"Hybrid," Streetfighter, Restomod Rollcall.

More
25 Mar 2010 12:12 #356065 by Jack
Beautiful 73 Irishwill, love monster bikes with stock paint.Please bring it to GBM in June, me and my bleed green buddies would love it !

Mark, regarding your question about racing at GBM- anyone can race with safety equipment in place. Helmet, over ankle boots, gloves and a kill cord attached to the on/off switch.

If you can run under 9.99 ET or over 120 mph. you need full leathers and GBM would prefer that you hold an IHRA or NHRA comp license, although that has been waved in the past for one timers with full leathers etc.

79 KZ 1075 MKll
79 KZ 1500 MKll dragbike
Gone but not forgotten:
3 X 73 Z1's
1 X 74 Z1A
1 X 75 Z1B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
25 Mar 2010 18:10 #356157 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic "Hybrid," Streetfighter, Restomod Rollcall.
Thanks for the info Jack.B)
I dont think i have a 9.9 in me.It would be my first time.:woohoo: But what a hoot it would be.B)

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

More
25 Mar 2010 18:17 #356160 by Jeff.Saunders
Replied by Jeff.Saunders on topic "Hybrid," Streetfighter, Restomod Rollcall.
my old relic

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,
Attachments:

• testarossa
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
More
25 Mar 2010 18:24 #356163 by testarossa
Replied by testarossa on topic "Hybrid," Streetfighter, Restomod Rollcall.
Jeff.Saunders wrote:

my old relic

Now that bike looks like it could be a handful. Turbo Z!

BTW, You have some very helpful employees. Whoever took my order the other day did a proper job of customer service.

1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN

• porchev914
  • User
  • Whats that? Half of my swingarm is missing?!?!?
More
26 Mar 2010 09:57 #356308 by porchev914
Replied by porchev914 on topic "Hybrid," Streetfighter, Restomod Rollcall.
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: I can't even imagine trying to get traction on that bike with 70's era rubber! :laugh: I'd give my left nut to ride that bike B)

FRANKEN Z!
1978 KZ1000 A2A with 08'Speed Triple SSSA and '06 GSXR1000 front end

More
28 Mar 2010 19:26 #356811 by Ruff
Jeff.Saunders wrote:

my old relic

Saweeeeeet!!!

Thank you,
Ruff

• testarossa
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
28 Mar 2010 19:50 #356814 by testarossa
OK Jeff, after studying that photo for the 9th time, I'm left with two questions. Is that bike raked? Who laced those wheels? I'm something of a cycling enthusiast as well, and I would call that pattern two leading, two trailing. Doesn't look like the standard two-cross pattern on my stock KZ1000A2 wheels.

2004 ZX-10R
Angola, IN

More
29 Mar 2010 16:48 #357037 by Jeff.Saunders
The frame is raked, the previous owner cut the top frame tube and pulled the steering head back.

The wheels are laced weird - again, done by the previous owner. I'm going to redo them (I've been saying that for about 4 years now...)..

The front is an 18" rim - I'm not a fan, I'd prefer a 19". The worst part is ALL the spokes are laced outside-in - so the spokes bend each other when they cross. If you look at the front hub, you can see all the spokes are on the inside.. It gives a clean look, but I'd rather have the wheels spoked conventionally - especially with such an evil handling bike...

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

More
29 Mar 2010 16:59 #357039 by Jeff.Saunders
1200cc Wiseco Turbo Pistons
Welded crank,
APE main bearing cap
APE cylinder studs
Stainless steel valves (36mm intake, 31mm exhaust)
Stock cams & slotted cam sprockets.
Rajay Turbo (old ATP kit)
42mm Mikuni flatslide
Fuel pump (w/boost regulator)
2" over steel box section swing are (with multiple shock mounts)
ELR rear shocks
Dyna 2000
Guillari Seat
Aluminum rims (WM6 on the back)

www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

More
29 Mar 2010 17:28 #357044 by dejavoodo41
Replied by dejavoodo41 on topic "Hybrid," Streetfighter, Restomod Rollcall.
This is the bike in it's current state. Future plans call for a updated front fork and wheel. A new seat and a different exhaust system and an oil cooler. I'm not sure what I want to keep the current swing arm or swap it out for something else.

1977 KZ1000A With 1980 KZ1000A MKII engine, Wiseco 1105 kit, Dyna S Ignition, 3 Ohm Dyna Coils, Cams, Mikuni RS34 Carbs, Vance and Hines Pro Pipe with Comp Baffle

New Smyrna Beach, FL
Attachments:

More
29 Mar 2010 17:28 #357045 by dejavoodo41
Replied by dejavoodo41 on topic "Hybrid," Streetfighter, Restomod Rollcall.
This is the bike in it's current state. Future plans call for a updated front fork and wheel. A new seat and a different exhaust system and an oil cooler. I'm not sure what I want to keep the current swing arm or swap it out for something else.

1977 KZ1000A With 1980 KZ1000A MKII engine, Wiseco 1105 kit, Dyna S Ignition, 3 Ohm Dyna Coils, Cams, Mikuni RS34 Carbs, Vance and Hines Pro Pipe with Comp Baffle

New Smyrna Beach, FL
Attachments:

• testarossa
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
30 Mar 2010 04:57 #357139 by testarossa
Jeff.Saunders wrote:

The frame is raked, the previous owner cut the top frame tube and pulled the steering head back.

The wheels are laced weird - again, done by the previous owner. I'm going to redo them (I've been saying that for about 4 years now...)..

The front is an 18" rim - I'm not a fan, I'd prefer a 19". The worst part is ALL the spokes are laced outside-in - so the spokes bend each other when they cross. If you look at the front hub, you can see all the spokes are on the inside.. It gives a clean look, but I'd rather have the wheels spoked conventionally - especially with such an evil handling bike...

I was going to say that I have laced a bicycle front rim three leading and three trailing before, but for aesthetic reasons only. The spokes do bear on each other, and it's not the strongest lacing. Doesn't matter much for the front of a bicycle, but on a turbo, big block Z I'd be concerned. I can't see the rear wheel well enough to tell, but if they are laced that way I'd lose that as well. Rear wheels are much harder on spokes, even on a lowly bicycle! I've never seen that lacing on a motorcycle before. Lovely bike in any case.

2004 ZX-10R
Angola, IN