I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??

• Limey
  • User
  • 3 Years in the U.K. - Brought the KZ with me!
More
18 Jun 2008 08:26 #220696 by Limey
Replied by Limey on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
Damn.... I was hoping for pictures! :unsure:

Eric
Newmarket, England (for 3 years)
Pentwater, Michighan (Home)
1978 KZ650
2000 ZG1000
2006 Suzuki Burgman 650

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Scrapper
  • User
  • I Survived P.D. Fri .the 13th 2008 .
More
18 Jun 2008 09:44 #220705 by Scrapper
Replied by Scrapper on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
IowaKZ wrote:

I'm sorry it didn't work out, but that's not right of her. Telling someone to give up something they love for no reason. If she was telling you to quit doing drugs or something really dangerous or illegal, I could maybe see her point then.

Here's an idea. Keep track of her next boyfriend. Maybe she can convince him to dump some of his toys and you can pick them up cheap.:laugh:

It might not be a bike, but it might be something else cool. Sounds like she has to be the center of attention in the relationship.

Oldkaws , Like my friend here said goes for me too , NOW git ur butt out there and ride , and find a pretty one riding her own bike (Make don't matter) hook up, and enjoy you favourite pastime together Kudos to you on you stand and descion. .. scrap and Buzzy

Handle every situation like a dog,
If you can't eat it or hump it,
Piss on it and walk away!

• MikePotter86
  • User
  • Two wheels move the soul.
More
18 Jun 2008 19:40 #220794 by MikePotter86
Replied by MikePotter86 on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
I am very glad to hear you made the decision you did, I wouldn't let a girlfriend of 3 years stop me from riding, much less 3 weeks. The 250 miles you rode sounds like a very good step for you, I just hope she didn't steal and hock everything at your house while you were gone.
There are guys on this forum that fight their wives for every hour they spend working on their bikes, and I bet not one of them regret having the bike.
My bike is almost 30 years old and is more reliable than any girlfriend has ever been to me. Some guys in here, I know have wives who are out there with them, in the garage, asking questions, maybe even holding a wrench now and then, this is what you need.

I know it sounds a little crazy, but your Kaw will always care, and your Kaw will always understand, and it will never ask too many questions of you.

Good Choice.

Michael L. Potter
1981 KZ 750 LTD
South Lyon, MI/ Bloomington, IN

www.flickr.com/photos/potterm/

More
19 Jun 2008 09:59 #220905 by KZ250LTD
Replied by KZ250LTD on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
oldkaws4ever wrote:

i heard your girlfriend said u wanted to sell ur bike to me. i politly told him to go fu** himself.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

I've had a similar thing happen, not with a bike but the same situation. There aren't words to describe how pissed you get :angry:

I said were done for good, u dont fuck*** go behind my damn back and tell ur friends i wanna sell my bike to them. her response was, do u really want that bike over me??? So i went out and suited up, started the old girl up and said does this answer ur question?

Glad to hear that, she sounds like an a-1 bitch.

Scrapper wrote:

find a pretty one riding her own bike... and enjoy you favourite pastime together

ANd maybe at some point, ride the bikes :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :whistle: :evil:

79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.

• BeeSting
  • User
  • Drive it like your tax dollars already paid for it
More
19 Jun 2008 10:08 #220909 by BeeSting
Replied by BeeSting on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
My true love, my BABY, my project, my hobby - my 1986 Chevy Caprice Stationwagon with a 454 in it.... I stopped working on it the day I met my ex.

5 years later I finally have a project again (and a new woman). She's not happy about the bike but she understands that I finally got back something that I've wanted since I was about 8 - MY OWN THING for me to MESS WITH.

You are:

Your attitude
Your actions
Your desires
Your goals
Your potential
and
Your desires. If there's any part of that she thinks she doesn't fit into, tell her to pack a bag.

"One day my wife said 'It's either me or the car!'...."

"...so I bought her a one way bus ticket"

BeeSting

Flint, Michigan - Chicagoland, IL

If I wasnt such a badass American, I would have to drive a Harley to make up for it

1980 Kawasaki KZ750 H1 LTD (4)
Kurayami (Girl of Darkness)暗闇の女

1980 Honda CX500C - GONE
Christine

More
19 Jun 2008 10:27 #220913 by violentvintagecycles
Replied by violentvintagecycles on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
OLDKAWS, good for you, made the right choice. It wouldnt matter what she wanted you to get rid of, your bike or your watch, noone should try and change another human being. She sounds the kinda girl that you come and find your 30 yr old comic collection in the garbage. DONT touch my spider man comic books man. :angry:
Now you need to find a girl that compliments you. What is the thing that you hate to do when working on a project bike? For me its sanding. Theres a couple of em that dont mind! :P

More
19 Jun 2008 15:18 #220961 by The Milkman
Replied by The Milkman on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
I am one hell of a lucky man. My new girlfriend (after swearing that I would NEVER get involved with another woman 7 years ago after my divorce) of 6 months keeps asking when she can go for a ride and she and her son have been involved in a couple bike accidents over the years. Legally, in Maine, I can't have a rider until I have had a license for a year. But, that isn't going to hold me up. She is going shopping for a helmet, while I'm on my vacation in Pa. for 3 weeks, starting next week. Riding the bike down of course!!!!
She wants a trike and will be shopping for one while I'm gone too. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: life is sweet. :laugh: :laugh:
Ride safe

78 650-C2, Stock engine, Jardine 4-2 Exh., 17-38 sprockets, dyna ignition and coils, coil wiring mod, carb mod.