Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZ650 cafe-racer 21 Mar 2022 17:48 #864155

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
  • Thank you received: 1895

Thank you for your help and support! Actually, I just have no words to thank you enough! Hope one day I'll be able to repay you with at least continuing the story of my KZ and new stories about other projects. 
I pray and hope you will finish your KZ bike but your next project is to be fight for freedom and rebuild your country as soon as possible. The ukraine people (and other voluntary soldiers from other free nations) have to learn the hard way that freedom have a high price of blood and tears. The victory against the false and fake de-nazifying liberator Putin and his slimy boot licking slaves will be come sooner or later from the russian people it self. See the fall of the iron curtain in 1989 GER/GDR...
The following user(s) said Thank You: kzstreetfighter71, gazzz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Scirocco.

KZ650 cafe-racer 21 Mar 2022 17:51 #864156

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
  • Thank you received: 1895

As our German friends would say - "nicht zu danken" (hope I spelt it right - my German should be better after being married to a German lady for 32 years !!)
I can´t hear your spell but your write or wrote it right

Edit: spelt, spell, spoke, sorry i am a little clumsy it´s a little late (02:00) here in Germany
The following user(s) said Thank You: kzstreetfighter71, gazzz, Wookie58

Last edit: by Scirocco.

KZ650 cafe-racer 22 Mar 2022 05:12 #864168

• scubaanders
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 233
Gazz I have always been a strong advocate for democracy having grown up in Sweden, we looked with pity to our neighbors in the Baltic states, Poland, East Germany and the Soviet empire. When as a kid visiting the countries behind the iron curtain we always felt for the people that were deprived of their basic right to democracy and free speech.

I have carried this with me through my entire life, through School, my military service, training for UN peace keeping service (was not deployed as South Africans at that time did not think highly of Swedes) through my many travels to countries all over the globe and my work life.

My travels also thought me that all humanity have one thing in common, the wish to see their children to grow up and hopefully have a better life than them self.
With this in my head I have seen with aw how many new democracies have been thrown back into dictatorship by their new leadership (usually grown from the ranks of the old suppressors). Like Russia, Belorussia and all the -stan countries.

So right now, I just feel sorry for, first of all you Ukrainians but also the Russian ordinary people that have their sons killed for an absolutely stupide cause, all these people that will not be able to see their children grow up. So sad, a conflict with only looser, even the derailed guy that started it all that now has written himself to the shit list of asses suffering of megalomania.

I sincerely hope that this stupidity stops, and the Ukrainian people regain their rightful sovereignty and that no more parents are deprived the possibility to se their children grow up.

So Gazz I stand with you and do my verry best to support the Ukrainian people that are seeking refuge here in Sweden. Please don’t hesitate to ctc me if there is anything, I can do for you or any of your friends that has made it to Sweden. 

/Anders
Gpz750R1 1982
Gpz750A1 1983
Gpz1100A2 1984
FZ750 1985
Gpz900R -91
The following user(s) said Thank You: kzstreetfighter71, Forrest, 750 R1, gazzz

Last edit: by scubaanders.

KZ650 cafe-racer 22 Mar 2022 09:05 #864176

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
  • Thank you received: 178
I am in for a Hondo in Euro!  Hang in there N.P. !  You are making a difference in your family and partner's lives!  Stay Safe!  
KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

The following user(s) said Thank You: kzstreetfighter71, gazzz

KZ650 cafe-racer 25 Mar 2022 01:08 #864279

• Daro
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi, my name is Darek im from Poland, i registered with kzrider probably some 5 years ago while doing refurb to my bike, but never got to wright something in the forum. Today the post on KZ1300 by Bill have brought me here, so i too will help member Gazz in this this terrible times in Ukraina. Where i am from there are a lot of ukrainian people fleeing from war, i hear people share there homes with theme and also help upon arrival across the border, so i hope for Ukraina and its people that there will be able to recover from this terrible times an loss they have suffered. Слава Україні !
Regards Darek
KZ1300
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZQ, kzstreetfighter71, DOHC, Street Fighter LTD, gazzz

KZ650 cafe-racer 27 Mar 2022 06:48 #864362

• gazzz
  • gazzz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 313
Sorry for not writing for quite a long time. I am OK but I had quite a busy week. And that was good to be busy. Today we have a hell of stormy weather outside so I have time to write.

I was in a hurry on the day when I sent parcels with car parts and medication to my people here in Ukraine,  so I jumped on a motorcycle without wearing thermal underwear or full gear. I just put on my leather jacket, helmet, gloves and boots. It was not more than +8C  that day so the next day I found out that such recklessness of mine was a mistake. Luckily, it cost me only one day staying at home and drinking a lot of hot tea.

I already wrote that it seemed I could lose my part time IT job. Situation was as follows. A week before the war the company I am working at has started moving to a new office. I did my part of the job, moving and adjusting computer, network and phone equipment and hardware so people could continue their work at the office or remotely. As war started, hardware continued to function and people continued to work remotely. Then there was quite a long  power outage at the office building and the server was shut down automatically.  To start working it had to be started manually.   And there were  we got an issue.  Office building is of later Soviet project and nowadays  is a "natural" vantage point from the military point of view. Personally I wasn't surprised that at some point it was manned by territorial defense forces. This caused an issue since rooms  that were rented by our company were positioned in the best way for defenders. It took some time to find and talk to people in charge and gather credentials to take company hardware back. It was crucial since these times it is next to impossible to buy new hardware.  So we took what was ours and left the guys from territorial defense our router with connection to a high speed internet line.

