I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??

• guitargeek
  • User
  • Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self absorbed.
More
17 Jun 2008 22:10 #220637 by guitargeek
Replied by guitargeek on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
Run far, run fast.

1980 KZ750-H1 (slightly altered)
1987 KZ1000-P6 "Ponch"
1979 GS1000 "Dadzuki"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• oldkaws4ever
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Have no regrets...... You only live once.
More
18 Jun 2008 02:09 #220649 by oldkaws4ever
Replied by oldkaws4ever on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
Well this morning was the end. i woke up at around 7:30, went out to clean my bike of, polish and wax the baby. bout a half hour later one of her friends came up and said i heard your girlfriend said u wanted to sell ur bike to me. i politly told him to go fu** himself. then i went inside and exploted on her. I said were done for good, u dont fuck*** go behind my damn back and tell ur friends i wanna sell my bike to them. her response was, do u really want that bike over me??? So i went out and suited up, started the old girl up and said does this answer ur question? i was so pissed i rode all day. I went to starved rock national park and had fun all day. i rode about 250 miles, and guys i couldnt be happier about how my bike made me feel. So i think i made the right choice here. Thanks for all ur helpful information. Im done dating girs for a long long time. For now the only thing that will get my money are my 3 beloved kz's.

74 Z1a 900 (Apart and making it better than ever)
77 Kz 650b (Threw a rod, going to sandwich in a 900 or 1000 motor)
76 Kz 400d
05 ninja zx-636
81 Kz 750 Ltd
Darien, Illinois

More
18 Jun 2008 02:15 #220650 by WPBill
Replied by WPBill on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
One of the first questions I ask a girl is how they feel about motorcycles, because I will always have one. If they don't like that, they can take the opportunity to walk now instead of later.

Which might also explain why I am still a born again bachelor.:P

I keep telling myself its the bike they don't like.:unsure:

You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever!

Kamakura JAPAN, 1975 Z1B (x2, both in storage)

More
18 Jun 2008 02:18 #220651 by WPBill
Replied by WPBill on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
oldkaws4ever wrote:

her response was, do u really want that bike over me??? So i went out and suited up, started the old girl up and said does this answer ur question? i was so pissed i rode all day. .

Well done!

Good riddance.

You never know, maybe it was all a plot for her friend and soon to be boyfriend to get your bike cheap.

You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever!

Kamakura JAPAN, 1975 Z1B (x2, both in storage)

• oldkaws4ever
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Have no regrets...... You only live once.
More
18 Jun 2008 02:27 #220652 by oldkaws4ever
Replied by oldkaws4ever on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
WPBill wrote:

oldkaws4ever wrote:

her response was, do u really want that bike over me??? So i went out and suited up, started the old girl up and said does this answer ur question? i was so pissed i rode all day. .

Well done!

Good riddance.

You never know, maybe it was all a plot for her friend and soon to be boyfriend to get your bike cheap.

ya well iff so they both lost.....haha. Im happy now so its all good with me.

74 Z1a 900 (Apart and making it better than ever)
77 Kz 650b (Threw a rod, going to sandwich in a 900 or 1000 motor)
76 Kz 400d
05 ninja zx-636
81 Kz 750 Ltd
Darien, Illinois

More
18 Jun 2008 04:31 #220657 by N0NB
Replied by N0NB on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
It's good that this happened now rather than much later. I don't know how old you are, but don't even consider marriage before 30, maybe even better, 35. The down side is that by that age most of the women you'll meet have been married once or twice and have a few kids in tow. If you're not looking for that (drama with exs, instant family, etc.), you'll have to be prepared to meet a lot of women until you find the one who is compatible for you. OTOH, the reward is greater as you've had a chance to live for yourself and learn about yourself before bringing another person into the mix.

I'm sorry you had to suffer through the unscrupulous actions of a couple of dimwits regarding your bike. I'll bet that you'll be fairly careful to vet future potential relationships.

BTW, we're happy to still have you in the Old Kaw family. :)

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

More
18 Jun 2008 05:01 - 18 Jun 2008 05:14 #220658 by N0NB
Replied by N0NB on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
oldkaws4ever wrote:

I said were done for good, u dont fuck*** go behind my damn back and tell ur friends i wanna sell my bike to them. her response was, do u really want that bike over me???

Such a binary choice, her or your bike. I'd like to know what she thinks makes her so special as to be able to make that sort of demand? :huh:

Let me guess, she was making the demand of you to sacrifice something you love while you had to accept her, her friends, and her interests unconditionally. Did I get close?

