I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??

• Limey
  • User
  • 3 Years in the U.K. - Brought the KZ with me!
More
16 Jun 2008 05:31 #220281 by Limey
Replied by Limey on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
Got to add my $0.02:

DUMP HER!

Keep looking! - I consider myself very lucky, Mary not only likes the bike, she will willingly ride with me whenever possible - and it was her that encouraged me to buy it after I sold my Virago two years ago. We also own two MG cars - she bought the first one!

No, she is not for sale - I'm keeping this one!

Eric
Newmarket, England (for 3 years)
Pentwater, Michighan (Home)
1978 KZ650
2000 ZG1000
2006 Suzuki Burgman 650

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2008 05:37 #220282 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
Get one of those shirts that says "If you can read this...the bitch fell off!" Then cross off the word "fell" and write in "was pushed". If she is making those kinds of wifey statements as a girlfriend she will most likely become a sour old maid. Best not to become her bitch. besides I just read that a girlfriend in 2050 may be a robot (hense my new avatar) I'm ordering the Cherry2000 model!!!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Then again I will be about 110 so maybe the Cherry1000 would be better for me!!!!:blink: :blink: :ohmy:

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

More
16 Jun 2008 05:48 #220283 by Samwell
Replied by Samwell on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
oldkaws4ever wrote:

i have been going out with this girl for a few weeks, i told her about my plans of redoing my 74 z1. She told me that im selfish to spend all that money on a stupid motorcycle, and i needed to get my priorities strait. Should i break up with her and restore the z1? or should i keep going out with her and put the z1 on hold? Just to add, when i was single i had money out the wazu, and now that im not i am dirt broke. Help...... Thanks

That you're asking this question is important information. Do you support her in her hobby/pass-time choices? Did she really use the words, selfish and stupid?

My best advice is to drop her like a hot potato, and restore the Z1. As everyone knows, a finely tuned motorcycle restored to your satisfaction will attract a fine match! Just ask Dr. Phil!

If all else fails, send me the bike and I'll give it a good home! :woohoo:

S

--
Current Rides: 2013 BMW R1200GSW, 1972 BMW R75/5
Current Project: 1978 KZ1000A2: Supercrank'd by Falicon, APE studs and nuts, Dyna Green coils, powder coated frame and fenders, Stainless brake lines, dual front discs, pods, Kerker Exhaust, 1075cc with JE pistons

• PFC FNG
  • User
  • I've got the sickness!!!
More
16 Jun 2008 07:38 #220300 by PFC FNG
Replied by PFC FNG on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
I have lost three girls over this bike (one tried to get even but thats another story...), and I say dump her. Personally, I don't stand for a female trying to be controlling period. I work to hard to take orders about what I am going to do with my money. I have had women tell me to get rid of my dog, my truck and my bike but you know what? I still got all 3.

I know it would not be any fun if it was easy, but does it have to be this much fun?
84 ZX750 GPZ (Waiting for paint)
Eastpoint, Mi

More
16 Jun 2008 08:35 #220314 by StreetfighterKz
Replied by StreetfighterKz on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
When I started dating my wife she got a packaged deal. Me and my three bikes. Luckily she was cool with the bikes and now I have five. There are ground rules to spending $$ on them but its never an issue of "me or the bike(s)".

If it helps I always looked at it this way we I didn't have GF. There are roughly 300 million people living in the US and statically a little over half are female. So minus the too old and too young that leaves you with about 50 million women you could be persuing that might like you and your bike.

Later, Doug

1978 z1000 Streetfighter
1976 z900 Stripfighter (work in progress)
1983 Gpz750 Resto-Mod
1989 Vmax

More
16 Jun 2008 08:42 #220316 by N0NB
Replied by N0NB on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
What is it with women these days that they start leveling demands right off the bat? Are they really afflicted with a princess complex or do they simply not have a grasp on reality.

I'll admit it, I read personals ads from time to time. I love the ones that list all sorts of requirements of what the guy should/will do. It makes me wonder if they're looking for a slave or a partner.

Remember that in general a man partners with a woman thinking she'll never change while a woman partners with a man and begins trying to change him from Day 1.

Oldkaws, the decision is yours, but do carefully note the advice of those who have gone before who say that the demands will never stop and nothing you say or do will ever be good enough. Be wary as well for if you're having fantastic sex now, it'll likely dry up soon after marriage. I'm fully convinced that many women now view sex as simply a method to get a man to marry them on the promise of future sex rather than an ongoing and necessary part of a healthy marriage. Once they turn off the sex machine, they seem to not understand why their man might take up an offer that comes along.

You're not the first to encounter the modern American woman, but you can avoid the pitfall of playing into her hand. Start spending money on the Kaw like you want to. She'll get the hint and move on, hopefully without the inevitable drama which you're rightly wanting to avoid because you already know she is going to go psycho on you and take it out on the bike.

Good luck!

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

• Limey
  • User
  • 3 Years in the U.K. - Brought the KZ with me!
More
16 Jun 2008 08:44 #220317 by Limey
Replied by Limey on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
Hold on a minute, maybe we are being too hasty!

Post a picture of the girl, and the bike please - it will help us make a more "informed" reply! :)

Eric
Newmarket, England (for 3 years)
Pentwater, Michighan (Home)
1978 KZ650
2000 ZG1000
2006 Suzuki Burgman 650

More
16 Jun 2008 10:40 #220326 by kawsakiman
Replied by kawsakiman on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
Limey wrote:

Hold on a minute, maybe we are being too hasty!

Post a picture of the girl, and the bike please - it will help us make a more "informed" reply! :)

:laugh: best advice so far!

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

More
16 Jun 2008 11:03 #220327 by mariozappa
Replied by mariozappa on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
My bike has always been more reliable than my woman.

1977 KZ650C1
and the KZ650/KZ750 Conversion ;)

More
16 Jun 2008 11:54 #220337 by bigkaw815
Replied by bigkaw815 on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
Well, I for one an anxious to see what you think about all our posts. And, perhaps it would be a good idea to post a pic of the girl and bike. Which would be more deserving of spending your hard earned cash on? :P

• riverroad
  • User
  • 1980 1000LTD B4
More
16 Jun 2008 12:02 #220340 by riverroad
Replied by riverroad on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
Look at it this way.
How many KZ's are still on the market? (couple hundred maybe?)
How many women are on the market? (Millions for sure)

Should be a no brainer.

I had a wife once that talked me into selling my bike.
That'll NEVER happen again.
Just tell her, 'Look hon, I've been riding her a lot longer than I've been riding you, and she's a whole lot nastier'.
If she sticks around after that, then all's well.
If not, there's plenty more out there.

More
16 Jun 2008 13:07 - 16 Jun 2008 13:24 #220344 by ronjones
Replied by ronjones on topic I have a dilema. Girl or the kz??
You give in to this and you will NEVER have your testicles out of her or any other woman's lockbox.
My advice will be the same, none the less but a pic of the girl and bike might be a good idea. Just to see what kind of girl can make a guy deliberately give 'em up.

'82 KZ750 CSR, M1 twin. Mac 2-1 exhaust, K&N pods, 17tooth drive sprocket, Mikuni BS-34 carbs w/#47.5 pilot jet and #125 main jet, Canadian XS650 needlejetjet needle, Wired George's coil mod.
Barrak, Nancy and Harry says: Welcome to the United Soviet States of America, Comrades
Last edit: 16 Jun 2008 13:24 by ronjones.