Then all was hauled to my boss house where I set up and adjusted all that was necessary for the company to keep working. It is important for companies to keep working and pay taxes since it keeps the economic system  from crashing. As I already wrote, our government made some tax exemptions, appointed support payments and allowed us not to pay utility bills.  However, city services continue their work so I paid all my utility bills in full and I wouldn't take any support money from the government since this means that someone else in real need of them may be left without them.

As we were driving through the city there and back  it was clear that only thing that russian could do is to bomb the Kyiv in stone age. No chance for them  to take the city without being drowned in their own blood. Every gun ready to fire at them, from government issued AKs and fancy AR systems  to old double-barreled shotguns. I wouldn't be surprised if I met a guy with a 19th century Berdan rifle.

Thank you once more for your support! All your donations and money  I was able to raise here  I spent for the good of my wife, son and Oksana. I had to spend them wisely and sparingly so  it took a lot of time to do so. That will for sure help them to learn and to find their places in Germany till the end of war.

That is all significant updates, and now I have little chores to do. But I hope I will return today and write a couple of additional answers.

Kawasaki KZ650 cafe-racer: in progress

Kawasaki Zephyr 750 (810ccm, 4in4, spoked wheels)
Honda CB815 "Eight Fifteen" cafe-racer
Yamaha XJ "Eight Ball" cafe-racer

www.gazzz-garage.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: DOHC, Street Fighter LTD, scubaanders, Mikaw, Grcko, Wookie58

KZ650 cafe-racer 27 Mar 2022 08:06 #864368

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1853

gazzz post=864362
I just put on my leather jacket, helmet, gloves and boots. It was not more than +8C  Now there’s a visual, at least you were wearing more than Slmjim does when he rides.

I know it’s serious but we all need to have a laugh once in a while. 

1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kzstreetfighter71, 750 R1, gazzz

Last edit: by Mikaw.

KZ650 cafe-racer 27 Mar 2022 10:55 #864373

• kzstreetfighter71
  • User
  • Atlantic West Coast
  • Thank you received: 250
Good to see the posts from you Gazzz and glad you are still safe and sound. Keep up the good work and keep the posts coming when you can, be safe mate.
06 Gsf 1200 bandit, 08 Triumph tiger 1010
05 Yam xv1700 , 02 Hon shadow 1100
1975 Z1 (currently working on)
1977 Z1000 ( running and in storage)
1978 Z1000 (currently working on)
1978 Z1r "skinny tank" (currently working on)
1978 Z1r "fat tank (gathering parts)
1979 z1000st (currently working on)
The following user(s) said Thank You: gazzz

KZ650 cafe-racer 27 Mar 2022 14:29 #864380

• gazzz
  • Sustaining Member

I just put on my leather jacket, helmet, gloves and boots. It was not more than +8C  Now there’s a visual, at least you were wearing more than Slmjim does when he rides.

Actually,  if I did so, I believe no one would notice the difference (at least while riding) since my legs would be as blue as my blue jeans!

www.gazzz-garage.com

KZ650 cafe-racer 27 Mar 2022 14:47 #864381

• gazzz
  • Sustaining Member
And here is the short answer for Michael and Anders' posts.

To do my best for my people and my country is an ongoing project. And I do believe that the new iron curtain is already falling. However, I do not believe in russian people. History knows more than one example of what we see now in russia. Their propaganda machine did its job for 100%. Too many ordinary russian people justify the invasion and what russian army is doing here in Ukraine. And it seems that the death of sons does not change the mind of parents. And many of those who could think for themselves just have no nerve to make a stand. In the videos from their demonstrations you may see dozens of people running away from a single policeman. At the same time ordinary Ukrainians on occupied territories  have the guts to stand unarmed against russian thugs that are shooting not only over their heads but shooting at them too. So it seems slavery in russia is not only around  putin, it went all the way down to masses. But I was glad to find out that things are different in Belarus. Russians invaded Ukraine from Belarus territory (main strike on Kyiv) and they keep using it for that purpose and to fire missiles at Ukraine and also air strikes of russian aviation come from there. But so far no Belarusian soldier invaded Ukraine. I think it's because Lukashenko knows that Belarusians will rise and it will be the end of his reign.  I hope I'm not mistaken about Belarusians. There are also a lot of Belarusian volunteers that fight on our side.

www.gazzz-garage.com

KZ650 cafe-racer 27 Mar 2022 17:12 #864382

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2672
Donation sent.

My heart bleeds and my eyes leak over the suffering the Ukrainian people are suffering.  How does something like this happen in 2022?  F'ing Putin should be strung up, like they did to Mussolini after WWII.  Send in the snipers and take that bastard OUT!  
The following user(s) said Thank You: 750 R1, gazzz

KZ650 cafe-racer 27 Mar 2022 19:14 #864392

• 750 R1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 394

Donation sent.

My heart bleeds and my eyes leak over the suffering the Ukrainian people are suffering.  How does something like this happen in 2022?  F'ing Putin should be strung up, like they did to Mussolini after WWII.  Send in the snipers and take that bastard OUT!  

Good to see we share a similar view on diplomacy Ed, no beating round the bush political garbage, just straight to the point....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nessism, gazzz