Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZ650 cafe-racer 16 Mar 2022 21:38 #863913

• Skidmark
  • User
  • Thank you received: 256
We can't help much from here, but our thoughts are behind you all the way!
Retired gearhead
'81 KZ-750 E2
'87 Suzuki Savage 650 Street Tracker
The following user(s) said Thank You: gazzz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ650 cafe-racer 19 Mar 2022 14:25 #864043

• gazzz
  • gazzz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 313
Thank you all for your support. It means a bunch to me.

A  couple of updates.

I spent curfew (imposed from 8:00 PM March 15th to 7:00AM March 17th) gathering and sorting things  I may need if I called from the mobilization point. I already had a "food" backpack ready at the exit of my apartments, so in need I could shoulder it and not be starving for around a week. It is packed mostly with light and long lasting food, some medication and so on. I wasn't sure if I will be called, but being busy helps to keep one's mind clear in times like we have here and now. Therefore I sorted and prepared for packing thermal underwear, socks (there is no such thing like enough dry clean socks) and even my leather motorcycle gloves which may serve as good as any tactical ones.     

The 17th of March brought no call to arms but it brought bad news. Whatever russian buggers may be piping via their propaganda channels about precise strikes on military targets, the truth is different:  from the very start of their invasion they don't give a f**k about using indiscriminate  weapons on civilian infrastructure and civilians. And as soon as they realized they were failing, they started to destroy anything they could reach. That's why men (and many women) here are ready to tear throats necks with bare teeth. As I already mentioned, my niece and four other persons  had to share two small rooms of her apartments in besieged Chernihiv since the start of this war . They already spent some days without electricity and heat. At some point a missile or shell struck the apartment house next to theirs. Then, on March 17th they got an even closer call: close explosions  blew out the glass in  their windows, damaged the roof  and likely damaged the  very structure of their apartment house,  since pipes of the heating system disconnected and door jamb turned out to be twisted. They had to kick the door to get out.

Luckily, Chernihiv, unlike Mariupol, is not totally encircled by russians. Leaving the city is dangerous because of shelling, bombing , firing. Also some of the ways are mined. But there are local people who know all the smallest ways out so they transport people to the safer villages around. My mother and stepfather found such people and arranged transportation of our people from Chernihiv to one of such villages. However, the further way to the town where my parents and my relatives live wasn't safe too, because of russians lurking around. I think  I already mentioned that my father died in a car crash when I was only seven years old and my mother raised us on her own (with help of grandmothers) for years until she met another man. He turned out to be a great man. He taught me to search for answers to my questions about how to fix things in books and  I fixed and adjusted my first unit (car gearbox) under his guide. He also knows all the ways from that town of ours to most of the cities around. So he just jumped in the car and was already in an arranged village when a car with people from Chernihiv arrived. That was a long two hundred kilometers back home but they made it and now they all are  in a place which is much safer than where they have been before. Thanks to the bravery and strong will of a couple of men. It was a great relief for me knowing they all are much safer now.

So far, I haven't been called.  However, I did what I could and now have to wait. Russians  already began to dig in on the lands they took and to dig them out the army will need more men.  When the time comes, I will be ready. Meanwhile, I was busy helping my family: searching and buying medications for my brother's wife and fuel pump (injection pump) for my stepfather Ford Transit. My family uses that bus to haul supplies to their shop (that's why my stepfather knows all the roads around), so keeping it working is of essence for their business and in time of war for people who rely on their shop. I made a bunch of calls and hurray, and with the help of my friends I found the thing here in Kyiv. Luckily our courier   services renewed their work in more or less safe areas so now the injection pump and medications are on their way to the closest safe city where they could pick the parcel. Hope the pump I bought will last long enough.

As for me, I have had no close calls so far. The closest missile hit the upper stores of the apartment house  some two kilometers from my location. It was around 4:00 AM on the 18th of March. I woke up from the sound of an explosion followed by the sound of windows glasses trembling. Yep, it was far enough, but when you hear those sounds, you know: someone is likely dead and for sure people have been injured...

Kawasaki KZ650 cafe-racer: in progress

Kawasaki Zephyr 750 (810ccm, 4in4, spoked wheels)
Honda CB815 "Eight Fifteen" cafe-racer
Yamaha XJ "Eight Ball" cafe-racer

www.gazzz-garage.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forrest, Street Fighter LTD, Scirocco, Skidmark, Wookie58

KZ650 cafe-racer 19 Mar 2022 16:16 #864045

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Walking Behind the Corn May Not Be All That!
  • Thank you received: 1271
Hello Folks,
I received this message from gazzz yesterday. I had asked him if there was a way we might contribute funds to help him out. 

"Thank you for your good words and your help. Hope one day I will return to my projects. Only yesterday PayPal opened for Ukrainians option to receive money from friends and family. Before that we had only the option to make payments. My PayPal address is  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. I will not spend money on myself. 
No one knows when this war will be over, so I would like to help my family and Oksana (my partner in Gazzz Garage) to get a fresh start in Germany.  