If you gave her a key to your place, change your locks. NOW! There seems to be a trend among women these days to get back at a guy by trashing his place and destroying his stuff. There's even a craptacular country song advocating that nonsense to women. Keep an eye on your place and file charges if you need to. If she shows up don't touch her or even talk to her except to tell her to leave the premises. If she refuses, call the law.

I don't mean to scare you, or anyone else, I'm just passing along ideas I deem important.

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )
Last edit: 18 Jun 2008 05:14 by N0NB.

More
18 Jun 2008 06:08 #220662 by ronjones
Replied by ronjones on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
WPBill wrote:

oldkaws4ever wrote:

Well done!

Good riddance.

Bingo, give that man a stuffed animal...he's called it. I also agree w/NONB about changing your locks, even if you didn't give her a key, she's probably made one. Keep your bike locked and in a garage and if she ever try's to start something, CALL THE COPS! Ya might also want to invest in one of those cameras used for scoping out animal trails for hunting. They take a picture when the motion sensor is set off, about $100/pair.

'82 KZ750 CSR, M1 twin. Mac 2-1 exhaust, K&N pods, 17tooth drive sprocket, Mikuni BS-34 carbs w/#47.5 pilot jet and #125 main jet, Canadian XS650 needlejetjet needle, Wired George's coil mod.
Barrak, Nancy and Harry says: Welcome to the United Soviet States of America, Comrades

• The Gringo
  • User
  • ¡Usted no necesita otra motocicleta!
More
18 Jun 2008 06:26 #220667 by The Gringo
Replied by The Gringo on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
Glad to see you emerged with your testicles and bikes still intact. In case she might want to give it another go here's a great video to watch, pretty much says it all.
youtube.com/watch?v=rAx0gSdv5yA

Andy
Akron, Ohio
80 Z-1 Classic-Sold
84 GPZ1100
79 KZ 1000 LTD
78 KZ 1000 A2
77 KZ 1000 LTD-Sold
76 KZ 900 The definition of a barn find
76 KZ 900-Sold gone to Denmark
KZ 750 times 3, KZ 650 times 8 Sold 1 down to 7
KZ 550 times 2 80 440LTD-Sold
81 CSR 305-Sold 81 Yamaha XS650 Special

More
18 Jun 2008 06:42 #220674 by IowaKZ
Replied by IowaKZ on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
I'm sorry it didn't work out, but that's not right of her. Telling someone to give up something they love for no reason. If she was telling you to quit doing drugs or something really dangerous or illegal, I could maybe see her point then.

Here's an idea. Keep track of her next boyfriend. Maybe she can convince him to dump some of his toys and you can pick them up cheap.:laugh:

It might not be a bike, but it might be something else cool. Sounds like she has to be the center of attention in the relationship.

1980 G1 Classic
Bettendorf, Iowa

More
18 Jun 2008 06:45 #220676 by KZErider
Replied by KZErider on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
Just keep in mind that the choice hasn't been between the Kz and "a" girl; rather, between the Kz(s) and "that" girl. There are many like her, but many who are not like that. I do agree that it seems that the percentage of women that are on the "control-freak" end of things has increased considerably in the past few years.

Enjoy your bike and your own life. There's someone out there who will admire and respect your personal strength and want to be a part of it. If you have to change anything about yourself in order to be accepted by someone else, it's obvious that YOU are not what they're looking for.;)

81 KZ750E2(project), 81 KZ750E2(parts donor), 87 BMW K 75C - got it runnin, didn't care for it, holding for family member, 79 CB650(project) Nomad 1700, VStar 950

More
18 Jun 2008 06:51 #220679 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
Let me get this right...

Your asking a KZ (true love of our lives) forum on what do about your situation with a girl you've only been dating for a couple of weeks????? :blink:

Your kidding right? I mean WTF is the matter with you, grow a pair and tell her to pound sand. Better yet, tell her buying another pair of shoes is stupid and watch her head spin and spew green goo as Linda Blair did in the Excorcist.

You're obviously young yet and have your whole life to meet another girl that does fit your life style (riding). Trust me, they're out there.

My wife loves the fact that I enjoy doing this especially once my project is completed she goes riding with me. That was one of the things that turned her on when we first started dating, somewhat on the wild side compared to the yuppy types she was used to.

All in all, this is a no brainer but your little head will most probably over ride big head and commen sense and you'll sell your bike, wear yuppy clothes and hold her purse while she shops at the mall. :woohoo:

:kiss: :kiss: Look at me, I used to be a man :kiss: :kiss:

Old Man Rock

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az