IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY

More
23 Nov 2011 02:28 #489796 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
Last time I "blew by one" was coming home from work one day. These two piles, I mean Harleys were in front of me in their usual attire which is the tanktop shirt with the logo from some pile shop, like Harley Davidson of Toledo or whatever, no helmets, probably riding with flip flops, didn't look there. So these guys I could tell was your professional Harley rider, meaning idiot. They had the loud pipes of course reving their engines constantly as that is the first rule of riding, sound cool, and make sure everyone else sees how cool you are. Well the piles ride on, then a fatal mistake by a girl driving a Ford explorer which changed lanes in front of these morons cutting them off at a light. Of course then I knew there would be an infantile retliation, and no disappointment as the piles cut off the explorer then of course the miles of flipping off, but the main object was to punish this driver, so one junk in left lane, one in right and we ride along at 20mph for a couple miles in a 40mph zone. I get to my turn and blow by these dirt bags at about 50 when one of the jackasses jerks right over in my lane doing exactly what that girl did for all intents and purposes. What a moron, a couple of them in fact. I still blew by them, they can play their macho crap games with the girls.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2011 14:52 #489846 by Boostable
Replied by Boostable on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
The short answer is HELL NO! If I want to go around, im going around. If i don't I don't. Hell I even pulled into a funeral line one time, but I swear that was completely on accident!! (why do all these people have there lights on anyway!.. woops)

The funny thing is, living in central Florida (like dejavoodo41 said) and so close to Daytona, people think they are "bikers". It amazes me that most guys who ride Harley's think its Halloween all year long and get all costumed up! I have ridden almost every model of Harley they make (rent them for bike week from time to time, but I don't get the costume!) and they are just not for me.. the only one I would honestly ever consider owning would be a V-Rod Muscle... but I would have a hard time telling people I ride a muscle!!!

Dump asses every people, on every make and model.. to quote one of my favorite groups "life is hard, we live it our way and nothing else matters"

Enjoy,

~Jack

1982 KZ1000 J2 ~ Project (Street Fighter - Project Section)
1976 KZ900 - Daily Rider

More
04 Dec 2011 15:43 #491491 by gravit8
Replied by gravit8 on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
I'm gonna preface this with : My fam rides the H-D, they're HOG members and are fairly involved with the local chapter, etc. etc. I have dinner with the group every now and then...

AND I've worked at a few H-D dealerships as a detailer. So I've ridden more in a day, 100ft at a time, than some of these guys ride in an entire year. On their $xx,xxx chrome-encrusted pigs. Fat, ungainly, fugly pigs. There, I said it. That said, I'll still charge them $100 to polish all that chrome b/c they're usually too lazy to do it themselves.

I've blown by them on my 250 super sherpa. I've dusted them on my KZ1100. I have no compunction whatsoever about posting triple digits on the interstate because, frankly, I'm capable of doing so safely (lets not get into what the cagers might do unexpectedly. There is risk in simply mounting a motorcycle and speeed is just a small part of that risk). Meanwhile the H-D mindset is to line up with a bunch of other older H-D riders and let the leader dictate the speed the whole group travels at. And ride to some restaurant or town or landmark (together), get off, eat/chat, and get back on and ride together back to the beginning.

So when considering if it's rude to dust a 1,000lb ultra classic (I don't care if it is a 110 screaming eagle, that sith is still FAT) it is wise to consider the mindset of the rider. They are likely 40+, with a wife and probably even grandkids, in no particular hurry to get somewhere, so paranoid about the effing r-tards in SUVS crowding the lane and - OMG IT'S TIME FOR A SERVICE! so no, it isn't rude to remember why you love riding a crisp machine designed and built to move your a55 from point A to point B as quickly as you dare it to go.

That said, if you intend on passing a group of Bandidtos, or H-A's, or Mongols, you better have a full tank and some straight road in front of or you're likely to get messed up. My mother still remembers a time in the late 70's when my dad took his (KZ750? something similar) around a slow-moving group of H-A's and they chased them about 75 miles around some undeveloped parts of so-cal.

In summary*: Not rude at all. While you are saying '_____ fat _______ H-D roadblock' into your helmet, they'll be saying 'Stupid jap kids' while picking bugs out of their teeth (because they're wearing either no helmet or a 1/4 pudding bowl).

*Brought to you buy a guy who makes a living cleaning H-D products while getting crap for driving a solid, reliable Japanese bike and parking it proudly in front of the H-D dealership where it clearly doesn't leak oil and doesn't need service every 1,000 miles.

I honestly don't know how fast I was going, officer; My speedo tops out at 85...

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
04 Dec 2011 16:08 #491494 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

More
13 Dec 2011 20:16 #492998 by KZJohn
Replied by KZJohn on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
Yes it's rude, and totaly encouraged!!!! :evil:

More
14 Dec 2011 10:08 #493088 by WPBill
Replied by WPBill on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
My Harley will run rings around either one of my Z1's.

You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever!

Kamakura JAPAN, 1975 Z1B (x2, both in storage)

• lemo32
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • The Price of Cool aint cheap
More
14 Dec 2011 10:28 #493094 by lemo32
Replied by lemo32 on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
riding a Harley in Japan? bet you see a lot of taillights lol,

1979 kz 1000 06 katana 750

More
14 Dec 2011 13:25 #493109 by DiamondSkyBlue1000
Replied by DiamondSkyBlue1000 on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
If you don't, then it's just going to leak oil all over you and your bike... :P

More
14 Dec 2011 13:30 #493111 by DiamondSkyBlue1000
Replied by DiamondSkyBlue1000 on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
Is there something wrong with your Z1's?
Or, do you mean smoke rings?
-sorry, couldn't help myself.

More
14 Dec 2011 16:32 #493140 by KZJohn
Replied by KZJohn on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY

WPBill wrote: My Harley will run rings around either one of my Z1's.

Thats easy when the Z1's are in storage.

More
15 Dec 2011 05:52 #493225 by WPBill
Replied by WPBill on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
I've a V-Rod here in Japan. That baby is FAST!

Its pretty interesting. Due to a number of reasons, I'm running a Hello Kitty rear fender extension. I guess when a rude Japanese driver sees that, the silver anodized rear fender, and my size in relation to the bike, they must think I'm a girl riding a Honda 250cc Magna (which is most popular in silver anodized as well). So they crowd my tailight. When I turn my head just a bit and they see the beard sticking out from under the helmet, they realize its actually a big frickin' foreigner riding a rather large motorcycle, and back off immediately.

You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever!

Kamakura JAPAN, 1975 Z1B (x2, both in storage)
The following user(s) said Thank You: wireman

• Robwolf
  • User
  • It's ugly, but it moves!
More
20 Dec 2011 17:37 #493993 by Robwolf
Replied by Robwolf on topic IS IT RUDE TO BLOW BY A HARLEY
I had a guy at the HD shop drooling on my torn up old 400. Now I do enjoy passing vehicles that cost wayyy more then what I spent. Not hard considering I got the little rat for $150

'79 Kz400H1 'cafe' and '94 En500 Vulcan in swampy Florida.