Kind regards,
Nazar"

Come on folks this is something we can do.
I'm already in.
Bill
www.KZ1300.com
Riders:
1968 BSA 441 Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 W3, 1976 KZ900, 1979 KZ750 Twin, 1979 KZ750 Twin Trike, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 2000 Valkyrie, 2009 Yamaha Roadliner S. 1983 GL 1100
Projects:
1985 ZN1300
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forrest, Daro, gazzz

Last edit: by KZQ.

KZ650 cafe-racer 19 Mar 2022 16:36 #864046

• Shankkole
  • User
  • Thank you received: 141
  Gazzz
You are an extremely valuable weapon when activated.Your mechanical skills and reasoning along with patience makes you a formidable foe.From a Marine, Your mind is your weapon.you cannot shoot a thousand soldiers at once, but you can electrify them when wet. funnel the enemy to where you want them, its a force multiplier.Pitfalls and pungee sticks are extremely effective at slowing a superior force(much like a sniper) but you only need a shovel and sticks.Broken glass on enemy side of berms/hills, so they cannot lay and shoot from cover.Keep an eye on the weather try to use the cold,wet, hot to your advantage, as your enemy will. Make slippery areas, foot soldiers take the easiest path everytime. In ancient days they would poison the wells of their towns when they retreated.So they could reclaim  them a couple weeks after.The world is watching, we see whats going down! Im praying to my heathen gods for Ragnarok on your invaders heads!
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZQ, riturbo, Street Fighter LTD, Scirocco, gazzz

KZ650 cafe-racer 19 Mar 2022 16:38 #864047

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 1720
I'm in, let's give the guy a break and prey we never find ourselves in his shoes
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZQ, gazzz

KZ650 cafe-racer 19 Mar 2022 17:18 #864051

• DOHC
  • Sustaining Member
  • Those Doe-Hawks really go!
  • Thank you received: 494

Come on folks this is something we can do.
I'm already in.

I'm in.  I hope it helps in some way.  I also donated to a few charities.  Paypal has a list.

www.paypal.com/fundraiser/117811171978246391
'78 Z1-R in blue , '78 Z1-R in black, '78 Z1-R in pieces
My dad's '74 Z1
'00 ZRX1100

KZ650 cafe-racer 19 Mar 2022 17:37 #864053

• Skidmark
  • User
  • Thank you received: 256
Sent some funds.  Be well, be safe, Gazzz.  
Retired gearhead
'81 KZ-750 E2
'87 Suzuki Savage 650 Street Tracker

KZ650 cafe-racer 20 Mar 2022 02:49 #864066

• referman
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 31
I'm in also, stay safe Gazzz we're all pulling for you and your country.
1980 KZ1000 MKII
1075cc
Ported head
Mikuni Rs36
Cam Motion Z4
Falicon Crank

2022 Z900 RS 50TH Anniversary

KZ650 cafe-racer 21 Mar 2022 05:37 #864115

• kzstreetfighter71
  • User
  • Atlantic West Coast
  • Thank you received: 250
This is a good thing lads, it makes me proud to be part of something like KZR that can help out in real time a member that needs it. My self and my sister that co.own my studio have been helping out where we can with donations for food and medical supplies to the Ukraine and those who live there and had to flee from there. just sent on a donation to Gazzz hope this helps him to help those around him, Angus.
06 Gsf 1200 bandit, 08 Triumph tiger 1010
05 Yam xv1700 , 02 Hon shadow 1100
1975 Z1 (currently working on)
1977 Z1000 ( running and in storage)
1978 Z1000 (currently working on)
1978 Z1r "skinny tank" (currently working on)
1978 Z1r "fat tank (gathering parts)
1979 z1000st (currently working on)
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZQ, gazzz, Stereordinary, Wookie58

Last edit: by kzstreetfighter71.

KZ650 cafe-racer 21 Mar 2022 13:09 #864132

• scubaanders
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 233
I am in, stay safe Gazz. My thought are with you.
/Anders
Gpz750R1 1982
Gpz750A1 1983
Gpz1100A2 1984
FZ750 1985
Gpz900R -91

KZ650 cafe-racer 21 Mar 2022 14:59 #864141

• gazzz
  • gazzz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 313
Thank you for your help and support! Actually, I just have no words to thank you enough! Hope one day I'll be able to repay you with at least continuing the story of my KZ and new stories about other projects. 
Kawasaki KZ650 cafe-racer: in progress

Kawasaki Zephyr 750 (810ccm, 4in4, spoked wheels)
Honda CB815 "Eight Fifteen" cafe-racer
Yamaha XJ "Eight Ball" cafe-racer

www.gazzz-garage.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: kzstreetfighter71, Street Fighter LTD, Wookie58

KZ650 cafe-racer 21 Mar 2022 16:05 #864146

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 1720
As our German friends would say - "nicht zu danken" (hope I spelt it right - my German should be better after being married to a German lady for 32 years !!)

Last edit: by Wookie58.