blow by a Harley?
Gee, I always thought that's what they're for.

More
07 May 2011 09:27 #449401 by N0NB
Replied by N0NB on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
Blow by 'em and give them the bird as you go by. After the asshat came riding around this end of town at 2:15 this morning revving his straight-piped HOG, I couldn't care less for the feelings of the rude bastards!

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

More
07 May 2011 09:47 #449407 by dejavoodo41
Replied by dejavoodo41 on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
It's not the bikes I don't like it's the attitude of a lot of the riders. They are all about the whole it's American thing and diss the V Rod because porsche helped develop the engine but the fact is that theres a lot of non American parts on them. I've seen quite a few here with cooling fans as the cop bikes have oil coolers and cooling fans for the rear cylinder. I guess I remember when it was about the fact that you rode not what you rode. That being said I do get a sense of pride when some older guy on a Harley asks about my bike and tells about how either he or someone he knew had one or when they slow down to take a closer look. I have my bike because it's what I always wanted not because I'm keeping up with the Joneses.

1977 KZ1000A With 1980 KZ1000A MKII engine, Wiseco 1105 kit, Dyna S Ignition, 3 Ohm Dyna Coils, Cams, Mikuni RS34 Carbs, Vance and Hines Pro Pipe with Comp Baffle

New Smyrna Beach, FL

More
07 May 2011 10:02 #449411 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
I don't "Blow by Anyone" (other then my bud on his interceptor :evil: ) for don't care what they're riding...

I come up on a slower rider/group as normal, get in the opposite or far lane, twist it a little and go by while nodding or waving then go on with my business whether cruising or hauling ass...

You'd be surprised how many of these old HD guys will stop by later on while chillin at a gas station, cafe, breakfast what ever and come by for a peak and introduction... Usually ends up with a good conversation on how they loved that old KZ back in the 70's BEFORE they became HD owners...

You can see it in their eyes as they're reminiscing their youthful time on the Kawi...

Just my 2 worthless cents...

OMR

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

• M357.5
  • User
  • Kwakas N' lots of em'
More
07 May 2011 18:21 #449467 by M357.5
Replied by M357.5 on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
Was out today on the GPz, stopped for lunch. Parked in the lot with oh somewhere around 20-25 other bikes.

Right next to my bike when I came out was a Harley Bagger. He walks out to his bike as I'm getting my gear on and I say Hi...no reply, no nod = WHATEVER.

So he has NO gear, other than a stupid pudding bowl helmet. So he is on his HOG and has it fired before I get on the GPz. Well he goes to pull out, turns too sharp and dabs his foot...on his way down at this point, so he grabs the front brake to avoid running into the side of the car parked on the opposite side of me.

I took a quick step, reached out a grabbed the bars. He got her stopped before coliding with the Subaru LOL, and I kept it from going over on him. Suddenly I'm a GREAT guy....

Exchanged a few " wow that was close " and " are ya alright " and he kicked her back in gear and off he goes. Funny how he didnt acknowledge me till I saved his $25K shit box from an expensive/embarasing collision. Oh well, hope he has a GREAT day.

83 KZ750L X2 + goodies = Project
84 KZ750L the mini ELR replica replica lol
84 ZX750E Turbo modded n' FAAAAASSSSSSTTTTT
85 GPz900r GREEN N' MEAN

• TeK9iNe
  • User
  • What did you do!?!
More
07 May 2011 19:00 #449468 by TeK9iNe
Replied by TeK9iNe on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY

M357.5 wrote: Was out today on the GPz, stopped for lunch. Parked in the lot with oh somewhere around 20-25 other bikes.

Right next to my bike when I came out was a Harley Bagger. He walks out to his bike as I'm getting my gear on and I say Hi...no reply, no nod = WHATEVER.

So he has NO gear, other than a stupid pudding bowl helmet. So he is on his HOG and has it fired before I get on the GPz. Well he goes to pull out, turns too sharp and dabs his foot...on his way down at this point, so he grabs the front brake to avoid running into the side of the car parked on the opposite side of me.

I took a quick step, reached out a grabbed the bars. He got her stopped before coliding with the Subaru LOL, and I kept it from going over on him. Suddenly I'm a GREAT guy....

Exchanged a few " wow that was close " and " are ya alright " and he kicked her back in gear and off he goes. Funny how he didnt acknowledge me till I saved his $25K shit box from an expensive/embarasing collision. Oh well, hope he has a GREAT day.

:woohoo: :laugh: NICE!

B)

Motorcycle Shop Owner/Operator

79 Kawie Z1000 LTD
81 Kawie Z1000 CSR
83 Honda VT750C A
85 Kawie GPZ900 A2
86 Zukie GS1150 EG
93 Yamie XV1100 E
Lucky to have rolled many old bikes through my doors ;)

• trianglelaguna
  • User
More
08 May 2011 01:05 #449515 by trianglelaguna
i would have given it a push

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
08 May 2011 01:38 #449523 by P21
Replied by P21 on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY

Attachment HONDA50C102MODEL5-7-11097.jpg not found

well hell lets see whats in my garage

Kawasaki KZ 1000 Police (2002) P21
Attachments: